• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
jagfox99

2019/2020 Championship Predictor

2 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

We had to rely on him because Naysmith didn't sign a capable 2nd striker who could maybe chip in with a double figure of goals over the season. Hopefully Alan Johnston is able to address that.  

Back at the end of January Queen of the South fans were both raving about that donkey Lyndon Dykes and wanted to hand Naysmith a contract extension as well - now it's suddenly all their fault that you were pish. Reckon I'll be burying this rather convenient about-face under a shovel load of salt then.

Is Dykes the lanky one with bleached hair?  He's awful.

48 minutes ago, virginton said:

Back at the end of January Queen of the South fans were both raving about that donkey Lyndon Dykes and wanted to hand Naysmith a contract extension as well - now it's suddenly all their fault that you were pish. Reckon I'll be burying this rather convenient about-face under a shovel load of salt then.

At the end of January we were still sitting in a reasonably safe position so talk of extending Naysmith's contract wasn't that daft a shout.  It was after that,  following the failure of his January recruitments and seemingly changing to more negative tactics  that things went tits up.  As for Dykes,  he was rarely used as an out and out striker in a pairing up front with Dobbie. Naysmith often used Dobbie as lone striker up front with Dykes playing deeper. Having said that his goal contribution,  until the play-offs at least,  was piss poor as he seemed to lose confidence in front of goal.  

43 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Is Dykes the lanky one with bleached hair?  He's awful.

He started every game in the season just finished  iirc so the Naysmith (and Johnston)  must have rated him. As stated above his goal tally was poor but he was probably the top in assists for Dobbie's goals so brought a lot to the team in that respect.  He was a much improved player in workrate and attitude from the season before which the settling down of some off-field issues may have contributed to.  He signed by Livingston in January and was loaned back til the end of the season so others must see something in him also. 

Queens fans were frothing at the gash over Naysmith's January recruits as well. The record shows that your fanbase have displayed absolutely terrible judgment at every turn, so this week's brand new analysis should be safely filed in the bin where it belongs. 

I like Dykes but he’s an awful striker. He’s good for Dobbie as his size means he can win high balls and his good at the odd flick on but you’ll get maybe 4 or 5 goals a season from him.

4 hours ago, edinburgharab said:

Dundee Utd (7th time lucky!)

FTFY. 

Dundee United

Caley Thistle

Partick Thistle

Dundee

Ayr United

Morton

Queen Of The South

Dunfermline

Alloa

Arbroath

#banter aside,  are Dundee fans expecting to challenge for the title? McPake is an unknown quantity as gaffer and he's got a lot of recruitment to do. It's a tall order and I think they'll do well to make the play-offs. United and the two Thistles will benefit from a bit of continuity 

IMO

Hoping to challenge for the title, not expecting. With the number of new players we’ll have, lots of planets will need to align for us to win the league. I think most Dees are expecting a play-off place. Not unreasonable IMO.

Loosely based on Random Guys' fail prediction fail. For example picked Ayr previous season for bottom this year predicted Arbroath therefore Arbroath will finish 4th etc... Top 4 could quite easily be the bottom 4 in many people's eyes. A real prediction might favour Partick Th a lot more. Going to be a tough league which Dundee Utd might not have it all their own way. Don't see Dundee winning this unless they find the right blend of player very quickly. I think Arbroath and Dick Campbell will be a surprise in this league, maybe not the lofty hights of 4th but they might just do what Alloa did last season. Agree about Morton they will be a relevant factor this season.

1/ Dundee

2/ Ayr Utd

3/ Alloa Ath

4/ Arbroath

5/ Dundee Utd

6/ Morton

7/ Partick Th

8/ Dunfermline Ath

9/ Queen of the South

10/ Inverness CT (Yeah, we're fooked)

Loosely based on Random Guys' fail prediction fail. For example picked Ayr previous season for bottom this year predicted Arbroath therefore Arbroath will finish 4th etc... Top 4 could quite easily be the bottom 4 in many people's eyes. A real prediction might favour Partick Th a lot more. Going to be a tough league which Dundee Utd might not have it all their own way. Don't see Dundee winning this unless they find the right blend of player very quickly. I think Arbroath and Dick Campbell will be a surprise in this league, maybe not the lofty hights of 4th but they might just do what Alloa did last season. Agree about Morton they will be a relevant factor this season.
1/ Dundee
2/ Ayr Utd
3/ Alloa Ath
4/ Arbroath
5/ Dundee Utd
6/ Morton
7/ Partick Th
8/ Dunfermline Ath
9/ Queen of the South
10/ Inverness CT (Yeah, we're fooked)

Why do you think you’ll finish bottom?

Inverness obviously won’t be bottom but they’re definitely not locks for top 4 like a lot of people think. The loss of Polworth is a big one, and we may well lose Donaldson too. Sean Welsh is our best player but we don’t know how much he’ll be able to play either. Add that to the further budget cuts for the third year running at Inverness and we’re certainly not guaranteed anything. I trust Robbo will get the best out of our team again and push for top4, but we could easily be outside it. The one thing that will help us is that I can’t think of 4 teams that look (so far) to be much better than us.

2 minutes ago, Girth said:

Why do you think you’ll finish bottom?

Because RG predicted Falkirk to finish 3rd last season, we finished third so we are cursed this season.

We won't, I trust Robbo will sign better or the same quality as the players who have left so we might be looking at Dunfermline or QOTS. Jim Goodwin has done a great job at Alloa but if he moves on to bigger things during the season they could lose direction and they are a bit of a yo yo club. TBH I don't really know this early it looks like an even tighter league than last season. I wouldn't even predict Dundee Utd strolling this league.

1 minute ago, Tarmo Kink said:

Inverness obviously won’t be bottom but they’re definitely not locks for top 4 like a lot of people think. The loss of Polworth is a big one, and we may well lose Donaldson too. Sean Welsh is our best player but we don’t know how much he’ll be able to play either. Add that to the further budget cuts for the third year running at Inverness and we’re certainly not guaranteed anything. I trust Robbo will get the best out of our team again and push for top4, but we could easily be outside it. The one thing that will help us is that I can’t think of 4 teams that look (so far) to be much better than us.

At best we should be around where we finished last season, all depends if Robbo finds a couple of gems this summer, if not its possible mid table for us.

1- Dundee Utd
2- Dundee
3- Partick Thistle
4- Inverness
5- Dunfermline
6- Ayr
7- QoS
8- Arbroath
9- Morton
10- Alloa

Given at how much of an unknown quantity we are (this team hasn’t played a match yet) I cannot pin us down so am going...
1 Inverness or Dunfermline Athletic
2 Dundee or Dunfermline Athletic
3 Dundee United or Dunfermline Athletic
4 QoS or Dunfermline Athletic
5 Morton or Dunfermline Athletic
6 Ayr or Dunfermline Athletic
7 Dunfermline Athletic or Ayr
8 Partick Thistle or Dunfermline Athletic
9 Alloa or Dunfermline Athletic
10 Arbroath or Dunfermline Athletic

On 12/06/2019 at 10:11, Daydream said:

Hoping to challenge for the title, not expecting. With the number of new players we’ll have, lots of planets will need to align for us to win the league. I think most Dees are expecting a play-off place. Not unreasonable IMO.

I'm sure you'll get past Raith Rovers if you do end up in the play-off place. They would have to improve significantly. QoS weren't really tested last season.