Peterhead 2019-20

On 17/05/2022 at 22:09, mo83 said:

Scott Brown signing up with you lads for another year? Good player so he is would take him at LP in a heartbeat.

A poster on our thread mentioned Grant Savoury was linked with us. How was he last season? I can't remember much about him but think he scored a nice goal in the last game of the season? 

Scott Brown is definitely a player I'd like to see in a diamond. 

15 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

A poster on our thread mentioned Grant Savoury was linked with us. How was he last season? I can't remember much about him but think he scored a nice goal in the last game of the season? 

Savoury was good aswell to be fair a think he was ex Celtic so good Pedigree.Scott Brown a very good footballer would love to see him at Montrose if he was to leave Peterhead.

Grant savoury is a excellent player don’t see him leaving us for another league 1 team maybe championship if he does leave hopefully not he’s amazing it’s in his contract he leave leave if a full time team comes in for him

2 hours ago, johnobrien said:

Grant savoury is a excellent player don’t see him leaving us for another league 1 team maybe championship if he does leave hopefully not he’s amazing it’s in his contract he leave leave if a full time team comes in for him

Assuming we're running the hybrid system again we could offer him a full-time deal. A FT deal with us is obviously at the lowest end of the full-time scale but he might see it as a good opportunity to return to that world. We seem to have struck up a bit of a relationship with Celtic and managed to get some decent players on loan from them this season. While I appreciate that Savoury is no longer on their books he may well have spoke around and sees us as a good fit. All speculation though so who knows!

3 hours ago, airdrieman said:

Maybe they're going to Raith now?? 🤣

2 minutes ago, blueone said:

Absolute nightmare. So many players leaving / already left.

Pretty much a complete squad rebuild.

Brown will be a massive loss and it must be disheartening seeing talent leave. Not the only ones as Airdrie and others are facing something similar.

The midfield of Brown, Savoury, Duncan and McCarthy I thought was one of the best collectively in the league. You'd think Savoury will be next as there is reported interested from elsewhere and he's soon out of contract.

McCarthy resigning is a plus though.

1 hour ago, blueone said:

Absolute nightmare. So many players leaving / already left.

Pretty much a complete squad rebuild.

We won't be signing players of his calibre as replacements though.

Wish Scott all the best, always gave 100% and delivered drive to the team when it was needed.

With him and Si gone, it will be a tough ask for the club to attract suitable replacements.

1 hour ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

You'd think Savoury will be next as there is reported interested from elsewhere and he's soon out of contract.

He's got another year left on his contract but has a clause in it that he can leave for a full time team.

He knocked us back in January, presumably because he had too much loyalty to Peterhead and wanted to make sure they stayed up and also we were maybe seen as a bit of a gamble given our precarious position. At least he’s definitely on the radar at the club and should we miss out on Kerr McInroy, I’d be quite happy if we signed him.

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Muzz had him at Dumbarton for a season and he played a lot. I can't say I was his biggest fan at that time but he's progressed since. 

I hate* to be that guy but Scott Brown was a Stevie Aitken signing. I genuinely remember nothing majorly positive he did with us though, in fact all I remember is that he ran like he was holding a shinty stick. Which is how my best pal at school ran.

With Long, Payne and now Brown away and big Rusty McLean asking to leave it's going to be a seriously busy summer for you guys. That's a lot of quality to lose for any club in League One.

*I don't. I know I am that guy :lol:

4 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I hate* to be that guy but Scott Brown was a Stevie Aitken signing. I genuinely remember nothing majorly positive he did with us though, in fact all I remember is that he ran like he was holding a shinty stick. Which is how my best pal at school ran.

With Long, Payne and now Brown away and big Rusty McLean asking to leave it's going to be a seriously busy summer for you guys. That's a lot of quality to lose for any club in League One.

*I don't. I know I am that guy :lol:

I could've sworn Murray signed him but there we go. 

Hello, obviously I don’t know much about this Scott Brown lad can you tell me much about him? but I’ve seen he’s been linked/likely to be, the lads a midfielder I think,  but I can’t see him getting into our midfield if Brad Spencer stays, because we already have Matthews, Stanton, Easton, Arnott (possibly Brad Spencer and Scott Agnew if signed as assistant/player). 

So if it’s a championship club it might be someone else 

4 hours ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Hello, obviously I don’t know much about this Scott Brown lad can you tell me much about him?

https://www.peterheadfc.org/2022/05/27/skipper-scott-brown-to-depart-club/

Been one of our top players for a few years now and also was the club captain. Never hidden his intention to go back to full time football and every season has had offers but not quite the right one for him. Has turned down a few, Dunfermline was one and more recently Ayr.

No reason why he couldn't play at Championship level and should be even better with full time training.

He's number 8 in this game from 2019.