St Rochs 2019-20 ( The Centenary Season )

Well well well were do I start with the candy this season? Watched the game against Clydebank through the week! Absolutely honking! Striker is the size of a skip and his 2 left feet! Keeper? That is not a keeper! Looks like a janitor! Boy in the middle was decent but noticed him giving the lines man a 2’s on a joint at a corner! The candy’s time is up and Clydebanks future is worse believe me. Yoker the team to beat. Hope both teams catch the plague, cheers

10 minutes ago, tigerwoods.1 said:

Well well well were do I start with the candy this season? Watched the game against Clydebank through the week! Absolutely honking! Striker is the size of a skip and his 2 left feet! Keeper? That is not a keeper! Looks like a janitor! Boy in the middle was decent but noticed him giving the lines man a 2’s on a joint at a corner! The candy’s time is up and Clydebanks future is worse believe me. Yoker the team to beat. Hope both teams catch the plague, cheers

Cheers mate - spot on observation - you should be on Sportscene :)

7 minutes ago, tigerwoods.1 said:

Took in the second half of this myself unfortunately.  Both teams playing with a grenade by the looks of it, need to get the mitres back out at training. fancy the Candy to win their league if they change their full team. MTB 

Laughed at they last 2 posts! [emoji23][emoji122] Sometimes people get a bit too serious about it all.... top contributions chaps. I genuinely hope there are more like that this season instead of someone taking one sentence from a long post, missing the joke, then getting all high and mighty and overly officious, peppered by pomposity. It’s a game to be enjoyed after all and I for one am still enjoying it. This forum must be about banter and mickey taking and slagging when we lose and us gloating when we win. The Candy are 100 years old and we won’t be the best team and we ain’t the worst team in our history. We have a good number of fans and what looked like a good base of players on Tuesday... even with as many left feet as you could count. [emoji23]

Mon the left peggers,

MTC! [emoji517][emoji460]️[emoji106]

Best of luck lads for your season. Love the work your club and fan base has down and is doing for the local community. Hope to see you guys up in the Premiership soon (also hoping we don’t meet eachother in the Championship for obvious reasons.) Best of luck guys.

Best of luck lads for your season. Love the work your club and fan base has down and is doing for the local community. Hope to see you guys up in the Premiership soon (also hoping we don’t meet eachother in the Championship for obvious reasons.) Best of luck guys.
Thanks m8 we meet next Monday night on cup business and I'm sure it will be an another hard fought affair .
Good luck too for the season just not on Monday night [emoji106]

Well the season officially starts in two days time with a league cup tie against close neighbours Ashfield .

As the club begin there centenary celebrations there is plenty happening off the pitch as well as improvements to the pitch and the ground.

7 new faces and some old faces make up the core of this season's squad tho we used 26 players in 5 pre season matches so I think that will be trimmed down before Friday night .

My prediction for the season .

We will hold our own and I believe we can finish in the top 10 which all things being equal will be a successful season FB_IMG_1563978182020.jpeg.ab44880d44217459ee6aa06d478dd406.jpeg

Fair play to the Roch bench who where trying to sub there player who had a yellow first half and then second half and the Ashfield player pointed it out when trying to sub ....made me laugh 

candy far better team 1st half Ashfield faired better 2nd half 

good crowd and friendly banter all round 

Well well well all’s well and swell as the Candy crushed the wheezey Peasy in front of a bumper midweek crowd on a lush green pitch under the greying and tear sodden skies.

Tears of pain or joy (who were you supporting?) as a three goal second half blast left one side of the ground huddling quietly sheep like under the small enclosure, lamenting their 10 men’s demise at the feet and wise old heads of some slick interpassing and quality interplay. The other side by contrast (I know cos wiz there) were smiling and laughing, the rain means nothing when your team are soaked and soaring to a 3-0 win. The goals filled the eyes with wonder, the heart with an increased pulse and the mind with the endorphins that only the fabulousness of your football team can bring when they get it right. I thought our opponents did well at times and thought their big 9 was a handful. They actually had a half chance to go ahead just before the Candy corkscrew turned and pierced their corky defence. The 3rd goal In particular got me as it was quick and incisive and very pleasing on the eye. It was like a 180 in darts, yes yes YES! Great pass, early cross, one touch placed in the corner. I was impressed at times by our control and flair and movement and execution more so than I have ever been at the Roch in the last few years. A very promising and encouraging start to the season. A season which I doubt unfortunately that I will see much of....

I will get to the Candy whenever I can and have done my bit with 6 centenary memberships and shorts and shirt purchases. I always pay my full ££ entry and frequent the coffee hatch... but my support will be mental and spiritual rather than vocal and physical and written . If I don’t see another Candy game this season then Lord above.. I have a great big rain soaked laughter smiling hand shaking wonder of magical goals and derby day drenching to keep me going. If this is the Candy rainfall then I hope it rains forever.

Mon the Candy!
MTC! [emoji460]️[emoji517][emoji106]
IMG_6103.jpg

On 18/07/2019 at 22:53, tigerwoods.1 said:

Nonsense. Absolute nonsense. 

I mean imagine anyone from the Candy giving someone a 2’s on a joint. Never going to happen. Roll yer ain. 

3 hours ago, griffiti on the wall said:

Bus missed the first 30 odd minutes due to A77 fucked
Candy beat 2-0
Shite journey shite performance shite result and now it's pissing doon .
Lucky white heather anyone

Surely the game could have been held up 30 minutes Chris at this time of the year to let ur guys in ? 

Ref said he was happy too wait but Craigmark said no DL and it was our own fault that we never checked to see if the A77 was shut ( booking buses is a pain in the arse and now I need to check the traffic reports aswell [emoji1787] ) personally I thought it was shite from them tho kept someone on the gate to make sure we paid full price for slightly more than half a game kids aswell .

Surely the game could have been held up 30 minutes Chris at this time of the year to let ur guys in ?