Peterhead 2019-20

2 hours ago, Bluetoon said:

Anyone else think this is a bit strange to have in a match report? Who ever wrote this, probably Jim himself, clearly giving an opinionScreenshot_20220314_064244.thumb.jpg.dd134a4d844c5fcfcb0adc84309811c8.jpg

The majority of fans have put up with these shitey excuses for most of the season.  Yes our defence is shite, yes we play some decent football but we can't be clinical when we have the football.

We are quite simply running out of games to keep us in this league.  If the team can bring some happiness by winning on Saturday then great.  If we don't, I expect a repeat of the above type of statement.

Guest Bluetoon

There's a discussion on a Raith Rovers thread on here chatting about who could be the new manager and someone suggested Jim McInally, and to say it went down like a lead balloon would be an understatement! Even opposition fans don't want him. 😂

P&B (2).png

P&B1 (2).png

P&B2 (2).png

Guest Bluetoon

Whatever happens between now and the end of the season, McInally must not be in charge next season. Can't continue with the whole "we were the best team" or "we were unlucky" rhetoric, nobody's buying it anymore. McInally Out

• 1 month later...
Whatever happens between now and the end of the season, McInally must not be in charge next season. Can't continue with the whole "we were the best team" or "we were unlucky" rhetoric, nobody's buying it anymore. McInally Out

Jim must stay.
Top of the current form table.
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/scottish-league-one/formtabelle/wettbewerb/SC3/saison_id/2021

Did not make it back up for our supporters club players awards on Saturday but the awards went to

Top Scorer-Russell McLean

Young Player Of The Year-Hamish Ritchie

Supporters Club Player Of The Year-Scott Brown

Players Player Of The Year-Andy McCarthy

All well deserved

1 hour ago, peternapper said:

Did not make it back up for our supporters club players awards on Saturday but the awards went to

Top Scorer-Russell McLean

Young Player Of The Year-Hamish Ritchie

Supporters Club Player Of The Year-Scott Brown

Players Player Of The Year-Andy McCarthy

All well deserved

My Brett Long campaign failed miserably

• 3 weeks later...

Off course yourself & a FEW others were underwhelmed when we went six games unbeaten  at the end of the season to avoid the play-off. No idea how Jordan will work out as a coach but he is enthusiastic & Jim who has a few years in the game must trust him so am happy to get behind him as most will

Edited by peternapper

21 minutes ago, peternapper said:

Off course yourself & a FEW others were underwhelmed when we six games unbeaten  at the end of the season to avoid the play-off. No idea how Jordan will work out as a coach but he is enthusiastic & Jim who has a few years in the game must trust him so am happy to get behind him as most will

Of course you are.

However the post on the website gave the impression that it was a new face not someone that hardly played last year and even when he did play in his limited outings added very little.

I am not sure what this has to do with our 6 game unbeaten run tbh.  How many minutes did Jordan see in these 6 games?  It was 7, 4, 12 and 11.  We have lost Ferry which although he has struggled with injuries still had a positive contribution and his absence was noticed whenever he was out.  I don't see how making Jordan a player/coach to replace Simon is either an improvement or "a good first step in assembling our team for next season".  

I really hope it works out in the coaching front but where it matters in the playing side, this is underwhelming.

Edited by strichener

The reason i mentioned the six game unbeaten run had nothing to do with Jordan playing but because as mentioned a FEW supposed supporters seemed to be hoping for failure to end Jims tenure as manager as it turned out we started getting results that we deserved. As for the appointment being an improvement on having Simon in the role, he was moving on so we needed to replace him  Jim  knows Jordan well  and must think he is capable of taking on the coaching role and if fit is a decent player to have probably on the bench possibly more of a threat than Del was.

30 minutes ago, peternapper said:

The reason i mentioned the six game unbeaten run had nothing to do with Jordan playing but because as mentioned a FEW supposed supporters seemed to be hoping for failure to end Jims tenure as manager as it turned out we started getting results that we deserved. As for the appointment being an improvement on having Simon in the role, he was moving on so we needed to replace him  Jim  knows Jordan well  and must think he is capable of taking on the coaching role and if fit is a decent player to have probably on the bench possibly more of a threat than Del was.

Yet, you accused me specifically of being underwhelmed when we went on our unbeaten run.  Even when in March I posted.

We are quite simply running out of games to keep us in this league. If the team can bring some happiness by winning on Saturday then great. 

Of course I am delighted that we have stayed in the league, our run at the end of the season was deserved and the players need to be congratulated for stepping up when needed.  None of this takes away from the fact that players like Jordan are not going to see us survive in what will be a highly competitive league next year.  Happy for others to determine if he will make a good coach  it it still doesn't set the standard for our playing staff next year, or if it does then we are in for a long season.

Edited by strichener

1 minute ago, doulikefish said:

Dumbarton 2 year deal for Brett 

Not sure where he lives, presume travel may have come into it. Noticed the other day Joshua Rae had left QOTS to go to Carlisle. Brett had some tremendous games for us but had a few howlers as well.

The question now is will Lenny Wilson finally get the No1 spot or will we get another "keeper" we have been very fortunate with that position for as long as i can remember

feel like he was unfairly left out thought he was a way better keeper then rae when he was starting 2 seasons ago