Peterhead 2019-20

2 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

To think you guys had Scott Brown, Grant Savoury, Ryan Duncan along with Andy McCarthy last season in midfield.

First three are exceptional. Duncan, only 19, getting game time at Aberdeen and in my opinion will go onto bigger and better things, Savoury getting plaudits and will get a move to an SPL club.

Aye squad was totally gutted at the end of the season, Si Ferry left as well. Could be interesting to see if Cove go down will they still consider going hybrid/full time if not we could well be competing with them for players as most of our January signings will not be offered contracts

23 hours ago, peternapper said:

Aye squad was totally gutted at the end of the season, Si Ferry left as well. Could be interesting to see if Cove go down will they still consider going hybrid/full time if not we could well be competing with them for players as most of our January signings will not be offered contracts

Was one of the largest and most impactful turnover in players I've ever seen. 

From what I've heard it's only hybrid if we stay in the Championship and that's looking less and less likely. Still got a chance but the wins need to start coming from this Saturday.

A raft of our players will go regardless of what division we will be in. I'd guess Vigurs, Reynolds, Ross, McIntosh, Gourlay, Virtanen, along with all loans and clearly. It will be a huge rebuild.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, peternapper said:

Just announced Jordan Brown & Ryan Strachan will  continue as joint managers of the team. They have managed to get the in a much better state than when they took over .Hopefully with a fresh start next season they can get us back to winning ways.

Would love to see Jordon and Ryan make a massive success as new managers at the club. Young and eager and easily connectable to the fans. Would have been very easy for the board to overlook them but I think it's a great, positive move.

Will no doubt put an emphasis on procuring local talent. Very interested to see their first few signings 

31 minutes ago, Hayshead2 said:

How has Kieran Shanks been doing for you lads. 🇱🇻

Looks a decent player. Obviously playing for a very poor team but very mobile and would be better if he had decent players around him especially a good strike partner.

Maybe needs to build his strength up a bit against physical defenders.

Will always be remembered for missing a penalty against Clyde 🤣 although he had the confidence to grab the ball and take it.

Another year or two contracted to Arbroath? Otherwise we'd take him in a minute.

3 hours ago, blueone said:

Looks a decent player. Obviously playing for a very poor team but very mobile and would be better if he had decent players around him especially a good strike partner.

Maybe needs to build his strength up a bit against physical defenders.

Will always be remembered for missing a penalty against Clyde 🤣 although he had the confidence to grab the ball and take it.

Another year or two contracted to Arbroath? Otherwise we'd take him in a minute.

Thats good to here that he has something to offer. We are crying out for a Striker/Forward/Goal/scorer (Anything really).  I Don't think he was ready for us this year, but fingers crossed he can at least be an option for next season.

Kieran can not be faulted for his effort put in some great shifts just missing some goals. A lot of that could be down to the way we were playing, not providing service for him. He tended to drift out wide & all over the park rather than in the box where the goals come from. Has been working well the last few weeks having Oyinson with him. Sure with the right service he would get back to knocking a few in. Would not expect to have him again next season but hope hope he makes a success where he ends up he decerves to make it.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, D TOTAL said:

How about Jack Wilkie, keep again for next season or not ready for mans game?

Would be more than happy to have him for another loan. Would probably find it hard a Premier level but for his development maybe Championship level would be ok providing getting games. He certainly was getting better with us the longer the season

Good move for both parties I think. Never going to get regular football with us, and we usually play with a lone striker which I don't think he could do in the championship. All the best for the season ahead for yourselves and shanks