Friendlies - Saturday 22nd & Thursday 27th June?

gaz5

Unless there's been a change in the rules there's no point posting in the Juniors section as they can't play friendlies then.
Or is the date being brought forward because they want an earlier finish to the League season?
Not that I'm aware of, my understanding is that no permits for friendlies are allowed before 1st July.

Genuine question, do you need a permit from the juniors if its not between 2 junior sides?

In the Senior game you don't need a permit for any friendly.

I ask as I see Irvine have also announced 2 dates in June and both are against non juniors, so wondering if that's the "workaround".

2 hours ago, gaz5 said:

Genuine question, do you need a permit from the juniors if its not between 2 junior sides?

In the Senior game you don't need a permit for any friendly.

I ask as I see Irvine have also announced 2 dates in June and both are against non juniors, so wondering if that's the "workaround".

Junior teams require a permit for any friendly match, irrespective of the opposition.

3 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Junior teams require a permit for any friendly match, irrespective of the opposition.

That's correct.  If you're the home team you must apply for a permit.  You also need to apply for a permit if you are the away team to any team other than a West Region club, amateur, junior or senior. 

33 minutes ago, gaz5 said:

Cool.

What's the idea behind the permit system and not allowing games outside of July?

We've filled the two dates now, just curious.

I believe it is to do with insurance cover.

We had same problem when I was involved at Boys Club Fitba

SYFA insisted it was because of players insurance but when we looked in to it (contacted Insurance Company) Boys/Players were insured from 1st June until 31st  May the following year

IMO it was just another Cash Cow scenario 

15 minutes ago, Billy XBoswell said:

We had same problem when I was involved at Boys Club Fitba

SYFA insisted it was because of players insurance but when we looked in to it (contacted Insurance Company) Boys/Players were insured from 1st June until 31st  May the following year

IMO it was just another Cash Cow scenario 

There is no charge for a permit as far as I am aware. It is simply an email to the West Region asking for a permit and referee to be allocated.

21 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

Do the EOSFL provide the similar sportsguard insurance that the juniors provided?

Yes SFA Licence compliant Insurance is provided by EoSFL as part of your membership, not entirely sure of provider though.

Edited by Burnie_man