Peterhead 2019-20

29 minutes ago, David W said:

Hopefully rearranged for the  Scottish Cup date in January.

And after a Christmas miracle that Duffy can get shot of one or two jersey fillers and replace them with someone whose actually played football before. 

31 minutes ago, peternapper said:

Hopefully the new manager bounce kicks in starting 2023 🙄

I have to say that your boys were pretty poor today. Your number 9 did himself no favours, effing and jeffing at his own centre back, booting a ball out of the ground when not getting the throw in his way, and then getting red carded for a potential leg breaker on Callum Crane in injury time. 

36 minutes ago, RubyTuesday said:

I have to say that your boys were pretty poor today. Your number 9 did himself no favours, effing and jeffing at his own centre back, booting a ball out of the ground when not getting the throw in his way, and then getting red carded for a potential leg breaker on Callum Crane in injury time. 

He's been out for nearly a year after an operation. Some comeback.

He doesnt want to be at PFC, but it appears no one else wants him.

He was told Peterhead would listen to offers ,but few ( if any) were made. That was under McInally. It may have changed under Robertson. I dont know.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

How’s Mikey Hewitt getting on? Feel like we may need him back in January. 

Been doing ok in a poor side just now, certainly been a help

1 hour ago, RubyTuesday said:

Rusty spits the dummy out quite easily but as mentioned has not played this season, must be getting stronger to be able to kick the ball out of the ground, would take a fair punt to reach the crowd there. Was not at todays game which is the only one i can remember not going to that i could have. Was at the earlier game down there and i think it is the worst ground in the league for attempting to watch a game. Who pays the wages there as crowds of under 300 cannot be paying them

3 hours ago, peternapper said:

Hopefully the new manager bounce kicks in starting 2023 🙄

It will take more than a bounce to improve our chances of avoiding relegation. I doubt if we could beat any team on today's performance. A huge improvement is required and hopefully some new signings in January will pay dividends.

3 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

How’s Mikey Hewitt getting on? Feel like we may need him back in January. 

Seems a decent player but not learning much apart from game time as we constantly get thrashed every week.

Would imagine he'd jump at the chance to get recalled.

I'd like to see Peterhead stay up in League one! 

You'll certainly need to sign a couple of strikers in January though, as your team posed no threat whatsoever.

What happened to that boy ex-Dundee Utd that scored against us in your home game a month or two back?

Also What about some highland league strikers you could tempt, is that possible.

Good Luck to yous anyway, hopefully you'll gather enough points to, at least get past Clyde! 👍

10 hours ago, Tenkay said:

I'd like to see Peterhead stay up in League one! 

You'll certainly need to sign a couple of strikers in January though, as your team posed no threat whatsoever.

What happened to that boy ex-Dundee Utd that scored against us in your home game a month or two back?

Also What about some highland league strikers you could tempt, is that possible.

Good Luck to yous anyway, hopefully you'll gather enough points to, at least get past Clyde! 👍

We can only hope for 9th at best. We have not had a real striker all season as McLean (got sent off yesterday) went for an operation start of the season & first outing was as a sub at Kelty couple weeks back. The lad that scored against you Balmoor was Jack Brown more an attacking midfielder who came from Rothes. Some of the support seem to think that Peterhead and the Highland League is jammed with great players, there are some decent ones in the HFL but they would not come cheap and as we found some years ago a lot of them want to stay local rather than travel all over.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Quick-Question-300x230.jpg?resize=300,23

Balmoor apparently opened on 28th September 1997 (which was a Sunday) - so was this an official opening match v some 'glamour opposition'?

According to our latest handbook "130 Years and counting" there did not appear to be a friendly to open Balmoor the first game was on Sunday 28th Sept 1997 & was a Highland League Match v Clachnacuddin which the away side won 2-1 Gary Clarke scored the first Balmoor goal. The official opening was caried out by Willie Miller