Peterhead 2019-20

15 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:

Goalie next please.

Think its in hand,  problem being we need somebody to either take a short term deal or possibly be No2 if the young lad from Aberdeen comes in on loan which is probably on hold until after the League Cup games with the trialists not allowed 

Looking forward to returning to my old stomping ground on Sunday!

Bought my ticket over the phone yesterday and spoke to (Michael ?) who reckoned it is going to be a full house. Think his life would be a bit easier if online ticketing was online!

Think he was panicking a wee bit about not having signed a keeper yet!

3 minutes ago, peternapper said:

Finally we have a goalkeeper, will he be our No1.  Hopefully settles in quickly

Wouldn't think the Aberdeen loan would still be happening??

Can't see two SPL loanees competing against each other.

8 hours ago, peternapper said:

We will still need to find another keeper which could be difficult if not getting a start. We have tended to be fortunate for a long time with keepers but at least having one is a start.

If you read the programme, seems we have signed ex Montrose keeper Sandy Wood as backup.

Where has he been the last few years??

Guess he'll only play in an emergency and probably kills off the Tom Ritchie from Aberdeen stories.

On 09/07/2022 at 14:24, peternapper said:

Finally we have a goalkeeper, will he be our No1.  Hopefully settles in quickly

And very good he was too. 3 superb saves in the first half, and a couple in the 2nd half.

Dominates the area which is great.

Heard as I left the ground that Hamish has a broken leg. Hope that's not so.

Otherwise , pretty much as expected against a strong Aberdeen side. 

Not disgraced. 

55 minutes ago, As Easterly as it gets! said:

And very good he was too. 3 superb saves in the first half, and a couple in the 2nd half.

Dominates the area which is great.

Otherwise , pretty much as expected against a strong Aberdeen side. 

Not disgraced. 

Newman was superb, what a find that is. Thought Jack Brown put himself about very well just a shame he gave away the pen. Another strong HL recruit from McInally.

Hamish Ritchie I think is a class act. Why we didn't see the talent and let him slip through the net is bewildering. He would be a solid addition to our team, a starter for me.

Broken leg would be horrific for him, a lengthy outage obviously and ridiculously bad luck for Peterhead just when they don't need it after a huge exodus. Him and McCarthy were going to be the driving force in midfield. 

What you saw from Ola is exactly the type of player I expect you will see all season. Physical, can hold it up and will work hard. Does need a second striker alongside him which will happen I'm sure for league games.

Solid showing against Premiership opposition.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

That would be terrible for Hamish & the club if it turns out he has a break hopefully not.

Newman looked solid & made a promising debut

The lad Kennedy for them went down anytime anyone got near so not a shock when the ref gave a pen which allowed the Dons to coast to the end of the game. We just need to battle on with what we have meantime until we can add some bodies by trials or loans.

1 hour ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Newman was superb, what a find that is. Thought Jack Brown put himself about very well just a shame he gave away the pen. Another strong HL recruit from McInally.

Hamish Ritchie I think is a class act. Why we didn't see the talent and let him slip through the net is bewildering. He would be a solid addition to our team, a starter for me.

Broken leg would be horrific for him, a lengthy outage obviously and ridiculously bad luck for Peterhead just when they don't need it after a huge exodus. Him and McCarthy were going to be the driving force in midfield. 

What you saw from Ola is exactly the type of player I expect you will see all season. Physical, can hold it up and will work hard. Does need a second striker alongside him which will happen I'm sure for league games.

Solid showing against Premiership opposition.

Aye. We were saying the same about Ola. Held the ball up well, but he needs the support to be there quick ish.

Big strong loon.

12 hours ago, As Easterly as it gets! said:

Hopefully it's not as bad as they think but a huge disaster for Hamish personally if it is.

https://12ft.io/proxy?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.pressandjournal.co.uk%2Ffp%2Fsport%2Ffootball%2Fpeterhead-fc%2F4522627%2Fpeterhead-hamish-ritchie-jim-mcinally-aberdeen%2F

Have to agree it doesn't look at all good. 0-10 in goals makes it even worse.

If there's any excuse to be be made it's we've had run arounds from Aberdeen & Raith and half a game with 10 men against Dumbarton, all with no subs to bring on to relieve the pressure.

However, if we don't get some decent players in before the league starts in two weeks time we're doomed, doomed I say.

dads-were-doomed.gif.c46aea2b2351f664a72348e74d6c19ca.gif

50 minutes ago, As Easterly as it gets! said:

Shocking display. Shocking result. Shocking state of affairs that 2 weeks from the start of the league season PD had 2 substitutes.

One of them a goalkeeper.

Lose to The Binos next week and McInally should be looking for a job.

For a normally well run club, this is pathetic.

We seem to be waiting for players to become available from the Dundee area and the Central Belt before looking at any available talent in our own area. One of our best signings has been Jack Brown from Highland League Rothes - there must be more  available prospects instead of paying huge expenses to take up mediocre players from the South. I also think that McInally is trying to make a point to the SPFL about not being able to play trialists in this cup. 

It is a sorry state of affairs and embarrassment to Peterhead Football Club that we are in this position so early in the season.