Peterhead 2019-20

On 08/07/2020 at 22:01, dusty bin said:

Can’t believe I just read he was travelling from Annan to Peterhead.

Thanks for the reply.

He wasnt alone. Willie Gibson was doing the trip with him (until he moved on , obviously). IIRC there was another player from near the borders making the trip too.

Anyway. A decent, solid goalie. Good signing for Stranraer. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, peternapper said:

Apparently Jim & the chairman have met to approve the budget for this season so Jim can now begin recruiting for the season ahead.

Do you think Peterhead will be interested in any of the Aberdeen reserve team players that were released of late? I see Chris Antonazzi, who we had on loan last season, signed for Forfar.

The Ross brothers, Dangana and Llyod Robertson are all looking for a club. 

3 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Do you think Peterhead will be interested in any of the Aberdeen reserve team players that were released of late? I see Chris Antonazzi, who we had on loan last season, signed for Forfar.

The Ross brothers, Dangana and Llyod Robertson are all looking for a club. 

There will be lots of players looking for contracts i would imagine. We usually go with a fairly small squad & depending on who gets resigned from last season would not expect us to take in players not ready to challenge for a 1st team place as we have no youth team to play them in.

3 minutes ago, Blue-Toon said:

Is he any good?

Depends what frame of mind he's in, but yes he can be a very good striker for this level. He was scoring every week for us at the start of the season then went through a long patch without scoring (including a bad injury lay off). It reached a point that Duffy apparently had a go at him on the way to training (he gave him a lift every week) and asked him if he felt he was pulling his weight (Layne admitting this himself in an interview). After that he was pretty good and I'd hoped he stay. If he's fit and up for it he's a handful for this division.

1 minute ago, peternapper said:

Looked ok at times against us last season, & possibly scored at Balmoor

He did, aye.

8 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Was all done with before he joined the club but I can't say there was any complaints when he joined. 

Thanks. PFC tend to stay away from anything like this but then you've got to balance it with giving people a second chance and getting on with their lives.