St Rochs 2019-20 ( The Centenary Season )

21 minutes ago, griffiti on the wall said:

Let's be honest better terms on the table from Darvel than what Pollok offered and that was not pennies either .

Would have loved him to stay but he wanted the money so cheerio best of luck and ye know what the badge on the front of the shirt will always be more important than the name on the back .

It's a short career and Players are entitled to get the most they can out it and I have no issues with that but let's just be here honest if he was that desperate to play for Mick then he could have joined CP last season and forfilled his dream .

Money talks bud, all the best in your Centenary year, see you whenever the fixtures pair us up

Harsh on mcdonald and Bryson imo. Mcdonald played senior I'm sure so the step up not an issue and Bryson was four seasons at the roch according to gotw and like he said short career. Ferns a bit different, the squad darvel are building is impressive but obviously not away for penny's 

Harsh on mcdonald and Bryson imo. Mcdonald played senior I'm sure so the step up not an issue and Bryson was four seasons at the roch according to gotw and like he said short career. Ferns a bit different, the squad darvel are building is impressive but obviously not away for penny's 
Fair points junior guy
Like I said I would prefer to focus on the guys that are going wear the jersey next season and not other clubs players

42 minutes ago, griffiti on the wall said:

Fair points junior guy
Like I said I would prefer to focus on the guys that are going wear the jersey next season and not other clubs players

100% concentrate on next season and players involved  but also no point in talking down about players that served the club well and played at a higher level. Hope the 3 go on to do well , also hope the candy have a good season in the centenary year 

100% concentrate on next season and players involved  but also no point in talking down about players that served the club well and played at a higher level. Hope the 3 go on to do well , also hope the candy have a good season in the centenary year 
I'm not talking them down I'm simply giving an opinion based on what I have saw and if thats uncomplimentary then I'm sorry but it is what it is and while yes they served the club well they were also paid for the privilege so long as it's not personal abuse then fans are entitled to air opinions on performance they may not always be right but they are entitled to do so imo .

Ferns on the other hand was simply fantastic and joins Big B as the best players I have saw at the Candy and to lose him was imo a massive blow but the jersey is now available for someone else to come in and make there mark .

I do wish all 3 well but they won't play in front of a bigger and more devoted support than at the candy but that's there decision.

17 hours ago, griffiti on the wall said:

I'm not talking them down I'm simply giving an opinion based on what I have saw and if thats uncomplimentary then I'm sorry but it is what it is and while yes they served the club well they were also paid for the privilege so long as it's not personal abuse then fans are entitled to air opinions on performance they may not always be right but they are entitled to do so imo .

Ferns on the other hand was simply fantastic and joins Big B as the best players I have saw at the Candy and to lose him was imo a massive blow but the jersey is now available for someone else to come in and make there mark .

I do wish all 3 well but they won't play in front of a bigger and more devoted support than at the candy but that's there decision.

Maybe not you but other comments. Everyone entitled to their opinion. Anytime I seen ferns he was really good. Big b for me is nowhere near ferns level or others that I have seen playing for the roch but all a matter of opinion 

On 08/06/2019 at 02:30, Black Pennel said:

Aye, that loyalty stuff...only seems to work in one direction judging by the posts above. That haddie was OK when he was our player but he has suddenly turned into a disloyal diddie when his contract wasn't renewed....

What are you even talking about? 

Nobody called them any names. Blind loyalty is just stupid. 

Objective fact is St Roch's need a better standard of player after what we witnessed this season.  The two players mentioned are most definitely ones who can be improved upon and are no big loss. 

You are just being offended for the sake of it. 

5 hours ago, Garngad1920 said:

You are just being offended for the sake of it.

I'm not offended at all, because I know how modern semi-professional football works. Was just pointing out the double standards apparently being expressed in the post I quoted which the chap has already clarified. From your reply, it reads like you are being offended on his behalf. :rolleyes:

Cant imagine the cost of all they names on the lit woulda have been cheap. What a great idea that is tho.

Not as expensive as you would imagine and fans only paid £19.20 for there names on all 3 shirts , a certificate and a limited edition badge plus more great offers throughout the season .

The kit maker was smart he knows he will now sell at least 400 shirts so happy days for both parties .

Joking aside delighted so many fans took up the offer to join the 100 club and get there names on the shirts .
Anything that brings a couple of quid in certainly helps KR
of course good idea ,anything that bring's in extra revenue is always welcome to any club [emoji41]