Peterhead 2019-20

Big Joshua Oyinsan. There's a name I didn't think we'd see back in Scottish football.

I've honestly no idea if he was any good when he was with us. He was capable of doing some really decent things (see the goal against you lot last April). But he was also capable of spending 90 minutes wandering about up front chasing his own first touch.

He wasn't a particularly good finisher. His touch isn't particularly good and, considering his size, he isn't great in the air. He was also very easily wound up and players seemed to find it quite simple to get in his head. But he can be a handful when he's up for it. He's also absolutely rapid, especially when facing up a defender one v one. 

There might be a player there. But looking at his career I reckon a lot of clubs have thought that, and very few have got anything out him.

I enjoyed meeting the big man last season though. He's a huge character and our younger fans absolutely loved him because he was always up for a selfie and an autograph. I'm going to be really interested to see how he gets on at Peterhead.

Have you guys signed Boris Melingui too, or is he only on trial? Last time I saw him he was on the bench at Petershill. Which I thought seemed like his level.

• 1 month later...
On 18/03/2023 at 17:29, Blue-Toon said:

Easily the worst Peterhead team since we left the Highland League with no sign of any improvement since Jim left. If we beat Clyde to finish in ninth spot and survive the playoffs it will be a miracle. 

This is probably the worst team that I can remember wearing the blue jersey. No leadership, no creation, can't score goals and defence leaks like a sieve. We are going down into Division 2 and unless there is a remarkable turnaround next season - straight back to the Highland League.

Yep signing boys from tier 9 in England to play at this level is, well, optimistic. Ikwa has looked completely out of his depth at this level and cost two goals in his first two appearances.

I felt in the few times I've seen Peterhead recently Davie Robertson had at least improved home performances and organised the side a bit but clearly I wasn't privy to the meltdowns at Falkirk and Airdrie. No surviving that really.

From the outside the club would appear to need a total re-set and new investment in the summer.

1 hour ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

Yep signing boys from tier 9 in England to play at this level is, well, optimistic. Ikwa has looked completely out of his depth at this level and cost two goals in his first two appearances.

I felt in the few times I've seen Peterhead recently Davie Robertson had at least improved home performances and organised the side a bit but clearly I wasn't privy to the meltdowns at Falkirk and Airdrie. No surviving that really.

From the outside the club would appear to need a total re-set and new investment in the summer.

From what I understand, the decision to appoint Robertson was not unanimous.  I believe there may be some conflict at board level now.

As for investment, well that isn't going to happen to any greater extend than the last couple of seasons.

The first thing I thought of after seeing last weekends result was your post on how Robertson seemed to be moving in the right direction. 🤣

Edited by strichener

In fairness Peterhead were quite competitive the games I saw them, at home. Clearly not the case on the road although the support appears to be divided on whether this sacking was a good idea from the official facebook page. Many blaming a lack of investment from the chairman.

6 hours ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

In fairness Peterhead were quite competitive the games I saw them, at home. Clearly not the case on the road although the support appears to be divided on whether this sacking was a good idea from the official facebook page. Many blaming a lack of investment from the chairman.

Think the problem was more his signings  mainly have been duds rumour was a number of them are on £600 a week so not cheap at this level