St Rochs 2019-20 ( The Centenary Season )

20 hours ago, griffiti on the wall said:
On 03/06/2019 at 17:47, Sharpal27 said:
All the best to St Rochs in their centenary year.
Will see you at some stage in the league.

What team do you follow Sharpal ?

Renfrew as per my logo on the left.

Player info so far

RE-SIGNED

Paul Tierney

Anton McGuigan

Robert Maguire

Jordan Logan

Ryan McManus

NEW SIGNING

Ryan Mcstay

MOVED ON

Eddie Ferns - DARVEL

Michael McGarahan - WISHAW

Stephen Bryson - PETERSHILL

Stephen McDonald - PETERSHILL

Money talks eh??

McDonald was good in the division below but like many, if not most, struggled with the step up. Bryson no big loss either but he is a bit better than Steph. 

Have to be replaced by experienced pros. Should have happened this year but if the Candy are going to progress this season it is essential. 

Ferns was exceptional earlier int he season but his form at the end was really poor so we move on from that one. He will be back. 

McDonald was good in the division below but like many, if not most, struggled with the step up. Bryson no big loss either but he is a bit better than Steph. 

Have to be replaced by experienced pros. Should have happened this year but if the Candy are going to progress this season it is essential. 

Ferns was exceptional earlier int he season but his form at the end was really poor so we move on from that one. He will be back. 
I think your spot on Garngad
Neither player is any big loss.
I never warmed to McDonald at all but tbf I thought when he played centre midfield in the run in last season he done really well but was far to slow to ever be a centre forward and his goal return in that position confirmed that for me .

18 hours ago, griffiti on the wall said:

I think your spot on Garngad
Neither player is any big loss.
I never warmed to McDonald at all but tbf I thought when he played centre midfield in the run in last season he done really well but was far to slow to ever be a centre forward and his goal return in that position confirmed that for me .

Aye when he came in and played CDM in the run-in two season's back he played a big part in promotion so we thank him and move on.

Wouldn't be too sad to see another few go as well to be honest. Hoping for big changes this season. 

On 04/06/2019 at 20:28, griffiti on the wall said:

players are not fans so no loyalty to the club

Aye, that loyalty stuff...only seems to work in one direction judging by the posts above. That haddie was OK when he was our player but he has suddenly turned into a disloyal diddie when his contract wasn't renewed....

Aye, that loyalty stuff...only seems to work in one direction judging by the posts above. That haddie was OK when he was our player but he has suddenly turned into a disloyal diddie when his contract wasn't renewed....

Joining peasy was a real Maurice Johnston moment that's what I meant regarding loyalty ..but regardless I wish them well

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

Let's be honest better terms on the table from Darvel than what Pollok offered and that was not pennies either .

Would have loved him to stay but he wanted the money so cheerio best of luck and ye know what the badge on the front of the shirt will always be more important than the name on the back .

It's a short career and Players are entitled to get the most they can out it and I have no issues with that but let's just be here honest if he was that desperate to play for Mick then he could have joined CP last season and forfilled his dream .

Loyalty is not a dirty word

The fans show loyalty we turn up every week win lose or draw

The gaffer has shown loyalty he could have easily chased a quick buck given his successful record at the club and took another job and some players have shown loyalty by staying despite better offers elsewhere and it's not a lack of ambition as they have ambition and that is too make St Rochs one of the best junior sides around or at the least the best ever St Rochs team .

So that's the guys I'm interested in and that's the guys I support because together we want the best for the club not ourselves .

20 minutes ago, griffiti on the wall said:

Let's be honest better terms on the table from Darvel than what Pollok offered and that was not pennies either .

Would have loved him to stay but he wanted the money so cheerio best of luck and ye know what the badge on the front of the shirt will always be more important than the name on the back .

It's a short career and Players are entitled to get the most they can out it and I have no issues with that but let's just be here honest if he was that desperate to play for Mick then he could have joined CP last season and forfilled his dream .

Spot on