2019/2020 Championship Predictor

Pretty much agree with this assessment.
Trying to see past my own bias (ha) I like United at any price over 2/1. We'll benefit from the stability we haven't had the last 3 summers and starting pre season needing 2 or 3 players rather than 10 has to be beneficial.
Patrick will improve but no by enough to mount a serious challenge. I quite like a couple of Mortons signings and if Hopkirk can recreate the team spirit and work ethic of his Livi side they'd be my dark horses.
Don't much fancy Dunfermline under Crawford although I'm impressed by his commitment to signing every player he can possibly get his hands on. Feel like Inverness might be a bit weaker this year but quite hard to judge them at the mo. Either way they finished 9 points behind United last season and I don't see them turning that round. 
Ayr undoubtedly weaker and them, Alloa, Arbroath & QotS my bottom 4.
Leaves Dundee as the great unknown. Manager in his first ever job and a squad needing a big overhaul. Maybe they'll get it right, maybe no. At the moment I think they've made playoff level signings but if they can keep a couple of their better players injury free then who knows. 
Still way to early to predict where we will be - we're at least 6 or 7 players short IMHO.

My prediction, which come next May will be held up as a shining example of how wrong a person can be is :

Partick - 76 points - Just got a sneaky suspicion

Dundee - 74 points - Probably beat Hamilton in the play off final, after drubbing their city rivals in the play-off semis

Inverness - 57 points - Always there or there abouts.

Dundee United - 55 points -  Ultimate Championship bottle merchants, but will definitely make the play offs

Dunfermline - 48 points-  Can't be as bad as last year...right?

Ayr - 44 points -  Can't be as good as last year...right?

Morton - 41 points - Impressive manager appointment, but ultimately won't be great.

Alloa - 33 points - Do enough to rattle the big boys again. New manager appointment will be someone designed to wind up opposition fans (Come home PH)

Arbroath - 31 points -  Dick Dastardly's agricultural style of football will rattle the big boys. Will beat Raith and then Falkirk in the play offs

Queen of the South - 16 points -Doomed. Dobbie's hamstring to ping by September and that will be that folks.

Edited by I'm Brian

My prediction, which come next May will be held up as a shining example of how wrong a person can be is :

Dundee - 74 points - Probably beat Hamilton in the play off final, after drubbing their city rivals in the play-off semis
Dundee United - 55 points -  Ultimate Championship bottle merchants, but will definitely make the play offs
Morton - 41 points - Impressive manager appointment, but ultimately won't be great.
Alloa - 33 points - Do enough to rattle the big boys again. New manager appointment will be someone designed to wind up opposition fans (Come home PH)
Arbroath - 31 points -  Dick Dastardly's agricultural style of football will rattle the big boys. Will beat Raith and then Falkirk in the play offs
Queen of the South - 16 points -Doomed. Dobbie's hamstring to ping by September and that will be that folks.

Our one man team finishes bottom but your one man team, now without said man, finishes 5th? Calling bias here.

5 hours ago, I'm Brian said:

If that comes true, you will never need to buy a pint in the good half of Dundee again!!

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
6 hours ago, I said:

Our one man team finishes bottom but your one man team, now without said man, finishes 5th? Calling bias here.

We were never a one man team though. 

The difference being, Ayr will still have some quality in their squad. Queens have absolutely nothing apart from Dobbie. 

We are certainly lacking at the moment but Holt would get a game at any side in this division.
We were never a one man team though. 
[emoji38], aye neither are we.

10 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

We are certainly lacking at the moment but Holt would get a game at any side in this division.
emoji38.png, aye neither are we.

Are you expecting major signing this week I don't think so .We have Dobbie that is it will he be as good without Dykes i dont think so going to be a very hard season for Queens 

Are you expecting major signing this week I don't think so .We have Dobbie that is it will he be as good without Dykes i dont think so going to be a very hard season for Queens 
I assume you never ever visit Palmerston? You're just a sadcase who comes on here to constantly slate the club aye?

Aye Dobbie wont know what to do without Dykes. I heard Dykes was always on the other end of the phone when Dobbie was down in England for tips and advice.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

I'd have Harvie over Holt but I thought Harvie was probably our best player in the last few months of the season and the best LB in the league in that period.

Shankland was obviously our main man but we were guilty of trying to play everything through him which made us utterly predictable. In the second half of the season I thought Doohan, Harvie, Smith and Murdoch were all far better for us than Shankland. 

9 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

You are of course correct. Fort long periods of the season, without Dobbie, you were a no man team. 

9 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

The fact that I had to Google who Holt was would suggest otherwise.

13 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
57 minutes ago, TheScarf said:
The fact that I had to Google who Holt was would suggest otherwise.

Doesn't change my point just because you don't who he is tbh.

He wouldn't get a game for ICT or United IMO.  Tremarco and Booth would still be the left backs if Holt played for either club.  That's two off the top of my head before even checking who the Thistle and Dundee left backs are.

He wouldn't get a game for ICT or United IMO.  Tremarco and Booth would still be the left backs if Holt played for either club.  That's two off the top of my head before even checking who the Thistle and Dundee left backs are.
You'll know your players better than me but Tremarco stood out against us the last time at Palmerston because he was blowing out his arse. I certainly wouldn't take him in place of Holt. I can't recall Booth so can't comment. But if I don't know him it must mean he isn't very good, eh? ;)

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

You'll know your players better than me but Tremarco stood out against us the last time at Palmerston because he was blowing out his arse. I certainly wouldn't take him in place of Holt. I can't recall Booth so can't comment. But if I don't know him it must mean he isn't very good, eh? ;)

I'm not trying to be a dick I think think you're comment about him 'getting a game for any club in the league' is a bit off.  He wouldn't IMO, and I'm sure in at least Roberston's and Neilson's opinion too, and probably other managers in the league.

I'm not trying to be a dick I think think you're comment about him 'getting a game for any club in the league' is a bit off.  He wouldn't IMO, and I'm sure in at least Roberston's and Neilson's opinion too, and probably other managers in the league.
It's all hypothetical anyway. He's certainly more than capable at this level and I think any manager would be happy to have him. FWIW, Dundee have just signed Marshall from us (LB) and Holt is definitely a better player than him. I won't clog up anymore of the thread with the discussion. And you can piss off back to the Peep Show thread where your input is much more appreciated B)