Peterhead 2019-20

Recruitment to replace so many losses has been hit or miss, still a few to clear paperwork hopefully we can strike lucky with some of them. The young lad from Millwall showed some great moves on his debut but has been away on international duty. Have said elsewhere we lack a steadying influence like we have had in the past in Raeside, Mann, Perry & Ferry think Paul Dixon may have taken in for that role but whether he has not adjusted from full to part time he has disappointed & should probably just be used if really short. The injuries Hamish was still on crutches yesterday and will not probably play this season McCarthys problem has gone on longer than was expected and as for Russell McLean has been no word for a while but we really could be done with him on the park not everyone's cup of tea but he can take a chance when offered which is something sadly lacking just now, O,Keefe looks like he could work if given some help up front. 

3 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Is the rise of Cove to the detriment or Peterhead signing players in the NE? 

Possibly.

Cove did have quite a few ex Peterhead players, not sure about this season. 

Iirc they've signed a few ex SPL guys. Reynolds, Fyvie, Vigurs. Probably more I cant think of.

51 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:

I bumped into Rusty on Saturday, said he's still a couple of months away from playing.

Not good news, noticed Hamish Ritchie was back on crutches on Saturday not sure if he has had something done or if it is a case of giving it time. we have been unfortunate with having important players out for long spells Andy McCarthy has been a big miss as well

1 hour ago, peternapper said:

Not good news, noticed Hamish Ritchie was back on crutches on Saturday not sure if he has had something done or if it is a case of giving it time. we have been unfortunate with having important players out for long spells Andy McCarthy has been a big miss as well

Don't want to appear negative which is hard when watching Peterhead this year.  However, getting those players back is not going to turn our fortunes around unfortunately.  We have a team that looks like they don't have a clue on position nor tactics and a captain that is as good as a goal start for the opposition and I don't mean that he is just useless, he actually costs us a goal a game with Saturday being just another in a long line.

To Jim's credit this week he quite clearly removed the poorest players at half time but with the quality we have it was never going to be the difference.  Hopefully he'll now start thinking about dropping some of his preferred starters such as Dixon and McDonald.  Thought Ryan had an OK game but for me MoM would have been Wood.  Not his biggest fan but he saved us with some decent shot stopping on Saturday. 

I also noticed that Owen Cairns absolutely strolled the game against us.  I am not sure what happened with him but he clearly could have a place in our team at the moment.

Finally, Jason was lucky to stay on the park with his stamp on the Elgin player.  We certainly don't need players that are going to be playing like that, especially this year when we are struggling with 11 never mind 10.

Edited by strichener

Certainly, Paul Dixon has been poor just wonder if the change from full time to part time has affected him, not sure what the ldea of playing  him in front of Wilkie was but it did not suit him & was right hooked. As for Prince not sure if he is too keen to impress or what but when getting the ball never seems to gain control of it & loses it, also tends to dive in & will get himself in trouble. Saw the Elgin players complaining but did not actually see the incident with Jason he is one that does not like getting beat but needs to keep it in check. Thought towards the end of the season when Andy McDonald was playing further up the park he looked more comfortable. Hopefully we can avoid another battle of East End Park on Saturday although i still blame the ref and a certain Josh Fakenham who had everyone wound up, me especially 😛

21 hours ago, peternapper said:

Spoke to Hamish on Saturday. Said he'd had an operation but unlikely to be playing again this season.

Good thing is he's extended his contract so won't be able to walk away for nothing.

18 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Hi guys. Was just reading about your latest signing and clocked on the match preview that "McInally could be without 16 players for tomorrow's match."

Dodgy lasagne? Leave some in Edinburgh? What's happened?

I’m glad it’s not just me who noticed that. They’ve got more players out than we have available!

I do admire Peterhead’s commitment to finding these players and just continually singing them this season. It’s a lot more interesting for an outsider than just signing another J Brown anyway.

58 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Hi guys. Was just reading about your latest signing and clocked on the match preview that "McInally could be without 16 players for tomorrow's match."

Dodgy lasagne? Leave some in Edinburgh? What's happened?

Apparently we have signed 29 players. At least two don't have a work permit ( yes, a quarter of the season has gone) , several others are long term injuries and we keep picking up more injuries every week.

Don't know if it's because we've signed players that haven't played in a long time or the training is too hard?

Don't think we've had a full bench this season.

• 1 month later...

11 years, eh? One of the few managers in Scotland whom upon leaving you could say it is the end of an era for. Considering the struggles the changing landscape of football looks to be having on the club, I'm not surprised this was the final straw.

Best of luck on the next hire lads.