Peterhead 2019-20

7 hours ago, GableEnder21 said:

Rory hands in a transfer request.....wow. you boys have got to be worried about relegation now.

I can only speak for myself but, it doesnt really bother me if we get relegated.

Realistically  we are a club that will yo yo between league one , and league two.

Much like the rest of the part time clubs. 

11 hours ago, blueone said:

Understand that one director has gone and another very close to going if not already gone as well.

No official statement yet to be fair.

Did hear a couple weeks back that one director was looking to get out, depending on who it is this could have a huge effect on the running of the club. While disappointed about Rory wanting away think these developments could be linked. While an earlier poster said relegation would not bother him afraid accepting that would be the start of a downward spiral that would change the clubs profile quite a bit from what we have been used to.

Had heard through the rumour mill that new directors were taken in so that the chairman could take more of a backseat but they've been ruffling a few feathers throughout the club which may include the playing staff. Would be a shame if it's true, maybe struggling on the park but always been a well-run club behind the scenes

1 hour ago, peternapper said:

Did hear a couple weeks back that one director was looking to get out, depending on who it is this could have a huge effect on the running of the club. While disappointed about Rory wanting away think these developments could be linked. While an earlier poster said relegation would not bother him afraid accepting that would be the start of a downward spiral that would change the clubs profile quite a bit from what we have been used to.

We've already been promoted  to league one. We ended up back in league two . It hasn't made any discernible difference to the profile of PFC.

We are a lower league club. To be anything more needs monumental change to every aspect of the club. 

17 minutes ago, As Easterly as it gets! said:

We've already been promoted  to league one. We ended up back in league two . It hasn't made any discernible difference to the profile of PFC.

We are a lower league club. To be anything more needs monumental change to every aspect of the club. 

Seems a rather defeatist attitude one which I would hope not shared by anyone at the club, agree that it would take a major leap forward to go beyond League 1 even as a part time club as some others have managed.

6 minutes ago, peternapper said:

Seems a rather defeatist attitude one which I would hope not shared by anyone at the club, agree that it would take a major leap forward to go beyond League 1 even as a part time club as some others have managed.

I have to agree with Easterly as it gets and despite 20 seasons in the Scottish leagues we are still a yo-yo club and on recent showings look destined to be relegated once again. They are a well run club and look after their players, however, I feel that things are just a bit too "cosy" at Balmoor and it just seems to be steady as she goes until we hit an iceberg.  Maybe it is time for a change of direction with new ideas on the pitch as we have became so predictable - Barcelona sacked their manager this week and they were top of the league!!

Would willingly accept change if it moved the club forward by whatever it takes, would expect those on the board to do what they see as in the clubs best interests. Compared to quite a few clubs we have had some memorable occasions in our time in the league with a couple titles & national cup final which is more than many have in their history. Everything comes to an end eventually but ideally should be done before being forced into a lose, lose situation. Would Elgin supporters resign themselves to never getting out of League 2 simply because there would be a chance of relegation. 

2 hours ago, peternapper said:

Would willingly accept change if it moved the club forward by whatever it takes, would expect those on the board to do what they see as in the clubs best interests. Compared to quite a few clubs we have had some memorable occasions in our time in the league with a couple titles & national cup final which is more than many have in their history. Everything comes to an end eventually but ideally should be done before being forced into a lose, lose situation. Would Elgin supporters resign themselves to never getting out of League 2 simply because there would be a chance of relegation. 

Forget Elgin.

If you want comparisons look at Ross County and ICT.

Through the league set up and winners of National trophies.

We've been in the leagues 20 years and had one chance at the Play off in league one.

We have become the very thing the two highland clubs have avoided. Another club stringing along in the lower reaches of the SPFL.

Nobody else seem to think there must have been an element of "tapping up" going on here?  McAllister hands in a transfer request and within, what, 12 hours, he's signed up with Cove? Sounds to me like someone at Cove (or loosely involved with them) has informed Rory of their interest and what he might receive, which has prompted him to hand in a transfer request.

I concede I have no knowledge of what's gone on and perhaps Peterhead are happy to let this go through as they're getting a fee and a big wage out the budget, just seems a bit weird that (a) he'd hand in a request and (b) have a lucrative deal already sewn up within hours.

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

Nobody else seem to think there must have been an element of "tapping up" going on here?  McAllister hands in a transfer request and within, what, 12 hours, he's signed up with Cove? Sounds to me like someone at Cove (or loosely involved with them) has informed Rory of their interest and what he might receive, which has prompted him to hand in a transfer request.

I concede I have no knowledge of what's gone on and perhaps Peterhead are happy to let this go through as they're getting a fee and a big wage out the budget, just seems a bit weird that (a) he'd hand in a request and (b) have a lucrative deal already sewn up within hours.

It will be pretty much as you say, though if he has someone looking after his affairs(an agent in other words) then he'll know what was on offer.

The word here is they've offered him the amount it takes to pay off a mortgage.......

Not sure if PFC are happy to let him go, but if what we both think has happened, has in fact happened,then it's pointless trying to keep him.

He would be due a testimonial soon, so CR must've come up with the splonders.

Apparently Hartley tried to sign him twice when he was manager at Dundee. I hope he realises that the player he signed today is that bit older and has some problems now.

Not that I care.

A wee bit surprized there was no mention of a medical as for over a year it was said that Rory would need an op on his ankle, for a while now Rory has not been starting games & been coming off the bench presumably because of his ankle or could he have been showing Jim signs of itchy feet so put on the bench for a few weeks.

16 minutes ago, As Easterly as it gets! said:

It will be pretty much as you say, though if he has someone looking after his affairs(an agent in other words) then he'll know what was on offer.

The word here is they've offered him the amount it takes to pay off a mortgage.......

Not sure if PFC are happy to let him go, but if what we both think has happened, has in fact happened,then it's pointless trying to keep him.

He would be due a testimonial soon, so CR must've come up with the splonders.

Apparently Hartley tried to sign him twice when he was manager at Dundee. I hope he realises that the player he signed today is that bit older and has some problems now.

Not that I care.

yeah, probably all agreed weeks ago.

money talks, and who can blame him.