2019/2020 Championship Predictor

4 hours ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

Seem to recall you predicted us to be relegated last year as well. Also seem to remember you predicting a laughable 4th/5th place finish the year before in League One. 

Yawn.

Looks like my tactic is working then eh? :rolleyes:

6 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

1-2 On the face of things Dundee and Dundee United with their premiership level budgets should be fighting it out for the top two places but shit doesn't always work out that way. Dundee are managerless whilst Yinited made a c**t of the playoffs 

Below that I'm not sure. I hope Thistle can make the top four but we don't have a Scott McDonald type striker finisher signed up yet...

ICT will hope to build on a decent season and will be aiming for top 4 too.

Dunfermline and Morton are cutting costs apparently but Pars have signed a few players and will hope they are less shite this season. Morton on the face of things have made a good managerial appointment. Will Hopkin have funds from the casket to invest?

Both will be looking to push for 4th but will probably fail hilariously.

QoS and Ayr had fairly contrasting seasons. Queens have signed Kevin Holt and have AJ back in charge but Dunfermline fans will possibly say that's not a good thing. They still have Dobbie which could edge things over their southern farming neighbours , Ayr who have lost a couple of their too players already. Will McCall find another gem or even provide a home for ex-jag Kris Doolan?

Alloa and Arbroath as part-time teams will be aiming for survival first of all but you just never know with the fragility of all teams in the league. 

If Goodwin leaves Alloa could struggle but they've coped with managerial departures in the recent past and have a knack of finding the next best young manager candidate.

Arbroath have the Bunnet in charge and will relish the Angus derbies with Yinited. They'll probably start as favourites for the drop.

But not the ones with Dundee?

Dundee United

Inverness 

Thistle

Dundee 

Dunfermline 

QoTS

Morton

Ayr

Arbroath 

Alloa

Allot will depend on who Dundee bring in as manager obviously, they've came off the back of what can fairly be described as a shocking couple of years in the Premier, being near the bottom before succumbing to a grim relegation, can sometimes leave almost a linger of shiteness. The plus point is that they'll have a new manager, a fairly new team and an absolute shed load of cash comparative to everyone else. 

Thistle ended last season pretty decently, don't think Caldwell is as bad as made out on here and I reckon they'll be fairly comfortably in the playoffs. Inverness to carry on not losing allot of games, winning a few and drawing hundreds. 

Next set of group between Morton-QoTS and Dunfermline(hopefully) could go either way, I'm counting on Hopkin hitting the ground running, however he did take a bit of time at Livi, if he does start well with dece recruitment they'll absolutely be eyeing up a playoff spot. AJ will do OK with QoTS, he'll get one last good season with Dobbie before going in a massive tailspin next, AJ does well when he has a goalscorer in the team and he builds teams around them quite well. 

I hope Dunfermline aren't shite, truthfully though I'm still apprehensive as f**k about Danny Devine at right back, Comrie at right back will need to step up and we are still lacking natural wide men, there's time to rectify that in the window. 

Think Ayr are really going to struggle, their form in the second half of last season wasn't great and losing the likes of Smith and Shankland I can see really hurting them, Rose for Muirhead? Ouch. 

Alloa were a goal away from finishing behind a turgid Falkirk side, Arbroath will come on top of that battle of the PT teams. 

Edited by Grant228

1. Dundee United
  2. Inverness Caledonian Thistle
  3. Greenock Morton
  4. Partick Thistle
  5. Dundee
  6. Dunfermline Athletic
  7. Arbroath
  8. Queen of the South 
  9. Ayr United
  10. Alloa Athletic

Prediction above is likely to change. 

My tips as the current Championship Predictor title holder:-

• Morton to have a highly improved upon season with the incoming manager David Hopkin.
  • Inverness CT to consolidate on last season, John Robertson proving himself to be one of the best managers in this division.
  • Dunfermline Athletic to have a tough season, with the announcement of playing primarily youth players. 

Edited by Im_Rodger

1 hour ago, Im_Rodger said:
  1. Dundee United
  2. Inverness Caledonian Thistle
  3. Greenock Morton
  4. Partick Thistle
  5. Ayr United
  6. Dundee
  7. Queen of the South
  8. Alloa Athletic 
  9. Arbroath
  10. Dunfermline Athletic 

Prediction above is likely to change. 

My tips as the current Championship Predictor title holder:-

• Morton to have a highly improved upon season with the incoming manager David Hopkin.
  • Inverness CT to consolidate on last season, John Robertson proving himself to be one of the best managers in this division.
  • Dunfermline Athletic to have a tough season, with the announcement of playing primarily youth players. 

First edit already after hearing McPake has got the Dundee job and Goodwin is staying at Alloa Athletic.

1: United
2: Patrick
3: ICT
4: Dundee
5: Dunfermline
6: Alloa
7: Ayr
8: Morton
9: Arbroath
10: QOTS

I do think second will be between us and Partick tho so can go ether way on that

United (P)
Caley
Dundee
Partick
Queens
Pars
Arbroath
Morton
Ayr ®
Alloa ®

Reckon there will be a much tighter race at the top this year. United's budget with Neilson's experience for a full season takes it for me, but they won't make it as easy as it should be.

Opposite of this season at the bottom however imo. Think there will be one team that slips away in the first 8-10 matches and won't manage to regain ground on the other runners throughout the season. Whether this is Alloa or Arbroath or Pars is still yet to be seen.

I don't think there can be many arguments left. The Scottish Championship really is THE greatest league in the world.

See a few folk tipping us for top 4. With the budget cuts Hopkin would need to work miracles to get us there. Still early days but at the moment I'll guess:

Dundee United

Dundee

ICT

Thistle

Dunfermline

Morton 

Ayr

Qots

Alloa

Arbroath

Dundee apparently have the league won with their 7 signed players signed up for next season,  despite United and ICT having settled, experienced teams at this level.  Thus:

Dundee by fucking miles

United

ICT

Thistle

Ayr

Morton

Dunfermline

Arbroath

QOTS

Alloa