2019/2020 Championship Predictor

35 minutes ago, 36-0 Maroon said:

Absolutely loving how abody is writing off Arbroath early doors and having us bottom based on the fact we are part time and unknown to them, Mind we beat the champions Ross County 4-1 and also beat united, The Smokies are coming, just wait and see.  36-0 

We got the same , wouldn't read too much into the Ross county result though  , but if we can do it so can you will be interesting to see who comes out top 

in the part time stakes , we have a slight  advantage in that we know most of the teams we are up against and have had a season here behind us, that said I think you can  surprise a few punters ..

They’re one of two part-time teams in the league. The only other part-time team already have a years experience of being in the league (and staying up) and - despite winning League 1 comfortably - they were by all accounts fairly pish since the turn of the year. Plus the Championship team won the play-offs so there’s no other League 1 team coming up with them.

I’d be happy if they stayed up (so long as it’s not at the expense of Ayr), but they’re rightly heavy favourites at the moment to go back down. No idea why their fans are getting so touchy about that.

Arbroath are rightly favourites for the drop. They'll probably not be Brechin levels of shittery tbf.

Agree

But definitely not Brechin levels. They lost more than they won in L1 whilst we romped it. They got worse after they went up and have been relegated from L1 too straight after their relegation from Championship.

Were decent but really need to add quality going forward

Tbf we all got it massively wrong with Alloa last season and from what I can remember of Arbroath they were a pretty decent side and they’ve only won a league since then.

However I think Campbell will be a bit stubborn and think he’ll be able to get away with still playing attacking football. Goodwin made Alloa stuffy last season and hard to beat at times. I don’t see Campbell doing that.

Arbroath and Alloa will be favourites for the bottom 2 but if Ayr, QOTS, Dunfermline and Morton aren’t careful they could quite easily be dragged into a battle with them.

They’re one of two part-time teams in the league. The only other part-time team already have a years experience of being in the league (and staying up) and - despite winning League 1 comfortably - they were by all accounts fairly pish since the turn of the year. Plus the Championship team won the play-offs so there’s no other League 1 team coming up with them.
I’d be happy if they stayed up (so long as it’s not at the expense of Ayr), but they’re rightly heavy favourites at the moment to go back down. No idea why their fans are getting so touchy about that.

Can't see anyone being touchy

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Tbf we all got it massively wrong with Alloa last season

Maybe some thought they would be cut adrift like Brechin, and then yeah, those people were wrong, but I don’t think that was a common prediction.

I thought Alloa were just about what is expected of a part-time team in the league. They scrapped, made themselves hard to beat and showed good fighting spirit to pick up quite a few points from losing positions.  But they were also aided by the standard of the league being so dreadful, with Thistle, Dunfermline, Queens and Falkirk all underperforming against their expectations. That’s a lot of teams having an off-year.

Alloa were a decent part-time team. Not a Brechin-esque shambles, but not like the Dumbarton who stayed up fairly comfortably for a good few years against stronger opposition.

FWIW, I think there’s a good chance for them to kick on this season. A year’s experience in the division, kept their manager, joined by another PT team and with certain FT teams cutting costs.

1 hour ago, eez-eh said:

Arbroath fans are a bit touchy.

Very needy. 

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Tbf we all got it massively wrong with Alloa last season 

People thought they'd finish bottom, they were literally one goal away from finishing behind the worst full time side at this level, will lightening strike twice in that regard? Can't see it. If Ayr had anything to play for on that final day they'd be down. 

I actually think Arbroath will finish above them tbh. Both sets of fans to be equally as needy. 

Edited by Grant228

Arbroath fully deserve to be in the championship and we intend on staying there, Incredible club with a fantastic history and great fans, It’s where we belong if you ask me and with the Bunnet at the helm and the excellent squad we have maintained it will be interesting to see how far we will actually go, I can see us finishing mid table and shocking a lot of people 36-0

Arbroath fully deserve to be in the championship and we intend on staying there, Incredible club with a fantastic history and great fans, It’s where we belong if you ask me and with the Bunnet at the helm and the excellent squad we have maintained it will be interesting to see how far we will actually go, I can see us finishing mid table and shocking a lot of people 36-0

Yes you deserve to be in the league based off of winning L1 last year but that counts for almost nothing next year.

Looking at the squad you currently have there’s not a great deal of Championship standard players in it.

Ffs. Steaming or on the wind up?

Our history is actually pretty shite, we have only won 3 trophies and they've all been in the last 10 year.

Fan wise we are probably the best or close to the best PT wise but this league is full of clubs with big supports. United, Dundee, Thistle and Dunfermline all have huge fan bases we are miles away. Morton, Inverness, Qots and Ayr similar to Raith who averaged 1600 last season in comparison to our thousand.

DC record in championship isn't actually very good. All for being optimistic but just saying cliched sound bites is only going to come back and bite you on the arse at the end of the season.

Yes you deserve to be in the league based off of winning L1 last year but that counts for almost nothing next year.

Looking at the squad you currently have there’s not a great deal of Championship standard players in it.

Wouldn't take that post seriously at all. [emoji15]

Keeper, back 4 and 2 centre mids are overall on a par with Alloa id say. However think they are currently or were stronger out wide and upfront with guys like Zanatta, Sheilds and Aitchison. We only really have Bobby Linn at that standard just now.

1. Dundee United
  2. Dundee
  3. ICT
  4. Partick Thistle 
  5. Dunfermline
  6. Morton
  7. QOS
  8. Ayr
  9. Alloa
  10. Arbroath

I predict that the top 4 will be very close, and of the teams could win the league. Sadly, Dundees complete rebuild and Utd being fairly settled gives them the edge.

Dunfermline and Morton to be the epitome of mid table safety.

Another mini league with the bottom 4 teams, Dobbies goals in his 40% of league appearances should see them safe, I think Ayr have lost a good few players including Shankland, I think they will struggle.

7 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Can't see anyone being touchy

One of your fans went to the Premiership forum, solely to post "1-11: Anyone, 12: St Johnstone" purely because I dared to put Arbroath bottom of the league in my prediction...