League Cup Group E

10 minutes ago, #Gary said:

The pish keeper mentioned chucked in all 3 of your goals. A decent keeper and none of them happen and it's a comfortable win for us.

He didn't chuck in the second, a massive deflection on it and had no chance. 

The first he actually made a decent save but didnt get the ball clear. The third one was pretty bad though, we had Lee Kilday which more than made it a level playing field. Absolutely brutal to watch. Imagine both teams will be bottom half come May. 

The first he actually made a decent save but didnt get the ball clear. The third one was pretty bad though, we had Lee Kilday which more than made it a level playing field. Absolutely brutal to watch. Imagine both teams will be bottom half come May. 
I don't think there's any doubt both sides will be bottom end come the end of the season. Both will just be praying Alloa and Arbroath are pisher.

1 minute ago, Broony88 said:

Kilday is murder. Glad to see the back of him. 

I think we'd be top half with a better keeper. We have better defenders to come back in as well.

As it stands Ramsbottom will concede too many silly goals for us to do that. We need a new keeper in there asap.

The first was about the 4th he has palmed or punched straight to an opponent for a goal. No benefit of the doubt here.

24 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:
35 minutes ago, Broony88 said:

The first was about the 4th he has palmed or punched straight to an opponent for a goal. No benefit of the doubt here.

Would be more disappointed that we had two players following it in and no Morton defenders in sight. 

I don't think there's any doubt both sides will be bottom end come the end of the season. Both will just be praying Alloa and Arbroath are pisher.

On that performance, absolutely. But it’s obvious that Morton are still a major work in progress under Hopkin, and I’d assume Queens would think the same about themselves.

The onus is therefore on both managers to bring about significant improvement. I’d feel a little more confident about Hopkin doing that with what we’ve got than yourselves; if nothing else because your inability to deal with cross balls is both difficult to resolve and will always make you vulnerable against set pieces. If Pearson is any good in goal when he returns to fitness then at least some of our problems go away.

Bit of a stroll today - a couple of late crackers once Annan were knackered put a bit of gloss on it.

The most interesting thing for me was getting a chance to see Sloth in action - first impressions were good but lets see what he's like against a midfield at our level. 

In terms of the group - we can't ask for any more than full points and no goals conceded when you see the difficulties other teams have had - a lot of credit is due for that - and it's a contrast to the way it went last season.

Most of all, I really enjoyed the length of the grass today - exemplary.

1 hour ago, virginton said:

On that performance, absolutely. But it’s obvious that Morton are still a major work in progress under Hopkin, and I’d assume Queens would think the same about themselves.

The onus is therefore on both managers to bring about significant improvement. I’d feel a little more confident about Hopkin doing that with what we’ve got than yourselves; if nothing else because your inability to deal with cross balls is both difficult to resolve and will always make you vulnerable against set pieces. If Pearson is any good in goal when he returns to fitness then at least some of our problems go away.

The big difference today was that Dobbie was out with injury with his quality I think we would have win the game going to be a huge miss for Queens for the best 6 weeks

Queens do highlights for away games? 
No idea if the guy was there but that's generally what it depends on. It's a volunteer who produces them so some games he doesn't get to, understandably.

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
54 minutes ago, madton said:

No idea if the guy was there but that's generally what it depends on. It's a volunteer who produces them so some games he doesn't get to, understandably.

Its really not good enough being honest. 

A lot of Morton fans are relying on them!! 

5 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
56 minutes ago, madton said:

I think he pretty much gets to every game. But sometimes doesnt have time produce an online highlights package. Given we have already published a video interview with Allan Johnston and Callum Semple post match he was certainly there today.

M v A summary from a visiting fans point  of  view.

Electric Bar & Grill - never tasted any other curries  in Motherwell but I would definitely vote for this one in the Wishaw paper competition advertised, very tasty.

Club 100 - 2 minutes from the Home end.Must be the best facility for any team, regardless o Premier.Big room wi screens & music  + a lounge and 2 other rooms.Hope the Well own this for their sake.

Game - much as expected - Motherwell a class above.Big strong team but quite difficult to assess when only  playing a league 2 team. 2 cracking finishes near the end maybe flattered as the Annan boys never had the composure to capitalise on the 2 chances they had- prob the difference in class.

Very friendly stewards ( take note Stenny).

Decent day out - looking forward  to the  real thing at Brechin next week.

Going  by bookies Cove & Edinburgh City  are the challenge.

Let's go for it.

Said earlier that we look reminiscent of the 2003-04 team - got plenty of goals in us but look like chucking them in at the other end. Two shots palmed out to the opposition for two of the goals, the other I'll give the benefit of the doubt as it was deflected. Palming shots away isn't a good tactic (saw far too many punched directly to opposition strikers in the 90s) especially when the defence is not moving quickly enough to clear the danger. Had Dobbie been playing he'd have been shooting at us from all angles and I reckon Queens would have won it.

Up front we look miles ahead of last season - actually attacking defences and Nesbitt is going to be a handful. Third goal was a beauty, and that ought to have been that.

Keeper won us the the shootout and the team were quick to congratulate him.
I thought we were out - until I saw that Arbroath had lost and that late on Stranraer had decided to put Ayr out. :lol: 

17 hours ago, Northfield 53 said:

The big difference today was that Dobbie was out with injury with his quality I think we would have win the game going to be a huge miss for Queens for the best 6 weeks

Dobbie has done absolutely nothing against Morton for ages and the same would have applied to yesterday's game as well. Don't see an overall improvement from your team compared to last season - a bit more dangerous going forward; but weaker at the back and in midfield - so another struggle near the bottom of the table looks likely.