2019/2020 Championship Predictor

Loosely based on Random Guys' fail prediction fail. For example picked Ayr previous season for bottom this year predicted Arbroath therefore Arbroath will finish 4th etc... Top 4 could quite easily be the bottom 4 in many people's eyes. A real prediction might favour Partick Th a lot more. Going to be a tough league which Dundee Utd might not have it all their own way. Don't see Dundee winning this unless they find the right blend of player very quickly. I think Arbroath and Dick Campbell will be a surprise in this league, maybe not the lofty hights of 4th but they might just do what Alloa did last season. Agree about Morton they will be a relevant factor this season.
1/ Dundee
2/ Ayr Utd
3/ Alloa Ath
4/ Arbroath
5/ Dundee Utd
6/ Morton
7/ Partick Th
8/ Dunfermline Ath
9/ Queen of the South
10/ Inverness CT (Yeah, we're fooked)

Why do you think you’ll finish bottom?

Inverness obviously won’t be bottom but they’re definitely not locks for top 4 like a lot of people think. The loss of Polworth is a big one, and we may well lose Donaldson too. Sean Welsh is our best player but we don’t know how much he’ll be able to play either. Add that to the further budget cuts for the third year running at Inverness and we’re certainly not guaranteed anything. I trust Robbo will get the best out of our team again and push for top4, but we could easily be outside it. The one thing that will help us is that I can’t think of 4 teams that look (so far) to be much better than us.

Given at how much of an unknown quantity we are (this team hasn’t played a match yet) I cannot pin us down so am going...
1 Inverness or Dunfermline Athletic
2 Dundee or Dunfermline Athletic
3 Dundee United or Dunfermline Athletic
4 QoS or Dunfermline Athletic
5 Morton or Dunfermline Athletic
6 Ayr or Dunfermline Athletic
7 Dunfermline Athletic or Ayr
8 Partick Thistle or Dunfermline Athletic
9 Alloa or Dunfermline Athletic
10 Arbroath or Dunfermline Athletic

On 12/06/2019 at 10:11, Daydream said:

Hoping to challenge for the title, not expecting. With the number of new players we’ll have, lots of planets will need to align for us to win the league. I think most Dees are expecting a play-off place. Not unreasonable IMO.

I'm sure you'll get past Raith Rovers if you do end up in the play-off place. They would have to improve significantly. QoS weren't really tested last season.

On 6/3/2019 at 00:41, 1320Lichtie said:

Fan wise we are probably the best or close to the best PT wise but this league is full of clubs with big supports. United, Dundee, Thistle and Dunfermline all have huge fan bases we are miles away. Morton, Inverness, Qots and Ayr similar to Raith who averaged 1600 last season in comparison to our thous

Our average attendance last season was just over 2,500.

Only bookie up with prices so far is Paddy - and their Betfair fixed-odds arm.

Went up late last week.

11/4 Arabs - nibbled at, after being 3/1 first show. Fair price. 

7/2 the Dee - again nibbled, were 4/1 on Monday. Again a fair price.

7/2 Partick - sliding out from 3/1. Still look very short.

6/1 Ayr - opened 5/1, so drifting.  Pass me that barge pole.

13/2  I.C.T. - opened 5/1, so walking a mite. At least a fair price.

9/1 Pars - opened 8/1. Can't be on at those odds.

18/1 'Ra 'Ton - 20/1 this morning, so someone's had £5 on. Not for me, but stranger things happen.

25/1 Q.o.S - not moved. Awful price.

25/1 Lichties - put in at 20/1, same price as Hearts & Hibs are for the League Cup! 

50/1 Alloa - put in at 40/1. No value at double that.   

On 20/06/2019 at 18:17, Victor von Doom said:

Only bookie up with prices so far is Paddy - and their Betfair fixed-odds arm.

Went up late last week.

11/4 Arabs - nibbled at, after being 3/1 first show. Fair price. 

7/2 the Dee - again nibbled, were 4/1 on Monday. Again a fair price.

7/2 Partick - sliding out from 3/1. Still look very short.

6/1 Ayr - opened 5/1, so drifting.  Pass me that barge pole.

13/2  I.C.T. - opened 5/1, so walking a mite. At least a fair price.

9/1 Pars - opened 8/1. Can't be on at those odds.

18/1 'Ra 'Ton - 20/1 this morning, so someone's had £5 on. Not for me, but stranger things happen.

25/1 Q.o.S - not moved. Awful price.

25/1 Lichties - put in at 20/1, same price as Hearts & Hibs are for the League Cup! 

50/1 Alloa - put in at 40/1. No value at double that.   

Pretty much agree with this assessment.

Trying to see past my own bias (ha) I like United at any price over 2/1. We'll benefit from the stability we haven't had the last 3 summers and starting pre season needing 2 or 3 players rather than 10 has to be beneficial.

Patrick will improve but no by enough to mount a serious challenge. I quite like a couple of Mortons signings and if Hopkirk can recreate the team spirit and work ethic of his Livi side they'd be my dark horses.

Don't much fancy Dunfermline under Crawford although I'm impressed by his commitment to signing every player he can possibly get his hands on. Feel like Inverness might be a bit weaker this year but quite hard to judge them at the mo. Either way they finished 9 points behind United last season and I don't see them turning that round. 

Ayr undoubtedly weaker and them, Alloa, Arbroath & QotS my bottom 4.

Leaves Dundee as the great unknown. Manager in his first ever job and a squad needing a big overhaul. Maybe they'll get it right, maybe no. At the moment I think they've made playoff level signings but if they can keep a couple of their better players injury free then who knows.