League Cup Group E

Queens will have to be ready on Saturday for the usual Morton trick, squealing like little girls when they feel contact from an opponent in order to gain a free kick, allied to the "new" manager's tactic of long throws into the box every time they get a throw in..... 

Spoiler

Queens will have to be ready on Saturday for the usual Morton trick, squealing like little girls when they feel contact from an opponent in order to gain a free kick, allied to the "new" manager's tactic of long throws into the box every time they get a throw in..... 
Spoiler

Was at the Annan v Morton game didn’t hear any squealing from any Morton players.
Having watched both Queens and Morton v Annan. In my opinion Morton look the better team.
I’ll be very surprised if Morton don’t beat Queens on Saturday.

Morton’s chief squealer and player most likely to play for a foul is now on the books at Palmerston.

The Morton game should be the best barometer so far of where we are currently. I’d settle for a promising performance to head into the league campaign tbh as Morton go into it as clear favourites based on our respective results up to now.

I don't think that the fitness edge that Queens ought to have with a midweek rest should be discounted though. We didn't exactly hold up well in the second half against Motherwell, although at least Hopkin had the chance to make early changes during last night's game. 

It's really a toss of a coin match as usual - that a draw now gives us a chance of slithering through as well is a bonus. 

4 hours ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Yeah, it's a mix, but in general we're bigger and stronger than last year; there are no waifs like Telfer or Oliver, Nesbitt has more physical presence than when he was here last time, Cadden is strong (even to the point of being a bit chunky), Tumilty looked like a centre half at times last night, and Strapp is no longer a wee boy. Add in McLean, Salkeld, and Muirhead to the starting eleven and I'm pretty sure that at times we'll look physically dominant.

Different way of putting it: I don't see us getting bullied in the same way we sometimes did under Johansson; we were as soft as piss at times last year and good Morton teams over the years have been the opposite...

^ Big team found.

What can we expect from Annan on Saturday ? How do they set up? They've certainly done the business against Accies in the past but their result against Morton suggests we shouldn't have much to fear.
They're pish. Motherwell -2, 7/5. Easy money.

What was that then, I don’t always pick up the chants of the young ones
I think they changed Voulez Vous to fit in praise of their centre back, Hartley?

Quite impressive because of the pace of the song, must have spent a long time behind chip shops practising.

What can we expect from Annan on Saturday ? How do they set up? They've certainly done the business against Accies in the past but their result against Morton suggests we shouldn't have much to fear.

Motherwell being a premiership team should win this game quite comfortably.
Annan manager Peter Murphy has had to bring in a lot of new players this season. He is still looking at players to see what his best starting eleven is.
The game on Saturday will be a good learning experience for his young Annan team.

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
3 hours ago, marco44 said:

Your team didn’t do very well against a pish team.

Which was concerning.

Very !  Not as if Queens are  spending  the  cash on ground improvements - place is deteriorating.Has a director got shares in the scaffolding  company - been up for months now.

1 hour ago, the philosopher said:

Very !  Not as if Queens are  spending  the  cash on ground improvements - place is deteriorating.Has a director got shares in the scaffolding  company - been up for months now.

Well, yes, he owns it. If you are referring to the scaffolding around the floodlights, it was put up well in advance of the actual work being done on them which was ongoing in the last couple of weeks. I imagine it will be complete soon.

If you are referring to the scaffolding for the tv gantries on the halfway line and behind the goal it's been up for about 5 years now and belongs to a sub contractor for the tv companies, not us. When you are in a bigger League you have to deal with these things. 😉

5 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Well, yes, he owns it. If you are referring to the scaffolding around the floodlights, it was put up well in advance of the actual work being done on them which was ongoing in the last couple of weeks. I imagine it will be complete soon.

If you are referring to the scaffolding for the tv gantries on the halfway line and behind the goal it's been up for about 5 years now and belongs to a sub contractor for the tv companies, not us. When you are in a bigger League you have to deal with these things. 😉

We'll watch with interest.What I saw at the tail end of last season and so far this season the bigger League might  not  be such a  problem in the near future.

22 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
On 24/07/2019 at 21:48, Archie McSquackle said:

They're pish. Motherwell -2, 7/5. Easy money.

That is what I thought v Dumbarton ! 

Still being the mug I am I have again backed -2. So if anyone is reading this now I would lump the mortgage on a 2-0 or 3-1 or 4-2 win for Motherwell. Any win where the margin is 2......as sure as night follows day.

At least we will back on a billiard table pitch as oppose to the Amazon jungle from midweek. I swear I saw a Pygmy at one point fire an blow dart at Declan Gallagher.