Peterhead 2019-20

20 hours ago, peternapper said:

Think the problem was more his signings  mainly have been duds rumour was a number of them are on £600 a week so not cheap at this level

Seriously £600 per week part time, I thought they days were gone at Peterhead?

6 hours ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

The guys been 100% honest in that interview, I genuinely don't see an issue with that 🤣

The players who are fighting to avoid relegation might just take some issues with it.

6 hours ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

The guys been 100% honest in that interview, I genuinely don't see an issue with that 🤣

Because the players he’s having a go at are still at the club. 

It’s a very John Hughes esc interview to give. Not sure what he’s gained from it to be honest. 

What about ex Peterhead player Keith Gibson for Peterhead manager ,was at Elgin as assistant manager,alot of years,also was manager at Broughty juniors with current Montrose manager Stewart Petrie as his assistant.

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

It’s a very John Hughes esc interview to give. Not sure what he’s gained from it to be honest. 

It's about making a statement.  He quite clearly didn't pick the manager.

Between his spell with us and this stint at Peterhead I'd be amazed if his win percentage is much north of 10-12%.

Complete skipfire of a season at Balmoor - chairman has to take some blame surely?

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Douglas Rae did a similar one for us in 2013-14, when Gary O'Connor and the gang were busy doing a banter year campaign. 

1 hour ago, strichener said:

It's about making a statement.  He quite clearly didn't pick the manager.

The chairman didn’t pick the manager? I’d suggest the club has bigger problems than a shite squad then. 

I’m also not quite sure what the benefit in “making a statement” is when the entire squad think “f**k this guy” and not try their arse for the remaining eight games. 

22 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

The chairman didn’t pick the manager? I’d suggest the club has bigger problems than a shite squad then. 

I’m also not quite sure what the benefit in “making a statement” is when the entire squad think “f**k this guy” and not try their arse for the remaining eight games. 

The chairman is only one person on the board.  If all the club decisions are being made by the chairman then I think that would be a bigger problem.  

As for your second paragraph, the players that were being referred to were the recent signings and I honestly don't think it matters how hard they try, they are not going to be players capable of winning league 1 games.  That our chairman has called out the ex-manager for signing worse shite than we already had will make not one iota of difference to our certain relegation.

14 minutes ago, strichener said:

The chairman is only one person on the board.  If all the club decisions are being made by the chairman then I think that would be a bigger problem.  

As for your second paragraph, the players that were being referred to were the recent signings and I honestly don't think it matters how hard they try, they are not going to be players capable of winning league 1 games.  That our chairman has called out the ex-manager for signing worse shite than we already had will make not one iota of difference to our certain relegation.

That was evidently also the case with the players Robertson inherited, with only 7 points in the 16 games before he got the job, but curiously Morrison didn't castigate those players or his mate McInally the same way for creating that mess in the first place.