Peterhead 2019-20

Guest TOPFITTER
Enjoy the Wee British Legion Club pre-match, the biggest difference last time we shared a League was an experienced centre-half who could motivate and drive his team on by example, (no nonsense defending and being able to coach them) !!! The arrival of Big Mick Dunlop steadied the Good Ship Peterheid allowing the team to gain crucial points !!!! he could have saved a whole lot of disappointment had he been at Balmoor a year earlier.
Looking forward to seeing Wee Nicky's renaissance surely Berwick’s (thanks Peternapper) demise is Karma given their fans disgusting taunts that night.

Scott Brown staying on for next season! Feels like a new signing as we expected to lose him, buzzing that we’ve been able to keep him. He is so important to our midfield and hopefully he can continue his form from last season.

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/sport/football/scottish-football/scott-stays-at-blue-toon-for-another-campaign/

It would appear that we are taking the same old McInally path.  Keep the team that got you promotion and hope they are good enough to keep you up.  Didn't work out well the last time and I expect it won't this time.

I would have been happy to see us replace players such as Willis with someone who has recent experience of playing in League 1 or above.  Signing a couple of players from a team that finished well below us in the league does not instill confidence.

Be interesting to see what happens with Ferry this year given that around 1/3rd of our games are going to be on plastic.

On 18/06/2019 at 17:13, peternapper said:

Yes a bonus keeping Scott can hopefully continue to improve & maybe chip in the odd goal. Also good to hear appreciation for how players are looked after by the club

Scott happy to stay at Peterhead.

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/sport/football/scottish-football/brown-staying-at-blue-toon-with-feelgood-factor-so-vital/

Not sure if he is going to be involved in pre-season or not but was said he did not want to stay & if that is his attitude best to move him on without involving the other players, don't suppose he would be refusing to turn up as that could possibly mean no wages. Best to cut our losses & hope he get an offer from someone. Good player on his day but gas had his chances & needs to sort his head out.

I see Jonathan Page is training with yourselves and McInally seems keen to sign him. 

TBH I thought he looked 'done' when he played for us. Don't know if he was carrying an injury(ies), if it was just his general fitness, training and playing on a plastic pitch or a combination of things but he genuinely looked physically incapable of playing a game of football at times. Someone on our fans' Facebook group said Page has said this himself but I've no idea the veracity of that statement. Murray hunted him out the team quickly and he wasn't even making the bench for probably most games after Christmas. And when he did he never came on. He'd still warm up with the team and he genuinely looked like a sad puppy at times. It was a wee shame. I didn't think he was very good when I saw him play for Dunfermline but he seemed to do well for himself at East Fife and came from there with a good reputation. Nothing against the guy and I hope he can get himself back on track but as others have said I'd be very glad to get him off the wage bill and totally remove the fear of him ever having to wear the diamond again.