Partick

Inverness

Morton

Dunfermline

Ayr

Queen of the South

Alloa

Arbroath

Don't think there's a standout side in the division right now, but clubs that can afford to push the boat out again in the January transfer window will likely finish towards the top, hence that top three. Think the destination of the title will depend on how long Neilson gets at Tannadice: that squad doesn't look even remotely the sum of its parts under his current tactics; if they keep him on for the season then I expect them to flop again. Inverness were a well-managed side last season and seem to have had a bit more stability this summer, so have an edge over the usual stack of play-off contenders. Dick 'dick' Campbell's football typically gets found out at this level, so I'm expecting Arbroath to fall away once the promotion bounce wears off.

As for ourselves, I don't think a play-off spot is out of the question, but we'll need to either do very well in the loan market or get very fortunate with injuries: there's currently nowhere near enough squad depth to do so over an entire campaign. We'll be awkward for most teams to play against and will dish out and be on the receiving end of quite a few pumpings: it'll certainly be far more entertaining to watch every week than the tedious, shite 'football philosophy' embraced by that tit Johansson. Improving on last season's points total by a fair amount and a cup run or two would be a decent first season for Hopkin. 

Edited by vikingTON

Dundee
Dundee Utd
Inverness
Partick Thistle
Dunfermline
Morton
QoS
Ayr
Arbroath
Alloa

Going for the title to head to the dark blue side of Dundee, been more impressed with their signings to date and I've no doubt there's more to come, although a relatively small squad (as is) and an inexperienced manager could obviously go the other way very quickly. Haven't seen enough in us yet to edge us above Inverness, at least one defender and a couple of attacking options needed.  If I was hot-taking it I'd have put Ayr bottom as I think that's an option if things get off to a bad start, but I think it's more realistic the two part time teams finish bottom with Alloa succumbing to a mix of second season syndrome and Peter Grant.

I'll do my "wisdom of the crowds" post next Saturday morning but I don't think there'll be anything as glorious as the mass hubris of the Falkirk fans last year.

Edited by Fuctifano

Bet365 prediction based on odds:- 

1. Dundee United (9/4)
  2. Dundee (7/2)
  3. Partick Thistle (9/2)
  4. Inverness Caledonian Thistle (11/2)
  5. Ayr United (9/1)
  6. Dunfermline Athletic (10/1)
  7. Greenock Morton (20/1)
  8. Queen of the South (25/1)
  9. Arbroath (40/1)
  10. Alloa Athletic (66/1)

Looking like a very tight league next season. 

Jeezo. I couldn't stand to watch that type of football on a regular basis.

It's effective but by God it's ugly.
We've had two years of ugly and ineffective under Naysmith. I'd give my left bollock for ugly and effective!

11 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Jeezo. I couldn't stand to watch that type of football on a regular basis.

It's effective but by God it's ugly.

Whereas I'm sure you loved McCalls scintillating brand of football in the second half of last season and the playoffs? 

ICT are actually fairly shite IMO.  Once Keatings loses a bit of timber we may improve a bit.  And Robbo stops playing Trafford.

Whereas I'm sure you loved McCalls scintillating brand of football in the second half of last season and the playoffs? 

We tried to play football (mostly) - but it was very ineffective. That happens sometimes.

Away to ICT in our last game we were playing all the football and I was extremely proud - despite going out.