League Cup Group E

Going through to Motherwell tonight in hope more than expectation. Not getting our usual gubbing will probably do. 
Since our last win at Fir Park (1970) we've won at Ibrox twice, Parkhead twice, three times at Pittodrie and four each at Easter Road and Tynecastle. Suffice to say it's not a happy hunting ground for us.
Hopkin played (and scored twice) in the 1990 tie when we were cheated out of an injury time winner.
Good to see you're not holding a 29 year old grudge though! You're not alone- I've still got a thing about John Robertson scoring a goal for Hearts against us with his hand around about then. Any time I hear him whinging about the opposition cheating just sets me off.

Just now, Archie McSquackle said:
2 hours ago, AyrshireTon said:
Going through to Motherwell tonight in hope more than expectation. Not getting our usual gubbing will probably do. 
Since our last win at Fir Park (1970) we've won at Ibrox twice, Parkhead twice, three times at Pittodrie and four each at Easter Road and Tynecastle. Suffice to say it's not a happy hunting ground for us.
Hopkin played (and scored twice) in the 1990 tie when we were cheated out of an injury time winner.

Good to see you're not holding a 29 year old grudge though! You're not alone- I've still got a thing about John Robertson scoring a goal for Hearts against us with his hand around about then. Any time I hear him whinging about the opposition cheating just sets me off.

Motherwell didn't cheat us in any way - the officials did when they found some way to rule a 20 yard postage stamp winner as offside. The Motherwell players acted (for a moment) like a team who'd just lost a cup tie, and your manager at the time (Tommy McLean) admitted afterwards that he saw nothing wrong with Alexander's goal.

Genuine mystery tonight as to whether us or Morton are any good.

Will tonight's game answer this? Probably not. 

Still, heavy buzzing to see big Johnny Handsome in super slo-mo in the match review.

Just now, MJC said:

This will be a tough one tonight I reckon. A penalty shootout defeat is a distinct possibility I reckon.

That implies a free-scoring draw with defences posted missing or a 0-0 shitfest.

I'd take either now if offered.

22 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

If we start Seedorf and Hylton I’m predicting our usual early goals against Morton. f**k knows our line up though as we’ve plenty of options for once.

I hope we start with van der Sar, Reiziger, Blind, Rijkaard, de Boer brothers, Seedorf, George, Davids, Litmanen & Overmars.