jagfox99

2019/2020 Championship Predictor

2 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Could you make at a little longer Dunning1874?

Probably.

1. Dundee United
2. ICT
3. Dundee
4. Dunfermline
5. Partick Thistle
6. Ayr
7. Morton
8. QotS
9. Arbroath
10. Alloa

Arguing with myself whether I think Alloa or Arbroath will finish bottom. Decided on Alloa as I expect the usual good start from Arbroath still on that wave of positivity and Alloa still finding their feet with Peter Grant.

Hopefully it's an open race right with 3 or 4 in it going into April, I don't think any team is stand out at this stage. Might come down to who identifies what they need and recruits the best in January.

Dundee United have got a pretty good squad on paper but their manager having no idea how to get the best out of them will be a leveller. They’ll probably win the league once they sack Neilson after a month or so.

None of the other squads are that impressive though. In fact some of them look utter dogshit on paper. ICT have the best manager in the league imo and have kept most of the same squad as last season albeit they’ve lost Polworth but replaced him with Keatings who I think is a good signing.

I think the likes of Dundee, Dunfermline and Partick will push for the remaining 2 play off spots whilst us and Morton will probably have relatively unspectacular seasons but be solid enough to hang about 6th and 7th.

Queens have Dobbie which gives them an advantage but as usual they’re scrambling around trying to find half decent players to fill out the rest of their squad. Semple, McCrorie and Holt are decent signings but they’ve lost a lot of creativity with Dykes and Todd gone. Alloa and Arbroath will probably be their main rivals in a relegation fight with Alloa finishing bottom after Grant makes a complete arse of it.

1 hour ago, Estragon IS NOT a fud said:

Why is everyone backing Partick for a play-off spot?

Almost certainly the third highest budget in the league, which should theoretically lead to a competitive side. Plus once Caldwell got his own players in, we were one of the better teams in the league in the second half of the season. The turnaround in form didn't completely excuse the disaster of a first two months he had in charge, but it has given a bit more reason for optimism.

I actually still don't really know what to make of us under Caldwell yet. His signings have mainly been pretty good, but the team doesn't seem to have an identity (formation and style of play seem to vary game-to-game) and the defence looks highly suspect. But even still, I'd have us making top four as we should probably be quite similar to how we were post-Christmas last season, which was a top four side in terms of form. Additionally, others look weaker than last year (Dunfermline and Morton cutting their budgets, Ayr and ICT losing key players).

3 hours ago, Nightmare said:

, others look weaker than last year (Dunfermline and Morton cutting their budgets, Ayr and ICT losing key players).

We improved our budget from the season previous to that, didn't mean we looked stronger. 

There's a better balance to our squad now than last, and with a better dressing room I'd hope we wouldn't be worrying about relegation. 

With regards to Thistle they seem pretty weak at fullback, Robson and Williamson are good going forward but they're both defensively pretty rancid, need some pretty strong centre backs to help them out. I'd still have them down for the playoffs, don't think Caldwell is as bad as he's made out to be. 

1.Dundee

2.Dundee Utd

3.Dunfermline

4. ICT

5 Partick

6 Morton

7 QOS

8 Ayr

9 Alloa

10 Arbroath

Edited by Jack Bauer

1. Dundee United (don’t think they’ll play anywhere close to their potential but their squad is the best in the league by a distance)

2. Inverness

3. Dundee

4. Thistle

5. Dunfermline

6. Morton

7. Queens

8. Ayr

9. Alloa

10. Arbroath

Dundee Utd should be winning it quite comfortable with the squad they’ve got - even though Neilson likely won’t have a clue how to get the best out of them. Inverness should benefit from consistency so I think they’ll be up there, as Dundee should be too but McPake is an unknown so it’s hard to call.

Thistle and Dunfermline have made some good signings however their managers are unproven/dumplings/both so I don’t think there’ll be a title challenge there.

Felt like I could have put 6-10 in any order really. After today’s debacle I was tempted to put Ayr bottom but I decided to restrain myself.

All in all I don’t think there’s going to be many great teams. Looks set to be another wonderful season of everyone trying to out-shit one another.

With regards to Thistle they seem pretty weak at fullback, Robson and Williamson are good going forward but they're both defensively pretty rancid, need some pretty strong centre backs to help them out. I'd still have them down for the playoffs, don't think Caldwell is as bad as he's made out to be. 

