Peterhead 2019-20

35 minutes ago, As Easterly as it gets! said:

Forget Elgin.

If you want comparisons look at Ross County and ICT.

Through the league set up and winners of National trophies.

We've been in the leagues 20 years and had one chance at the Play off in league one.

We have become the very thing the two highland clubs have avoided. Another club stringing along in the lower reaches of the SPFL.

Nah it's at least 3 chances in play offs in league one - once with Ian Stewart, once with Neale Cooper and I think once with Mcinally.

16 minutes ago, As Easterly as it gets! said:

It will be pretty much as you say, though if he has someone looking after his affairs(an agent in other words) then he'll know what was on offer.

The word here is they've offered him the amount it takes to pay off a mortgage.......

Not sure if PFC are happy to let him go, but if what we both think has happened, has in fact happened,then it's pointless trying to keep him.

He would be due a testimonial soon, so CR must've come up with the splonders.

Apparently Hartley tried to sign him twice when he was manager at Dundee. I hope he realises that the player he signed today is that bit older and has some problems now.

Not that I care.

I suppose proving that someone was tapped up might be difficult with no evidence other than circumstantial, and if they've accepted a fee for him then it might be difficult to claim he was tapped up, but it doesn't seem right to me.

13 minutes ago, peternapper said:

A wee bit surprized there was no mention of a medical as for over a year it was said that Rory would need an op on his ankle, for a while now Rory has not been starting games & been coming off the bench presumably because of his ankle or could he have been showing Jim signs of itchy feet so put on the bench for a few weeks.

Nobody at part time level will do medicals. You're the best part of a grand for a full medical, it'd be madness for part time clubs to do that with every player. Clubs just depend on players being truthful about their fitness when they're signing.

17 minutes ago, Toon Pride said:

Nah it's at least 3 chances in play offs in league one - once with Ian Stewart, once with Neale Cooper and I think once with Mcinally.

You're probably correct. I get bloody confused with the change of league designation. 3rd division changing to league 2....yada , yada.

19 hours ago, blueone said:

Understand that one director has gone and another very close to going if not already gone as well.

No official statement yet to be fair.

Don't know if anything has been made public yet about who has gone, this could be more important than losing Rory.

We have become the very thing the two highland clubs have avoided. Another club stringing along in the lower reaches of the SPFL.

It might not be overly ambitious but being another club stringing along in the lower reaches of the SPFL will become increasingly difficult over the next 10-20 years.

Look at where Berwick are now, sunk without trace in the bottom half of the lowland league, whilst cove are already flying high on their debut season. I suspect many other clubs will disappear over the next years and won’t quickly return. Peterhead (and Clyde) will be doing well to keep themselves away from that.

Possibly thinking of relegation play- offs as well Was the East Fife one to go up or down & did we have one with Stenny that they beat us after finishing about 40pts behind us, anywat think Jims record in the play-offs stands  played? won 0.
Think that was when Montrose won the league by a point. Stenny finished about 21 points behind us but beat us in the playoffs. I hate Stenny.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

I suppose proving that someone was tapped up might be difficult with no evidence other than circumstantial, and if they've accepted a fee for him then it might be difficult to claim he was tapped up, but it doesn't seem right to me.

There's no doubt here that contact was made with McAllister before any bid or registration of interest with Peterhead, but this sort of stuff happens from the top of the game right down to the bottom and is muddied significantly when it comes to intermediaries and third parties being involved. Unless there is evidence of direct contact between Cove and McAllister without Peterhead being aware, it's simply somewhat unethical rather than illegal. There's no way of really stopping stuff like this, though, especially at lower levels of the game. He'd have ended up leaving anyway; Cove would have submitted a bid, McAllister presumably would have been made aware of it and then at that point he'd no doubt have wanted to leave.

I'm surprised he's put up with McInally's pish management for so long, tbh. It'll be interesting to see how he does at Cove, because his star does seem to be fading somewhat. Five figures and a big earner off the wage bill is a good deal for Peterhead, given he's been nowhere near his best this season.

7 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

There's no doubt here that contact was made with McAllister before any bid or registration of interest with Peterhead, but this sort of stuff happens from the top of the game right down to the bottom and is muddied significantly when it comes to intermediaries and third parties being involved. Unless there is evidence of direct contact between Cove and McAllister without Peterhead being aware, it's simply somewhat unethical rather than illegal. There's no way of really stopping stuff like this, though, especially at lower levels of the game. He'd have ended up leaving anyway; Cove would have submitted a bid, McAllister presumably would have been made aware of it and then at that point he'd no doubt have wanted to leave.

I'm surprised he's put up with McInally's pish management for so long, tbh. It'll be interesting to see how he does at Cove, because his star does seem to be fading somewhat. Five figures and a big earner off the wage bill is a good deal for Peterhead, given he's been nowhere near his best this season.

I think it's just rarely challenged because clubs can't be arsed with the hassle, but as the Ray McKinnon saga proved it can get messy when clubs do actually challenge it.

1 hour ago, connor2905 said:

Who are we thinking of replacing Rory with then? Need another out and out striker in pronto!

Answers on a postcard to office@peterhead. Maybe just have to give a mid-fielder the No9 shirt. I still think that if he can just break his duck Aiden Smith will with proper service get a few but for finding an off the shelf replacement don't think its very likely. The odd HFL games I have seen did not have anyone worth getting the cheque book out for. Possibly the best thing would be to look for a decent quality loan to see the season out & see whats available in the summer.

He's played for two clubs already this season, so he won't be signing for Peterhead.

59 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:

Bring Russell McLean home!

8 minutes ago, VillaKnollBoy said:

Please do emoji1.png

7 minutes ago, GableEnder21 said:
59 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:
Bring Russell McLean home!

You are absolutely welcome to him. He has just returned from his very unsuccessful loan at Forfar and he will now struggle to make our bench.