Peterhead 2019-20

On 22/06/2019 at 14:13, airdrieman said:

I see Jonathan Page is training with yourselves and McInally seems keen to sign him. 

TBH I thought he looked 'done' when he played for us. Don't know if he was carrying an injury(ies), if it was just his general fitness, training and playing on a plastic pitch or a combination of things but he genuinely looked physically incapable of playing a game of football at times. Someone on our fans' Facebook group said Page has said this himself but I've no idea the veracity of that statement. Murray hunted him out the team quickly and he wasn't even making the bench for probably most games after Christmas. And when he did he never came on. He'd still warm up with the team and he genuinely looked like a sad puppy at times. It was a wee shame. I didn't think he was very good when I saw him play for Dunfermline but he seemed to do well for himself at East Fife and came from there with a good reputation. Nothing against the guy and I hope he can get himself back on track but as others have said I'd be very glad to get him off the wage bill and totally remove the fear of him ever having to wear the diamond again.

Meh.

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/sport/football/scottish-football/peterhead-offer-page-contract/

15 minutes ago, Emfaefifeyahoorsur said:

Rumour has it that Willie Gibson has been released. Can anyone confirm this ?

He's got another year left on his contract so unlikely, unless there's been a massive bust up (knowing Willie that is quite possible).

Even if true, the club would transfer list him rather than buying out his contract surely.

On 20/06/2019 at 11:20, strichener said:

It would appear that we are taking the same old McInally path.  Keep the team that got you promotion and hope they are good enough to keep you up.  Didn't work out well the last time and I expect it won't this time.

I would have been happy to see us replace players such as Willis with someone who has recent experience of playing in League 1 or above.  Signing a couple of players from a team that finished well below us in the league does not instill confidence.

Be interesting to see what happens with Ferry this year given that around 1/3rd of our games are going to be on plastic.

It worked out okay for Montrose, the Directors kept the heed and didn’t go out with their budget, we lost 2 of our best players, but they are back for next season. Brechin fekk ed it up big time.

I like to see Peterhead get on okay, they were unlucky to go down. 

Theres not much difference between the top 4 of league 2 and the bottom half of league 1

1 hour ago, Blootoon87 said:

That's Shane Sutherland signed up at Elgin again.

don't know if we have lost out much cash wise on the deal but in reality he had to be moved on as he would have affected the dressing room. Can be a good player but should count himself very lucky to get yet another chance at Elgin hopefully he can knuckle down & get on with playing.

4 hours ago, airdrieman said:

Page still seems keen to come to Peterhead. I assume there is a disagreement over money and/or a potential pay off as the club have made it clear they've no interest in keeping him on. https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/airdrieonians-defender-hits-out-diamonds-17369414

Doubtful if there's a place in the squad for him now. We have four players who can play central defence and are pretty well covered at the back.

We've also now signed Gary Fraser (ex Cowdenbeath) and supposedly signing Ben Armour (ex Morton / Dumbarton). Both played in the friendly against Aberdeen.

Edited by blueone

Doubtful if there's a place in the squad for him now. We have four players who can play central defence and are pretty well covered at the back.
We've also now signed Gary Fraser (ex Cowdenbeath) and supposedly signing Ben Armour (ex Morton / Dumbarton). Both played in the friendly against Aberdeen.
Yip got offered a contract then never got back to jim so doubt this is happening

On our own website https://www.singwhenwerefishing.com/ we run a predictor league based on Peterhead results and final league table positions.  The participation has been declining over the last few years to the point where I am not sure that it is worth continuing with it.

If any Peterhead fans want to take part then register on the website and go to the predictor sub forum and let me know.

There are no prizes or rewards for taking part, you do however get bragging rights over your fellow fans.

Take a look at the rules etc. and if you want to take part then I look forward to welcoming your participation.

9 hours ago, PortyMo said:

We still have our receipt for Russell McLean.
Can we get a full refund please ?

He certainly split opinion with us as well, initially was terrible but gradually began to improve & win some over. Seems to be a bit of a loner with attitude.  Think at the time of Sutherland coming back & playing Rusty maybe thought his chances would be limited so wanted away, personally thought he would have been worth keeping.

10 hours ago, PortyMo said:

We still have our receipt for Russell McLean.
Can we get a full refund please ?

Pretty sure we put a No Returns clause in the deal. 😉

Threw a strop when we signed Sutherland and demanded away. Ended up costing him a league winners medal.

Ironically, given Sutherland's behaviour in throwing a similar strop, McLean could still be with us.

They seem to be two of a kind so we're better off without either of them.