Whilst I agree with your assessment of Williamson and Robson, only one of them is likely to be a regular starter with Penrice a shoe in at left back so if Robson is playing he'll be further forward. Add in virtually all the fans seem to be in agreement that we still need a right sided defender Williamson should have competition there. I would be delighted to be wrong but I can't see us being anymore than challenging for 3rd or 4th unless we sign a 15+ goal striker

Based on yesterday's second half.

1. These.

2. Things.

3. Are.

4. Pointless.

5. Before. 

6. A.

7. Ball. 

8. Is.

9. Kicked.

10. Ayr United.

Based on yesterday's second half.
1. These.
2. Things.
3. Are.
4. Pointless.
5. Before. 
6. A.
7. Ball. 
8. Is.
9. Kicked.
10. Ayr United.

Hilarious mate

Dundee

Dundee United

Partick

Inverness

Morton

Dunfermline

Ayr

Queen of the South

Alloa

Arbroath

Don't think there's a standout side in the division right now, but clubs that can afford to push the boat out again in the January transfer window will likely finish towards the top, hence that top three. Think the destination of the title will depend on how long Neilson gets at Tannadice: that squad doesn't look even remotely the sum of its parts under his current tactics; if they keep him on for the season then I expect them to flop again. Inverness were a well-managed side last season and seem to have had a bit more stability this summer, so have an edge over the usual stack of play-off contenders. Dick 'dick' Campbell's football typically gets found out at this level, so I'm expecting Arbroath to fall away once the promotion bounce wears off.

As for ourselves, I don't think a play-off spot is out of the question, but we'll need to either do very well in the loan market or get very fortunate with injuries: there's currently nowhere near enough squad depth to do so over an entire campaign. We'll be awkward for most teams to play against and will dish out and be on the receiving end of quite a few pumpings: it'll certainly be far more entertaining to watch every week than the tedious, shite 'football philosophy' embraced by that tit Johansson. Improving on last season's points total by a fair amount and a cup run or two would be a decent first season for Hopkin. 

Edited by vikingTON

Dundee
Dundee Utd
Inverness
Partick Thistle
Dunfermline
Morton
QoS
Ayr
Arbroath
Alloa

Going for the title to head to the dark blue side of Dundee, been more impressed with their signings to date and I've no doubt there's more to come, although a relatively small squad (as is) and an inexperienced manager could obviously go the other way very quickly. Haven't seen enough in us yet to edge us above Inverness, at least one defender and a couple of attacking options needed.  If I was hot-taking it I'd have put Ayr bottom as I think that's an option if things get off to a bad start, but I think it's more realistic the two part time teams finish bottom with Alloa succumbing to a mix of second season syndrome and Peter Grant.

I'll do my "wisdom of the crowds" post next Saturday morning but I don't think there'll be anything as glorious as the mass hubris of the Falkirk fans last year.

Edited by Fuctifano

Bet365 prediction based on odds:- 

1. Dundee United (9/4)
  2. Dundee (7/2)
  3. Partick Thistle (9/2)
  4. Inverness Caledonian Thistle (11/2)
  5. Ayr United (9/1)
  6. Dunfermline Athletic (10/1)
  7. Greenock Morton (20/1)
  8. Queen of the South (25/1)
  9. Arbroath (40/1)
  10. Alloa Athletic (66/1)

Looking like a very tight league next season. 

steve carell laughing GIF

I'm sorry, I just read somebody calling John Robertson "the best manager in the league". 

200.gif&key=8276e670ba0720e4552834b863246116c3e5cd28e1bff946e512db9b95d62525
I'm sorry, I just read somebody calling John Robertson "the best manager in the league". 
I have to admit, if I could pick on manager for Queens from the division I'd take Robertson.

I have to admit, if I could pick on manager for Queens from the division I'd take Robertson.
Jeezo. I couldn't stand to watch that type of football on a regular basis.

It's effective but by God it's ugly.

Jeezo. I couldn't stand to watch that type of football on a regular basis.

It's effective but by God it's ugly.
We've had two years of ugly and ineffective under Naysmith. I'd give my left bollock for ugly and effective!

There’s a few contenders for best manager in the league and Robbo is definitely one of them. Half of this league is filled with absolute haddy managers.