1 Partick
2 ICT
3 Dundee United
4 Dundee 
5 Dunfermline
6 Ayr
7 Morton
8 Alloa
9 QotS (Dobbie to score 50 in all comps next season).
10 Arbroath

P5-8 you can probably interchange pretty easily, wouldn't surprise me if Alloa did better than 8th. 
However, with Dunfermline spending money on development fees I reckon they'll be the best of the rest. 

We'll see what the squads are before making any predictions but I'd imagine the two Dundee teams will be in the mix for the title come the end of the season.

ICT will make the playoff's definately

For Morton I just hope we stay away from relegation. Being optimistic we may just grab 4th, but Partick may snatch that spot.

Ayr comfortable midtable and the Pars & Queens to hover above  9th

Alloa impressed me this season but can't see anything other than 9th with Arbroath going down again. 

Dundee United

Partick Thistle
Dundee
Inverness

Dunfermline
Morton
Qots
Ayr

Alloa

Arbroath

Guessing we will be favourites for coming back down but depends on what happens with Goodwin for me. DC ain't going anywhere. We have a good keeper, solid back 4 and a few good midfield players who are well capable of doing well in the championship. But in attack and out wide we have only really got Bobby Linn just now. So hopefully that is where we improve, and if we improve enough, maybe pull off a few good signings and quality loans I reckon we could do pretty well. But need to wait and see what happens.

United to win league after Neilson has bedded himself in, Thistle second for similar reasons, Dundee enough for third. Middle of table similar to way it always is and us and Alloa battling it out nearer the bottom.

1.  Partick
  2.  Dundee Utd
  3.  Dundee
  4.  Dunfermline
  5.  ICT 
  6.  Morton
  7.  Ayr
  8.  QOTS
  9.  Alloa 
  10.  Arbroath

I'll be optimistic with our under 20's side but we could equally have a falkirk-esque season and be in a relagation battle by Christmas

Utd will do the usual of playing terrible but being there or there abouts by grinding out narrow wins, Dundee won't find it as easy as they might think it will be and have a funny feeling Partick will hit the ground running this year, ICT will be a better more settled side and I think Ayr might struggle to keep up last seasons success, I think loosing Goodwin may well be the nail in the coffin for Alloa for this division

slight change as i've seen McPake is now getting the Dundee job instead of Goodwin as a last minute twist! I'll bump alloa up a position for that

Edited by 80sPar

27 minutes ago, 80sPar said:

I'll be optimistic with our under 20's side but we could equally have a falkirk-esque season and be in a relagation battle by Christmas

When we're signing public schoolboys from England who are still doing their exams there has to be a wee bit of trepidation but they're all ones we've been scouting for ages so at least it sounds like planning has gone into it, rather than the Falkirk's Next Top Model approach to recruiting. But yes, we could easily be in a relegation scrap! 

Why are all the Ayr fans predicting that we are going to stomp the league?
Is it that subliminal McCall fascination taking hold?

I think you’ll be quite shite tbh. But still better than half of the league.

20 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

When we're signing public schoolboys from England who are still doing their exams there has to be a wee bit of trepidation but they're all ones we've been scouting for ages so at least it sounds like planning has gone into it, rather than the Falkirk's Next Top Model approach to recruiting. But yes, we could easily be in a relegation scrap! 

Couldn't agree more I'm actually quite pleased with the signings so far as theres obviously been thought gone into it and not just a scatter gun approach as per Falkirk, but at the same time it's a team that is unlikely to gel straight away and it's more a team that will take a season or 2 to find it's feet so future looks good but i'm writing off a promotion push for the next couple of seasons from my expectations and consolidation is the main target

1 hour ago, 80sPar said:
  1.  Partick
  2.  Dundee Utd
  3.  Dundee
  4.  Dunfermline
  5.  ICT 
  6.  Morton
  7.  Ayr
  8.  QOTS
  9.  Alloa 
  10.  Arbroath

Utd will do the usual of playing terrible but being there or there abouts by grinding out narrow wins, Dundee won't find it as easy as they might think it will be and have a funny feeling Partick will hit the ground running this year, ICT will be a better more settled side and I think Ayr might struggle to keep up last seasons success, I think loosing Goodwin may well be the nail in the coffin for Alloa for this division

slight change as i've seen McPake is now getting the Dundee job instead of Goodwin as a last minute twist! I'll bump alloa up a position for that

How does ICT being better than last season but finishing 5th below Dunfermline work?

11 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

How does ICT being better than last season but finishing 5th below Dunfermline work?

Because I think there will be other better teams in the league than you (the top 3 i posted) and being optimistic with Dunfermline, realistically i think you will finish above us again but we are an unknown quantity right now so went for best case for us rather than being pessimistic 

you can still be a better team but it depends who is around you season to season, plus I think 3rd flattered you last year tbh if you looked at the season as a whole, you're last 1/4 was brilliant and fair play but it only tells part of a story, just like our 5 wins in a row saving our ass from relegation and that wee run flattered us

Edited by 80sPar

10 minutes ago, 80sPar said:

Because I think there will be other better teams in the league than you (the top 3 i posted) and being optimistic with Dunfermline, realistically i think you will finish above us again but we are an unknown quantity right now so went for best case for us rather than being pessimistic 

you can still be a better team but it depends who is around you season to season, plus I think 3rd flattered you last year tbh if you looked at the season as a whole, you're last 1/4 was brilliant and fair play but it only tells part of a story, just like our 5 wins in a row saving our ass from relegation and that wee run flattered us

It really didn't.  We were clearly the best outwith the 2 teams trying to buy the league.

38 minutes ago, thistledo said:

Oh great so glad people are predicting Thistle in the top half again and some even have us winning it! 

13 minutes ago, cilitbang said:

Don’t know how i feel seeing most people having us in the top 4..

Terrifying, ain’t it?

I'm cautiously optimistic about this season, though. Caldwell clearly has his flaws, but the quality in this division isn’t very good at all, which should negate his inadequacies. We'll again have one of the larger budgets in it to go along with the contacts he has in the game, so I do think we’ll be in & around the playoff hunt.

Think we'll come somewhere between 3rd and 5th, but I'm not going on record saying anything other than that we're winning the league, damnit.

Edit: After a full pre-season & LC group stages, I feel a lot more confident in my team in relation to the others. Think the play-offs all the way to 6th place will be really tight, but a two-horse race at the top. Dundee to beat United at Dens in the second last game of the season to clinch the title. Hamilton to once again troll their way into staying up, but it'll be against United again so I won't mind.

1st. Dundee
2nd. Dundee United
3rd. Dunfermline Athletic
4th. Inverness CT
5th. Greenock Morton
6th. Partick Thistle
7th. Queen of the South
8th. Ayr United
9th. Arbroath
10th. Alloa Athletic

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

If we're really in a desperate relegation struggle by Crimbo, then Crawford will be gone. 

This could really go two ways. I will wait and see what our final squad looks like but I'll be happy with mid-table mediocrity at this rate we're going.