Peterhead 2019-20

26 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

What’s the verdict on Brett Long, guys? Any good?

I would have kept him. Made some fantastic saves and went a LONG way to keeping us up.

Obviously has some faults (otherwise he wouldn't be at the level he is) especially the penalty thing. 😀

Don't think he'll ever forgive McInally for the very public comments after the East Kilbride cup tie. 😀

Would definitely have him before Rae or Wilson.

On 14/05/2022 at 17:42, peternapper said:

Off course yourself & a FEW others were underwhelmed when we went six games unbeaten  at the end of the season to avoid the play-off. No idea how Jordan will work out as a coach but he is enthusiastic & Jim who has a few years in the game must trust him so am happy to get behind him as most will

I thought the league was played over 36 games and not 6? Hardly being out of the bottom 3 and only coming to life at the end of the season is hardly an achievement to be proud of - the criticism that the management got was well warranted for some poor displays.

38 minutes ago, blueone said:

Disappointed Gary did not give us at least a season after being well looked after by the club. Hopefully the rest will stay but having the squad & training split between Glasgow/Dundee maybe starting to be a problem with Si Ferry not involved.

Edited by peternapper

46 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Think Ryan Strachan might end up back at Balmoor? He's released from Cove and without a club. He'll stay local so not many options going.

Does he not also work with the Brown bothers?  I think he used to, Jason certainly.

Not sure how he has been at Cove but think he has missed a few games with injuries, hasn't he?

Buzzing with the McCarthy re-signing, he was my POTY last season and would’ve been a huge loss. McDonald started to grow on me towards the end of the season aswell. Has a mistake in him but looked more comfortable when he moved out to full back. Also plays a beautiful diagonal long ball

11 minutes ago, bluetoonscotty said:

Buzzing with the McCarthy re-signing, he was my POTY last season and would’ve been a huge loss. McDonald started to grow on me towards the end of the season aswell. Has a mistake in him but looked more comfortable when he moved out to full back. Also plays a beautiful diagonal long ball

Agree with this in the main.  Only small criticism of McDonald is that he quite often ignores the easy pass in front of him.

McCarthy has a style that sees him booked almost every game he plays in but unlike previous players it is usually for getting stuck in rather than malice or mouthing.  Glad we kept him.

4 hours ago, strichener said:

Does he not also work with the Brown bothers?  I think he used to, Jason certainly.

Not sure how he has been at Cove but think he has missed a few games with injuries, hasn't he?

I'm not sure, could well be right. 

Ryan was out injured for a large period of the season and almost all of the remaining 15 games but he played an important part early on and did very well at Easter Road.

I rate him and would have been delighted to keep him if we were still in L1. Even in the Championship I thought he could do a job for us. He's not the quickest but by no means slow, positionally is sound and composed on the ball being an ex midfielder.

If you're short of a CB then he's worth a year contract imo.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

13 hours ago, mo83 said:

Scott Brown signing up with you lads for another year? Good player so he is would take him at LP in a heartbeat.

Been offered a new contract. If he does go elsewhere it'll be to a full time team.

24 minutes ago, blueone said:

Been offered a new contract. If he does go elsewhere it'll be to a full time team.

Yeah your probably right,think I read somewhere he would like to go full time again.

4 minutes ago, David Fernández said:

Is Russell McLean staying on with Peterhead? He's been a fairly consistent goal scorer in league 1. Sure most teams would probably take a punt on him at this level.

He is available for transfer -

https://www.peterheadfc.org/2022/05/07/availability-of-russell-mclean-circulated-to-clubs/