Peterhead 2019-20

Jim managed to rebuild teams a few times over his 11 year spell in charge. After losing 14 players in the summer then having a few missing the early season, Ritchie ,  McLean & McCarthy the league cup put us in a bad place before it started we only had 8 players & with no trialists allowed could not be too choosy in signings we only got a keeper in the day before playing the first game, this set a trend of struggling which we are only beginning to recover from. Not sure where we will find a replacement. Thought if not looking for anything else Jim might have been offered a place upstairs so to speak has certainly been a great servant to the club.

I have been a critic for a good few years now.  Especially when we had the budget and players and underachieved.  Now we have neither and hence why I haven't been criticising this year.

Incredibly tough job for someone to keep us up this year.

Thanks Jim, next man up please.

Edited by strichener

Sad to see him leave peterhead after all them years and he must of done alot of work for the club aswell but as he says himself the competition for players and money now against lower league clubs and highland league clubs is getting tight as we know ourselves at borough briggs

10 hours ago, Blootoon87 said:
10 hours ago, mo83 said:
Anyone linked with PFC yet?

Paul Hartley, Davie Robertson and Mark Cowie from the Broch are being touted. Nothing too exciting.

Paul Hartley would be a decent enough appointment.

3 hours ago, Balmoor Boy said:

Don't know if Mark Cowie would be interested, however, I  heard that Barry Robson might be in the frame.

His name has come up over the years maybe time to step up to the plate.

1 hour ago, peternapper said:

I did try to add one of your players to be considered, not sure if he would be thinking of a managers job but Sean Dillon was my shout

Sean Dillon ain't management MN material I'm off afraid.He is part of ours but it's mainly the two Campbell's that do all the stuff at the side of the pitch.To be fair he is normally playing but when he is not you don't see him at the side barking out orders,just my take on him don't think he wants to be a manager.