St Rochs 2019-20 ( The Centenary Season )

I like it. Preferred the option with the dog though. 
I would have just kept the original badge with 1920-2020 a hundred years of candy round it
I think you should only ever change badge if your going back to an original badge but it was the early 80s before a badge had ever appeared on a St Rochs shirt

We hope to be able to confirm a date for the pre season friendly v Celtic very soon

Celtic have agreed to be our opposition for a pre season centenary opener  - we are just waiting for confirmation of date

thanks

AC

Wow that's huge news that

A bumper crowd I'm sure will be expected for that.

Well done on pulling off a match against such opposition [emoji106]

49 minutes ago, griffiti on the wall said:

Wow that's huge news that

A bumper crowd I'm sure will be expected for that.

Well done on pulling off a match against such opposition emoji106.png

Be a few with divided loyalties that day. 

But enough about the players. 

Mon the Candy. 

On 30/05/2019 at 18:55, griffiti on the wall said:
On 30/05/2019 at 18:26, PedroGalliano said:
Be a few with divided loyalties that day. 
But enough about the players. 
Mon the Candy. 

I'm sure it will be a very young Celtic side but nonetheless the club will make a few Bob out it that's for sure Peter

It will definitely bring in a few quid on the day mate and will hopefully bring in some more longer term by attracting a few more regular attendees. Only need to look at the growth in support from outside the local area in the last year, especially from the South Side, through word of mouth and Twitter. A game like this could help in a similar way. Mon the Candy. 

Agreed Peter
I hope there is spike in season book sales this season as that would really put us on a firm footing along with the 100 club .
Probably the biggest step tho is get more sponsors into the club as that's were you make the big money but that's a tough old market to break.
Be interesting to see who we sign this season by all accounts the lad Mcstay is decent going by comments on here and happy with the ones who have re-signed but in an ideal world we would supplement them with a bit of quality .

That said however I think the legacy of the centenary season should not be chasing promotion but on securing the club for the foreseeable future and if anyone leaves then there would be a plan and funds to keep the club going .

You only need to look at Cambuslang Rangers and Maryhill to see how quickly things can go wrong and how close a club can be to going to the wall if there is no long term planning in place .

24 minutes ago, griffiti on the wall said:

Agreed Peter
I hope there is spike in season book sales this season as that would really put us on a firm footing along with the 100 club .
Probably the biggest step tho is get more sponsors into the club as that's were you make the big money but that's a tough old market to break.
Be interesting to see who we sign this season by all accounts the lad Mcstay is decent going by comments on here and happy with the ones who have re-signed but in an ideal world we would supplement them with a bit of quality .

Have you tried next door? This logo would look nice on the jerseys.

images.png

1 minute ago, griffiti on the wall said:

I'm sure the committee already have .
If they wanted to give the club a few Bob to promote that logo then I'm sure nobody would care about the colour

Seriously, why not. Nothing ventured etc. What about the builders in the area? There's a fair amount of development going on. Health promotion charities and the like are always looking to demonstrate their activity as well and places like Provanmill and Shettleston are where they should be concentrating their community involvement

Seriously, why not. Nothing ventured etc. What about the builders in the area? There's a fair amount of development going on. Health promotion charities and the like are always looking to demonstrate their activity as well and places like Provanmill and Shettleston are where they should be concentrating their community involvement
I genuinely don't know if true but other fans have told me the company next door take nothing to with the club as they want the land to expand there business .

There is not a lot of businesses in the area and certainly nothing like what you get in a small Ayrshire town tho there are plans to build the new super Barlinnie prision just over from the ground so that might be an avenue as the authorities may invest in the area but again only my thinking

Credit due to St Rochs for finishing the league in quite a comfortable position,never really flirting with a relegation battle that some might have thought, having come up from league below.The Championship is a tough division with a good few teams that could hold their own in the Premier.Could it be possible for a challenge into the top six in your centenary season, or would avoiding the drop be good enough, i for one, hope the Candy have a successful Centenary season, would'nt a nice piece of silver ware top it off, after all St Rochs drew 1-1 with Largs in 5th round of Scottish Cup, if i remember correctly.What might have been with a bit of luck and good fortune, you could be playing us tomorrow at Hamilton, that would have been some occasion Candy fans.

For me Duraglit staying up would be an achievement as the championship is probably the ceiling of were the club can go without decent investment and even at that clubs like Darvel and Arthurlie will start the season with a budget way above anything we could hope for .

Yes for 70 odd minutes I must admit I thought our name was on the cup this season lol but Largs just too good in the end .

I was past your way yesterday in work's van gotw,few places down from u ,estate where country baskets etc are ? No harm in putting the feelers out

The gaffer and committee will have exhausted every business in the area and we do have sponsorship from many in the area but like I said it's not like an Ayrshire/ Lanarkshire town where many local businesses put back in as those types of establishments just don't exsist