2019/2020 Championship Predictor

No idea why anyone is putting Morton in the top half right now as our squad is rancid, although thankfully far from complete. Unless there is a serious upgrade in the quality of signings soon then we'll struggle to be 8th IMO. 

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

I'm not trying to be a dick I think think you're comment about him 'getting a game for any club in the league' is a bit off.  He wouldn't IMO, and I'm sure in at least Roberston's and Neilson's opinion too, and probably other managers in the league.

Queen of the South fans always claim that they've got some of the best players (and often manager as well) in the league between June and the clocks going back. By the end of every winter, they want them all emptied again for being rubbish with the exception of Dobbie. It's the Scouse boom-bust cycle of the Scottish Championship. 

7 minutes ago, virginton said:

No idea why anyone is putting Morton in the top half right now as our squad is rancid, although thankfully far from complete. Unless there is a serious upgrade in the quality of signings soon then we'll struggle to be 8th IMO. 

I suppose it's all to do with the manager and what he did with Livi. 

Queen of the South fans always claim that they've got some of the best players (and often manager as well) in the league between June and the clocks going back. By the end of every winter, they want them all emptied again for being rubbish with the exception of Dobbie. It's the Scouse boom-bust cycle of the Scottish Championship. 
I can't think of a single manager we've had that anyone would claim is the best in the division.

23 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
23 hours ago, virginton said:

I can't think of a single manager we've had that anyone would claim is the best in the division.

Me neither, although there was a post in January suggesting we should move heaven and earth to tie him down to a long contract, such was his genius.

On 30/06/2019 at 22:26, 19QOS19 said:

We are certainly lacking at the moment but Holt would get a game at any side in this division.

Lol.

If Marshall proves to be worse than Holt then we'd be better off with Cammy Kerr at LB than Holt.

Lol.
If Marshall proves to be worse than Holt then we'd be better off with Cammy Kerr at LB than Holt.
Holt's a better player so if you didn't like him prepare to be disappointed with Marshall.

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:
5 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:
Lol.

Holt's a better player so if you didn't like him prepare to be disappointed with Marshall.

f**k sake. Kevin Holt was the Dundee fan's favourite boo boy. Marshall is gonna have fun.

Dundee United

Partick Thistle

Dundee

Morton

ICT

Dunfermline 

Queen Of The South

Ayr

Alloa

Arbroath

Reckon United will finally click, Partick have a good team on paper. Morton have a great manager as do ICT. I’m not sure about Dundee, they look quite weak on paper in certain areas and will rely on Byrne and others also McPake could be awful.

Pretty sure that will be the top four though.

From fourth to eighth it could be tight, reckon Alloa and Ayr will fall away and Arbroath will be stubborn to break down but finish bottom.

No idea how Dunfermline will do, hope we don’t Falkirk it. Lots of unknowns.

10 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Dundee United

Partick Thistle

Dundee

Morton

ICT

Dunfermline 

Queen Of The South

Ayr

Alloa

Arbroath

Reckon United will finally click, Partick have a good team on paper. Morton have a great manager as do ICT. I’m not sure about Dundee, they look quite weak on paper in certain areas and will rely on Byrne and others also McPake could be awful.

Pretty sure that will be the top four though.

From fourth to eighth it could be tight, reckon Alloa and Ayr will fall away and Arbroath will be stubborn to break down but finish bottom.

No idea how Dunfermline will do, hope we don’t Falkirk it. Lots of unknowns.

I really don't know where Morton could end up until we see the assembled defence.

We have at last players in wide areas and more options up front than we did last season.

Midfield seems strong enough if a little lacking in creative players.

Hoppy is a good manager, but you can only work with what you've got and we have some unknowns in our squad who could turn out to be decent or duds.

Hard to tell at this stage...…... 

Yeah, there’s a lot of people putting Morton in or around the top half based on Hopkin’s record with Livingston, but while he did a brilliant job there and we couldn’t have realistically found a manager with a better track record he didn’t just click his fingers and magically turn a squad of duds into excellent players.

We have two completely unknown goalkeepers and no centre backs yet. If we end up with duds in those positions we’ll be in a relegation battle regardless of how good Hopkin is at organising the team in front of them.

At the mo:

1. Dundee Utd

2. Partick Thistle

3. Dundee

4. ICT 

5. Dunfermline

6. Ayr

7. Morton

8. QoS

9. Alloa 

10. Arbroath

With 4-9 interchangeable depending on signings.