Peterhead 2019-20

• 2 weeks later...

With Aberdeen's very large squad, circa 25 senior players, do you hope or expect to take any of their youths in on loan? Kieran Ngwenya (LB), who was on loan at Cove tail end of last season, could potentially be a good fit. 

I expect Ngwenya and Ruth (CF) and perhaps Mason Hancock (CB) to be loaned on and all I think will target L1.

1 hour ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

With Aberdeen's very large squad, circa 25 senior players, do you hope or expect to take any of their youths in on loan? Kieran Ngwenya (LB), who was on loan at Cove tail end of last season, could potentially be a good fit. 

I expect Ngwenya and Ruth (CF) and perhaps Mason Hancock (CB) to be loaned on and all I think will target L1.

I can't remember the last time we had a loan player from Aberdeen, we seem to prefer players from the Dundee teams!!

1 hour ago, Angus of the Mo said:

How’s big Rusty MacLean getting on back at Balmoor?

He got off to a slow start wi the Mo, but improved and was getting some quality finishing. 

Not sure what the crack was with him and the Mo? Was surprised to hear he’d left.

He seems a much better player now than when he left us, has scored a few for us already in what has been a difficult wee spell, hopefully we can get back on track and Russell gets more chances

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, McGuire said:

Quick question for the Peterhead fans. Do the club ever put out highlights packages for the games? Been looking online after home games this season but the social media engagement seems pretty low

There are highlights on the streaming service but presume you would have to subscribe, also think goals can be seen on the SPFL Youtube site which covers most of the games i think

• 3 weeks later...
Jim doing what Jim does - signing guys and then loaning them out to other clubs.  They'll never be seen at PFC again if history is anything to go by.
We are the Chelsea of this division (without the quality of first team players obvs.).
He's too soft. "It's a shame they won't get much game time." You're their manager, not their pal! Looking forward to only being able to name three subs by November.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

On 02/10/2021 at 09:20, Blootoon87 said:

He's too soft. "It's a shame they won't get much game time." You're their manager, not their pal! Looking forward to only being able to name three subs by November.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Classic case Saturday past.

4 outfield subs and a goalkeeper on the subs bench.

Luckily it wasnt crucial.

Fantastic achievement and well done to the club for sticking by Jim during the bad times and the good. He is one of the nicest guys you could meet and hopefully the team will make sure this season is not a failure. Congratulations Jim and thanks for the last 10 years.

Do the fans feel Jim has been successful, or would you have preferred a change at some point?
He's got more lives than a cat. I like Jim, he seems like a sound guy and is a good spokesman for the club, however I'd have got rid of him after the relegation. I've no qualms with him staying now though, but it's difficult to see much progression happening.

1 hour ago, Blue-Toon said:

Fantastic achievement and well done to the club for sticking by Jim during the bad times and the good. He is one of the nicest guys you could meet and hopefully the team will make sure this season is not a failure. Congratulations Jim and thanks for the last 10 years.

Agree with the above, have always said & honestly believe Jim is the type of guy that if he felt he was not doing a good job he would pack in, he took a bit of persuading as far as i know to stay after the relegation but luckily the board did not panic which paid off thankfully. He has also played his part in the club gaining a great reputation for looking after players which must help with recruitment. We can trust Jim to do what is right for the club & gives an honest opinion on how he see,s things

On 07/10/2021 at 11:44, The Moonster said:

Do the fans feel Jim has been successful, or would you have preferred a change at some point?

It depends on how success is viewed.

Considering the relative performances of past managers,  Jim has done ok.

A winning percentage of over 45% is ok. Two promotions .one relegation. Much better than Steve Paterson and Neale Cooper.

We have become the thing I hoped we wouldn't....a yo yo club.

But we're not alone there.

I see no great bonus in trying something else with someone else at the helmTBH.

On 07/10/2021 at 11:44, The Moonster said:

He has been successful in bringing in some cracking players for the club.  That said, he has also been guilty of neglecting home based players and shipping in some absolute duds from down south.  I have watched Fraserburgh a few times this season and maybe Jim should do the same, the team is made up of at least half ex-PHD players and would give our current team a run for their money.

I agree with others that he appears to be a genuine and honest guy.  Unfortunately results are not driven by how nice, honest or genuine our manager is and we have had one of the largest budgets in our leagues during his tenure and his play-off record is absolutely shocking.  If we finish 9th this season, we may as well forfeit the play-off games as we have never either gained promotion or avoided relegation via the play-offs whilst Jim has been in charge. 

I think his time should have been up after our relegation and to hear comment that he had to be persuaded to stay on is really disappointing.  Given that we now have far more limited finances, it should be a calling for the club to develop locally.  Jim isn't the man for a job like that.