Peterhead 2019-20

Had a good chat with one of the new directors towards the end of last season when I paid one of my few visits to Balmoor. He kept saying he was planning to make big changes and it looks as if he's getting his way.

Two directors gone who both put massive money in on a monthly basis which includes the departure of their caterer which will impact on income on a Saturday no doubt.

McAllister gone and I wouldn't be surprised if McInally is next followed by the chairman if the new guy was correct in what he was saying. 

Only thing that surprises me is that it's taken this long... 

Edited by Dunderheid
Grammar

25 minutes ago, Dunderheid said:

Had a good chat with one of the new directors towards the end of last season when I paid one of my few visits to Balmoor. He kept saying he was planning to make big changes and it looks as if he's getting his way.

Two directors gone who both put massive money in on a monthly basis which includes the departure of their caterer which will impact on income on a Saturday no doubt.

McAllister gone and I wouldn't be surprised if McInally is next followed by the chairman if the new guy was correct in what he was saying. 

Only thing that surprises me is that it's taken this long... 

That is worrying news, had not heard any conformation of who was going certainly Harry will be a huge miss & depends who else is leaving. We have always had a fairly consistent board that got on with things without too much fuss. This is certainly worrying news as we have been fortunate to have a board that did everything possible to take the club forward but you always have to crack a few eggs to make an omelette.  

Strange why there has never been any announcement one way or the other. No news not always good news!

Thanks to Raith Rovers my plan to go see the Blue Toon for only the second time this season now scuppered.  Wife still planning trip to shops in Union Square so I guess it's either Pittodrie or Cove for the first time!

29 minutes ago, peternapper said:

That is worrying news, had not heard any conformation of who was going certainly Harry will be a huge miss & depends who else is leaving. We have always had a fairly consistent board that got on with things without too much fuss. This is certainly worrying news as we have been fortunate to have a board that did everything possible to take the club forward but you always have to crack a few eggs to make an omelette.  

Harry and Ian Grant will be a big miss to the club - I heard they are trying to get someone else in.  It will be an interesting end to the season and unless the manager can stop signing midfield players and bring in a decent centre half and goal scorer - we look destined to return to Division 2.

33 minutes ago, peternapper said:

Reading between the lines thought Ian may be the other one involved, he will be a huge loss financially in particular as think he certainly had the most invested in the club & will change our ability to pay top whack.

Ian Grant would be a miss but think we would have seen an announcement to this effect if true as he would be a main backer surely? Isn't he the one who built the new cafe? I saw Harry Fraser at the last game so not sure what the story is but think we need to know if any big boardroom plans are afoot. Apparently Rodger had a health scare and wanted to take a step back but hold his majority share until another chairman found  but has had to step back in to steady the ship again. I do know that one of the new directors was overheard criticising the manager and players in the bar after a game which did not go down well and won't help matters - surely any grievances from top brass should only be aired behind closed doors and not in public! 

On 14/01/2020 at 22:49, blueone said:

Understand that one director has gone and another very close to going if not already gone as well.

No official statement yet to be fair.

On 16/01/2020 at 15:57, blueone said:

Cough, Cough.

3 hours ago, Toon Pride said:

I do know that one of the new directors was overheard criticising the manager and players in the bar after a game which did not go down well and won't help matters - surely any grievances from top brass should only be aired behind closed doors and not in public! 

That'll maybe be the same guy I was speaking to, he seemed to be trying to drum up support for a change of management. Not a McInally fan obviously!

This article seems pretty negative compared to the E.E. one. I was a bit surprised  that travelling to Forfar for training was mentioned as a downside. Is Rory based in Aberdeen, or further north? Presumably Cove, train in Aberdeen. 

It's just dandy that Aberdeen now has an outlet for disgruntled former Dons fans and semi-loyal Dons fans not wanting to travel to away games. 

BBC News - Rory McAllister: The prolific plumber not willing to gamble on full-time move
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51146444

3 hours ago, Brummo said:

This article seems pretty negative compared to the E.E. one. I was a bit surprised  that travelling to Forfar for training was mentioned as a downside. Is Rory based in Aberdeen, or further north? Presumably Cove, train in Aberdeen. 

It's just dandy that Aberdeen now has an outlet for disgruntled former Dons fans and semi-loyal Dons fans not wanting to travel to away games. 

BBC News - Rory McAllister: The prolific plumber not willing to gamble on full-time move
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51146444

Ever since I started speaking to Cove?

After you'd signed , Rory? Lol.

Really disappointing to hear Rory mention that one of the reason to leave is because the team weren't doing as well as expected, sorry but that happens in football, you get on with it and try and turn things around, not leave.

Worrying to hear about the banter with the boys had gone, hopefully this is just Rory trying to make himself feel better about leaving.

Mon i Toon

Got to say I was impressed with Balmoral Stadium although the stand is a bit small and I never imagined I'd be seeing Rory score for another team today!!

...also what's with all the Peterhead Directors hobnobbing it in the Cove hospitality today?? 

...is that not like going to your ex-wife's wedding dance?

Edited by Dunderheid