League Cup Group E

Nothing between the sides really. We've had the best chances. Kidd laid a golden chance on a plate for Motherwell but McCrorie made a great save. Think we'll get overrun in midfield which will be our undoing in the second half.

It wasn't a 3-0 game that. We could have had 2 in the first half and other than Kidd's mess up Motherwell never tested us. In the second Motherwell dominated but apart from a corner they never cut us open. 14 then conned the ref and that was that. I think the second was a cross? And I've no idea what the 3rd was. We defended well tbf but going forward offered absolutely nothing. I really hope we approached that game differently because it was Motherwell or we're in for a long season.

Great Motherwell support considering the trains are off and not a bad consolation for myself. Cheered the 3rd walking home when I heard it [emoji38]

Screenshot_20190713-170456.png

17 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

It wasn't a 3-0 game that. We could have had 2 in the first half and other than Kidd's mess up Motherwell never tested us. In the second Motherwell dominated but apart from a corner they never cut us open. 14 then conned the ref and that was that. I think the second was a cross? And I've no idea what the 3rd was. We defended well tbf but going forward offered absolutely nothing. I really hope we approached that game differently because it was Motherwell or we're in for a long season

The second was surely a shot.  Whipped in hard and high, but the 'keeper should save it.  The 3rd was a good strike from outside the box, but it only resulted from our new goalkeeper slicing a kick into the air when under little pressure.  

We were totally hemmed in during the second half, sometimes by invitation, and we were totally unable to hold the ball and find some passes.  Goals were inevitable in that second half and there was no injustice when they duly arrived.

Early days - that's what I'm telling myself.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

The second was surely a shot.  Whipped in hard and high, but the 'keeper should save it.  The 3rd was a good strike from outside the box, but it only resulted from our new goalkeeper slicing a kick into the air when under little pressure.  
We were totally hemmed in during the second half, sometimes by invitation, and we were totally unable to hold the ball and find some passes.  Goals were inevitable in that second half and there was no injustice when they duly arrived.
Early days - that's what I'm telling myself.
I was walking away and only turned when I heard the cheer so just assumed it was a cross because they were down the left when I was walking away.

There's no question Well deserved it but they converted 75% of their shots on target, which is obviously a rare %. The penalty buggered our game plan and I don't think it would have ended 3-0 if we never went behind there. Strangely enough before that I never had a feeling that "it's coming". I thought penalties were inevitable.

Guest Flash

First half was competitive and we probably edged it on chances. Second half was a Naysmithesque shitfest. No attempt to attack, with Dobbie isolated and receiving zero service.  Before Motherwell scored, it was only a matter of when and afterwards it was only a matter of how many. 

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

It wasn't a 3-0 game that. We could have had 2 in the first half and other than Kidd's mess up Motherwell never tested us. In the second Motherwell dominated but apart from a corner they never cut us open. 14 then conned the ref and that was that. I think the second was a cross? And I've no idea what the 3rd was. We defended well tbf but going forward offered absolutely nothing. I really hope we approached that game differently because it was Motherwell or we're in for a long season.

Great Motherwell support considering the trains are off and not a bad consolation for myself. Cheered the 3rd walking home when I heard it emoji38.png

Screenshot_20190713-170456.png

I had under 2.5 goals. Safe to say Jermaine Hylton will be recieving some abuse from my direction.

Unsurprisingly enjoyed my first trip to Palmerston - the rarity value meant a better support down than I expected. 

First half was even and not up to much, QOTS had the better chances and we were maybe fortunate to go in level. 2nd half was played at a higher tempo and when Seedorf and Hylton were on, we stretched the fullbacks and it did look like a goal was coming. The penalty looked like a dive to me - but there was no doubting the quality of the other two finishes.

It's difficult to judge much in these glorified pre-season friendlies - but both Seedorf and Hylton look like good entertainment, Carol looked good at Left-back and Gallacher looks solid enough at CB. It was good to see Semple get 90 mins like that and I thought he was as good as anyone out there. 

First half was competitive and we probably edged it on chances. Second half was a Naysmithesque shitfest. No attempt to attack, with Dobbie isolated and receiving zero service.  Before Motherwell scored, it was only a matter of when and afterwards it was only a matter of how many. 

First half was encouraging but what a transformation in second half. Attack v Defence with no out ball whatsoever.Have to hope that was a “one off”. Dobbie understandably cutting a very frustrated and forlorn figure long before the end.

Queens edged the first half and might have had a decent shout for a penalty with the shot blocked on the line looked like it might have hit a hand.

We dominated the second half and it was the two wide players that made the difference. Ilic did nothing of note and Cole is never a winger. Hylton was beating his man with ease and Seedorf is rapid. Hylton and Seedorf should start the next game based on that.

Scott held the ball up well and had good link up at times. Campbell was the best player on the park and Semple had a very good game. Gallagher and Carroll settled in well. All in all a good days work.

Guest Flash
12 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
1 hour ago, santheman said:
Did I hear right that the crowd was 1900 odds??
Looked like a lot more than that 

Do we still split the gate money in cup games?...

Yes - home team keeps 57.5% away team gets 42.5%.

1 hour ago, Gianfranco said:

Queens edged the first half and might have had a decent shout for a penalty with the shot blocked on the line looked like it might have hit a hand.

Should have absolutely had a penalty and man advantage from that. We should have been one or two up at half time. 2nd half one way traffic though. As awful as the penalty decision was, and as much as the two late goals were harsh on us, Motherwell were much the better side and thoroughly deserved to win. Great support of over 800 down too.

Surprised they didn't open up the terracing at the back of the goals

We were literally squashed in like sardines. Made for a great atmosphere though and I have to say the security guys were top notch..

Edited by santheman