Peterhead 2019-20

It's not been easy for Peterhead. They are not a moneybags outfit and had to build patiently  to get to league one.  Moneybags outfits coming up from below hasn't made it any easier, but they've kept their place and I applaud them for that.  It may well be even harder this season, but I wish them and Jim McInally well.

On 09/07/2022 at 23:12, blueone said:

If you read the programme, seems we have signed ex Montrose keeper Sandy Wood as backup.

Where has he been the last few years??

Guess he'll only play in an emergency and probably kills off the Tom Ritchie from Aberdeen stories.

Tom Ritchie has signed for Queens on loan hopefully going to challenge Max Currie to be first choice .

Think the deal came about because we have ex Aberdeen coach  Gordon Marshall.

52 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

Tom Ritchie has signed for Queens on loan hopefully going to challenge Max Currie to be first choice .

Think the deal came about because we have ex Aberdeen coach  Gordon Marshall.

Would be surprized if Aberdeen would be happy with him sitting on the bench, think he was pencilled in to come to us but us playing them in the cup complicated matters so we managed to get Newman from Dundee Utd which looks as if its a good move having Sandy Wood as No2 should suit everyone. Saw Formartine put four past Ritchie in a testimonial last week but believe he is a good prospect but sitting on the bench will not develop his game.

Good to see our youth recruitment is working.
Jamie Redman will return for the game against Binos.
We're getting the band back together, what's Leighton McIntosh up to? The other guy was signed from an actual amateur team. Just relegate us already.

Hopefully, they're emergency signings so we can put a team on the pitch against Stirling.

Three suspensions, four injuries and one doubtful on an already threadbare squad means we are struggling to get 11 players to play with no trialists allowed.

Need some decent signings / loans before the league starts.

1 hour ago, Blootoon87 said:
2 hours ago, As Easterly as it gets! said:

We're getting the band back together, what's Leighton McIntosh up to? The other guy was signed from an actual amateur team. Just relegate us already.

Still with us. Was quite shocked he got a contract extension as thought L1 was his ceiling or we'd strengthen in his position.

We're also short of players but if we have an unexpectedly busy end to the window then I reckon Masson and McIntosh are candidates for loans.

McInally normal does very well in the loan market so still time for you to get a squad finalised

15 hours ago, As Easterly as it gets! said:

Another horrific result.

Played 4. Lost 4. Goals for....0. Goals against 13.

I suppose 3 subs is an improvement....

Must admit, I commented to a friend that I think that has to be the worst Peterhead side that I’ve seen in 20+ years yesterday. Can’t see anything but a long hard season for you on that performance.

On 22/07/2022 at 17:23, As Easterly as it gets! said:

Best player on the park for us yesterday aswell

27 minutes ago, blueone said:

If we're going down the road of getting some of our former players back then a fit Rory would be top of the list.

Got to be coming back to you lads? Rumours of dropping to various interested HL sides for less travelling but he'll have talked to Jim already I'm guessing.