Peterhead 2019-20

10 hours ago, strichener said:

The chairman is only one person on the board.  If all the club decisions are being made by the chairman then I think that would be a bigger problem.  

As for your second paragraph, the players that were being referred to were the recent signings and I honestly don't think it matters how hard they try, they are not going to be players capable of winning league 1 games.  That our chairman has called out the ex-manager for signing worse shite than we already had will make not one iota of difference to our certain relegation.

He is the chairman of the board and whether he personality did not pick him it is a collective and you can’t just blame others. He could alternatively just pick the manager himself and get rid of the board!

17 hours ago, strichener said:

The chairman is only one person on the board.  If all the club decisions are being made by the chairman then I think that would be a bigger problem.  

As for your second paragraph, the players that were being referred to were the recent signings and I honestly don't think it matters how hard they try, they are not going to be players capable of winning league 1 games.  That our chairman has called out the ex-manager for signing worse shite than we already had will make not one iota of difference to our certain relegation.

The chairman will still have the final say and there’s zero chance that Robertson would have been appointed if your chairman did not want him there. 

I’m also not sure why he specifically called out the new players and ignored the ones who had them in the bottom two before Robertson even arrived. 

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

The chairman will still have the final say and there’s zero chance that Robertson would have been appointed if your chairman did not want him there. 

I’m also not sure why he specifically called out the new players and ignored the ones who had them in the bottom two before Robertson even arrived. 

Thanks for telling me how my club are run.  Why would the chairman have the final day?  If it was put to a vote and three of the four directors were insistent that they wanted Robertson then the Chairman would not have the final say.  

Our Chairman is not the main shareholder in PFC.  

50 minutes ago, 1993 said:

Just a general question, you are the one defending Morrison.

I am far from a defender of Morrison, but on this occasion he is right.  Our performances since Robertson took the helm have been poorer than before he was in place.

2 hours ago, strichener said:

I am far from a defender of Morrison, but on this occasion he is right.  Our performances since Robertson took the helm have been poorer than before he was in place.

Must admit have always stood with Rodger as first & foremost he is a true supporter of the club & does what he thinks is best for the club. As someone that follows the team home and away have to say performances did not improve under Davie & last week was really embarrassing. Will see if there is any reaction today there are players that we know really want to play for the club, some will hopefully try and regain some pride but some are just not up to standard.

47 minutes ago, peternapper said:

Must admit have always stood with Rodger as first & foremost he is a true supporter of the club & does what he thinks is best for the club. As someone that follows the team home and away have to say performances did not improve under Davie & last week was really embarrassing. Will see if there is any reaction today there are players that we know really want to play for the club, some will hopefully try and regain some pride but some are just not up to standard.

Let's hope players like Jack Brown are re-instated to the team - he didn't seem to get a fair crack of the whip under Robertson, who preferred to play his own signings who were poor to say the least.

2 minutes ago, Balmoor Boy said:

Let's hope players like Jack Brown are re-instated to the team - he didn't seem to get a fair crack of the whip under Robertson, who preferred to play his own signings who were poor to say the least.

Jack has to get a place apart from McCarthy nobody else in the midfield. Even some of his own signings were not getting a start Walliimbi ,Melingui, & Gabriel they may be no better than some of the other signings but have not had much of a chance.

Enoch Walusimbi was one of Jim's last signings, but as you state since Boris Melingui signed he hasn't featured. Would like to see John Allan feature his record at his last club was impressive

8 hours ago, GMac said:

Enoch Walusimbi was one of Jim's last signings, but as you state since Boris Melingui signed he hasn't featured. Would like to see John Allan feature his record at his last club was impressive

Allan got some time  in the game down at Alloa but looked a bit out of his depth but the whole team did that day, interestingly Jack McIver got a start that day but did not set the heather on fire, thought he did much better on Saturday & provided a wee bit of width

5 hours ago, CALDERON said:

No offence, but how the f**k did Peterhead hold on to Scott Brown for so long? Easily our player of the season.

It's great to hear that he is doing well at Raith.  He was always too good for our level and probably Raith as well tbh. 

His loyalty to the club was very appreciated although there was a worry every summer that someone would come in for him.  Could be doing with someone with his drive now. 🙄

1 hour ago, strichener said:

It's great to hear that he is doing well at Raith.  He was always too good for our level and probably Raith as well tbh. 

His loyalty to the club was very appreciated although there was a worry every summer that someone would come in for him.  Could be doing with someone with his drive now. 🙄

No surprize that Scott has fitted in well at Raith as mentioned think he would have had a number of full time offers over the years but obviously it now suits him better. We have not been able to replace him & lack an attacking midfielder now, McCarthy is more in the Ferry mould and have missed Ritchie going forward as well.

On 02/04/2023 at 15:25, peternapper said:

No surprize that Scott has fitted in well at Raith as mentioned think he would have had a number of full time offers over the years but obviously it now suits him better. We have not been able to replace him & lack an attacking midfielder now, McCarthy is more in the Ferry mould and have missed Ritchie going forward as well.

To think you guys had Scott Brown, Grant Savoury, Ryan Duncan along with Andy McCarthy last season in midfield.

First three are exceptional. Duncan, only 19, getting game time at Aberdeen and in my opinion will go onto bigger and better things, Savoury getting plaudits and will get a move to an SPL club.