League Cup Group E

4 hours ago, MOTD Wannabee said:

Great highlights as always, Morton goal that was disallowed looks onside but not quite sure how the ref missed Sutton blatantly leading with an arm in to McCrories face. Sutton had absolutely zero chance of playing the ball and was a nasty one.

Edited by Broony88

The pish keeper mentioned chucked in all 3 of your goals. A decent keeper and none of them happen and it's a comfortable win for us.
Having watched the highlights, this is indeed utter nonsense. I find it baffling that you believe your 'keeper chucked all 3 in. He completely flapped at the 3rd goal and takes the flack for that one. For the first, our player had a free header 6 yards out and yet he still managed to get something on it but unfortunately for him it was to one of our players. For the second the ball was deflected while he was going in the other direction; Flash Gordon would have struggled to react in time.

For ours I'd say McCrorie was at fault for one at a push and that would be the corner, but given how crowded the box was I wouldn't say it was a flap or a mistake. The 3rd one I'm far more concerned that the guy is wide open and has all the time he wants to pick his spot. Once again, I find it incredible McCrorie has received criticism from that display.

5 hours ago, Broony88 said:

Great highlights as always, Morton goal that was disallowed looks onside but not quite sure how the ref missed Sutton blatantly leading with an arm in to McCrories face. Sutton had absolutely zero chance of playing the ball and was a nasty one.

Now that I've seen the replay it looks offside to me. At the time I had thought that the player to his left (who was onside) had put it away.

As for the Queen's goals - oh dear. Getting flashbacks to the early 90s when we lost goals like that all the time.

27 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

Now that I've seen the replay it looks offside to me. At the time I had thought that the player to his left (who was onside) had put it away.

As for the Queen's goals - oh dear. Getting flashbacks to the early 90s when we lost goals like that all the time.

He looks ahead of holt but I thought it looked like semple was maybe playing him on in the centre but hard to tell from those angles. 

1 hour ago, Broony88 said:

He looks ahead of holt but I thought it looked like semple was maybe playing him on in the centre but hard to tell from those angles. 

I just watched it (wasnt there on Saturday). He looks comfortably offside to me. At least a couple of feet.

Other thoughts. Ky Jacobs gets really lucky and Lewus Kidd really unlucky with their penalties. Jacobs actually misses his. It hits the bar and is on its way out when it hits McCrorie on the back and goes in. If he had dived the wrong way it would have missed! There were many worse penalties than Kidd's. It's just a really good save. I suppose he could have hit it harder though.