2019/2020 Championship Predictor

One of your fans went to the Premiership forum, solely to post "1-11: Anyone, 12: St Johnstone" purely because I dared to put Arbroath bottom of the league in my prediction...

[emoji23]

Unreal. I take back what I said then.

There's a wee man syndrome at every club to some extent.

We'll be in the bottom half I think, but given how utterly shite we were and finished 5th, then I could be very wrong. I'm thinking 7th or 8th.

I think Dundee United will win the league. I also think Dundee will be comfortably in the playoffs, probably 2nd place. I think Partick will be around our spot unless they dump Caldwell early. Arbroath will be battling at the bottom. They COULD exceed expectations and finish much higher though, given teams are cutting their cloth a bit, and reduces the gap in standard a bit. But I'm settling for bottom two. Same goes for Alloa.

Not much to say about the rest.

On ‎31‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 08:39, TheScarf said:

Dundee apparently have the league won with their 7 signed players signed up for next season,  despite United and ICT having settled, experienced teams at this level.  Thus:

Dundee by fucking miles

United

ICT

Thistle

Ayr

Morton

Dunfermline

Arbroath

QOTS

Alloa

Settled but shite

Not really any point predicting a table yet, but on Arbroath. Every single year most people predict a part-time side to finish bottom and there are several examples of clubs surviving ahead of full time clubs to make a mockery of fans who dismissed them as a Brechin level joke outfit.

However it’s perfectly logical to asssume part-time clubs will be towards the bottom of the table. Anyone who predicts a side will ‘do a Brechin’ clearly doesn’t appreciate how unprecedentedly terrible Brechin were, and perhaps in a year where full-time clubs are weak (which next season could be with the amount of cuts going on while most of the division was already abysmal last season) another club could even do a Dumbarton 13/14 and finish top half while seriously challenging for the playoffs. The fact is though that the vast majority of the time part-time clubs do find themselves battling relegation and that’s why 8th is seen as success for any of them.

You could argue that coming up as champions by a mile Arbroath are more comparable to some full-timers who’ve established themselves comfortably after winning League One than they are to third or fourth placed sides who’ve been miles off the title then squeezed through the playoffs, but we’ve also seen comfortable title winners go straight back down with less than 20 points before. Also, while Arbroath fans loving him is completely understandable and he’s obviously done a tremendous job,  Campbell doesn’t have a good record at this level.

Brechin were so shit they got relegated again.  It can't be underestimated how unprepared they were for the Championship.  Showing the fundamental flaw of the play offs.  Allowing the chance for 4th out of a 10 team league to gain promotion is ridiculous.

Arbroath fans, you're in the Championship on merit but underestimate it at your peril. It's a league that has the power to turn previously 'good' teams and players into unknown levels of mediocrity 

Hope you do well but got a feeling you might need a bit of a thicker skin for the road ahead, as will most pars fans!

20 minutes ago, Girth said:

I think Arbroath will be Top 4 in all honesty...

Seriously, great wee club but 11th or 12th is the best you’ll get.

Image result for what? gif

8 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Ffs. Steaming or on the wind up?

Our history is actually pretty shite, we have only won 3 trophies and they've all been in the last 10 year.

Fan wise we are probably the best or close to the best PT wise but this league is full of clubs with big supports. United, Dundee, Thistle and Dunfermline all have huge fan bases we are miles away. Morton, Inverness, Qots and Ayr similar to Raith who averaged 1600 last season in comparison to our thousand.

DC record in championship isn't actually very good. All for being optimistic but just saying cliched sound bites is only going to come back and bite you on the arse at the end of the season.

Lol sorry fellow red lichtie, just feeling confident for next season and get a bit of banter going with the other guys on here who are clearly writing us off before it starts, we won’t be any pushovers that’s for sure and am sure we will give a real good account of ourselves and shock quite a few teams 

40 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

However it’s perfectly logical to asssume part-time clubs will be towards the bottom of the table. Anyone who predicts a side will ‘do a Brechin’ clearly doesn’t appreciate how unprecedentedly terrible Brechin 

Can we now use the term "do a Falkirk" when a full time team, blessed with early season optimism, a healthy budget and decent fanbase, manages to get relegated without the aid of any sort of points deduction or off-field calamity? 

4 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Can we now use the term "do a Falkirk" when a full time team, blessed with early season optimism, a healthy budget and decent fanbase, manages to get relegated without the aid of any sort of points deduction or off-field calamity? 

Yes.

For example: I can see the Pars DAF (Doing A Falkirk) this season. 

Just now, DAFC. said:

Yes.

For example: I can see the Pars DAF (Doing A Falkirk) this season. 

DAF step one. Manager to say what a bunch of wasters the bulk of the squad were. Step two. Punt them all. Even ones under contract. Step three. Sign a load of children from England. 

Craw might as well just go for it. We don’t have the money to only sign wasters who once played for AJ at Queens or Killie. What’s the worst that can happen? 

3 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

DAF step one. Manager to say what a bunch of wasters the bulk of the squad were. Step two. Punt them all. Even ones under contract. Step three. Sign a load of children from England. 

Craw might as well just go for it. We don’t have the money to only sign wasters who once played for AJ at Queens or Killie. What’s the worst that can happen? 

Get relegated would be my guess. 

4 hours ago, 36-0 Maroon said:

Lol sorry fellow red lichtie, just feeling confident for next season and get a bit of banter going with the other guys on here who are clearly writing us off before it starts, we won’t be any pushovers that’s for sure and am sure we will give a real good account of ourselves and shock quite a few teams 

Oh great, another bunch of permadiddies with a massive chip on their shoulder to join Alloa's rolling sense of village club injustice. 

Related image