Peterhead 2019-20

How did said loanees get on today? I know today was a struggle but did they acquit themselves alright?

Hard to judge them as none of our players played well against difficult opponents. Hopefully they will settle in and become as good as Cammy Kerr and Josh Mulligan were during their loans with us.

• 2 weeks later...

Do we give up on this season and start the rebuilding for next season or do we have a chance to turn it around once we have our missing players back. It is embarrassing to be a Peterhead fan at the moment but hopefully we are at our lowest point and the only way is up. Rory pays us a visit next week and we know what that usually means.

Said last week we need to make ourselves hard to beat for a start, Alloa fans are saying it is the easiest win they can remember & having been there difficult to argue with them. Again some experienced players  missing the young players are either going to have to learn quick or be left out. I always try to be optimistic in regard to the club but difficult to see much light at the end of the tunnel without getting players back that can make a difference.

Aye, fair play to your chairman! Always good to hear two sides of a story.

Good Luck to you, I hope things improve, although it sounds like you'll need to start planning and rebuilding for next season in League two.

3 hours ago, peternapper said:

Good to see Rodger sticking his head above the parapet.  Haven't seen him round our side of the ground for a long time.  Did speak with Martin quite often though.

Poor show when we can't sign HL players although we could put together a team from the HL with ex-Peterhead players.

And just in case you are reading this Rodger, I am one of those that goes to the games. 😉

15 hours ago, Blootoon87 said:

Tom Ritchie signed on loan from Aberdeen. He'll get plenty of practice anyway.

I posted this about Jack and it's probably still the case (well maybe not Top Goalscorer!)

On 21/08/2022 at 09:29, strichener said:

Reckon he is already in for a clean sweep of awards this year -

Young player of the year

Player of the year

Player's player of the year

and probably Top goal scorer!

Anyway, best o luck to Tom.  I have a feeling he is going to need it.

Edited by strichener

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, mo83 said:

A think Peterhead and Jim Mac to be fair needs a change of scenery.

Any other club and he'd be gone.

However, don't think a new manager would be able to do anything with the squad we have signed.

Catch 22.

At least we got a glimpse of what NEXT season will look like.

10 hours ago, mo83 said:

Is that right? What has happened over the last couple years?

Honestly? Not a clue as to what's going on behind the scenes.

But,

On the playing front we lost a massive part of our squad for this season.

Scott Brown, Si Ferry, Grant Savoury, Ryan Conroy, Gary Fraser, Brett Long, Alan Cook,Rico Quitongo,plus the loanees Josh Mulligan , Flynn Duffy, Ryan Duncan, Lyall Cameron. Plus long term injuries to Hamish Ritchie & Andy McCarthy and injuries to a few more new guys we've barely seen play.

There are new signings awaiting clearance.  Whether those, plus a fit Ritchie and McCarthy will make us more competitive? It should do.

It's only 7 games into the league season so there's plenty time to improve the situation.

Crazy to think we are garbage, yet only 7 points off a play off place! 

How's that for a 'glass half full' comment' ?