St Rochs 2019-20 ( The Centenary Season )

Shocking m8 and last Wednesday night seems worlds away after the two performances and barely even created a chance in those two games but we will get it right tho might need to bring in a few new faces for certain positions

Another piss poor performance. Really need to get the finger out or it will be relegation dog fight in our centenary season.

16 minutes ago, griffiti on the wall said:

Delighted with the response from the players today after last week's debacle at Cumbernauld .

Played some good football and dug deep when needed .

Certainly plenty of positives to take into two tough games at Dalry and home to Arthurlie

Onwards and upwards

MTC emoji172.png

Good to speak to you again today Chris, catch you doon the brae later in the season.

Same m8 always a pleasure to catch up
Good game today played in the correct spirit .
One thing I noticed today was how fit your lads are Mick must be working them like dogs lol
Hopefully the lad who got carried off is not too badly injured but he left early and his arm or shoulder looked fucked

Good to speak to you again today Chris, catch you doon the brae later in the season.

17 hours ago, griffiti on the wall said:

Same m8 always a pleasure to catch up
Good game today played in the correct spirit .
One thing I noticed today was how fit your lads are Mick must be working them like dogs lol
Hopefully the lad who got carried off is not too badly injured but he left early and his arm or shoulder looked fucked

As I said before the game we are struggling with injuries and the two yesterday looked serious ones, I think lance has dislocated his elbow so all in all we are happy with a point. You are right with the fitness thing though🥵

Dalry away on Wednesday

And as much as I'm loathe to moan about fixtures as Kennie does such a great job it's a c**t of a place to send us midweek with a 6.45 kick off. .

Surely midweek league games if possible should be more local as fans will struggle to attend that match due to time restraints like work

We have a bus going which has already been downsized due to members working and with us not being able to leave with time to spare it's more than likely due to being stuck in rush hour traffic we will miss the start of the game .

That is not good for either the game or the punters who are the lifeblood of the game

2 hours ago, griffiti on the wall said:

Dalry away on Wednesday

And as much as I'm loathe to moan about fixtures as Kennie does such a great job it's a c**t of a place to send us midweek with a 6.45 kick off. .

Surely midweek league games if possible should be more local as fans will struggle to attend that match due to time restraints like work

We have a bus going which has already been downsized due to members working and with us not being able to leave with time to spare it's more than likely due to being stuck in rush hour traffic we will miss the start of the game .

That is not good for either the game or the punters who are the lifeblood of the game

I mentioned this last season as well. I appreciate it is a difficult job, but surely it would make sence to try and keep the fixtures more local mid week.  It's probably 2 fixtures over the entire campaign..We are away to Irvine 6.45..  So players need to be there by 5.30 or there abouts.. If you are working til 5 or beyond, almost impossible.. 

A quick get well soon to Candy fan Matthew. See you back at a game soon mate. [emoji172]

Brought my dad along yesterday again and enjoyed my pre match chats and coffee in the busy clubhouse. A good quality game as well with numerous excellent performances on both sides in difficult conditions. Credit to both teams and to both sets of fans. A healthy away quota vocal and following their team, partaking of the club house hospitality beforehand and giving some gesticulations and stick across to our side when they equalised. It all just left me with a good feeling and a hard earned and well deserved point just made it all sit better.

We scored 2 good goals to come back and go into the break 2-1 up, a second half penalty from the impressive Darvel #7 tied the game and we did well to hold on. Over the piece I think Darvel will count themselves unlucky but we did control the game in parts especially in the first half, in what was an impressive team performance.

I want to make a special mention to our scratch centre half duo. A pair of misfits who slotted into the role and performed at a standard that as an old centre half myself, I watched specifically more than most, appreciated more than most and gave me the 2 best moments of the game. Some people see joy in the flowing passing and smart finishes of our goals, my highlights are simple defensive plays. You probably missed them even if you saw them. The first half saw a last man centre half step forward and leave their right winger offside. This looks simple but requires awareness and confidence and showed we were in tune as a defensive unit. I loved it. Late on in the second half, we were hanging on a bit, a centre back went for the header but missed it and the other centre back swept round the back and hoofed it first time right over their dugout. Classic one goes one drops off centre half pairing. I loved it. If beauty is in the eye of the beholder then I think this centre half pairing were deliciously beautiful. Well played lads, the best performances I have seen from either of you.... keep going and keep working hard and keep doing the simple things well. To some fans, they are the real things of beauty.

Having read some harsh fans words after recent performances it was refreshing to see fight and desire and structure and discipline and no shortage of heart and quality. It really is a simple game and a simple ask. All players can deliver that and regardless of ability and performance, you will get my backing and the backing of the fans if you show those qualities every week. Most of the time it isn’t always someone else’s fault. Look at yourself and keep you standards high and you will get your rewards. The Candy did that yesterday and even though we sometimes fall out, (What relationship doesn’t go through that?) it reminded the fans of why they love this team the way they do.

Mon the Candy!
MTC! [emoji517][emoji172][emoji460]️[emoji106]

• 2 weeks later...

The St Rochs manager Andy Cameron has resigned from his position as first team manager after our defeat today at Gartcairn .

All the best Gaffer the last few weeks is not a true reflection on the unbelievable job you had done at the football club .

From the bottom of the old district leagues in front of literally 2 men and a dug to the championship and one of the best supported clubs in the game

Thanks for the Memories [emoji172]

Big shoes to fill.....

good too see Andy continue to work with the club and keep up the good work they have already put in place....

off the field the effort put in has been a credit to the people there who have given their time to help.......

On the field over the years they have progressed no doubt.....but face a big challenge now ......

Be interesting to see if any one comes aboard to assist or manage, 

Stevie Rankin the obvious choice to step up but has he got the desire to take the job,Ryan McStay could also come into the reckoning as coach/manager....has the experience.....

Sorry to see Andy Cameron leave his job A big character with a big heart who works his socks of for his team. A hard one to replace. 

I watched the Candy at Airdrie today and they have a lot to work to do.  They looked aimless at times and were the architects of their own downfall  

Good luck to Andy. 

Andy done an unbelievable job as a player years back when the club was getting at most 20 ppl through the door to where they are at today is down to loads of people but especially him, the job he has done has been first class and knowing him as a person he is a brilliant individual and personality. Think him staying on in another capacity is huge because he is cangy at the heart. Well done andy in all you achieved and was a privilege amd pleasure to play under you and get to know you. You’ve done at the club what many could only dream of mate and good luck in your new role