League Cup Group E

1 hour ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Train to Lockerbie is generally a decent shout. Direct train from Motherwell to Lockerbie takes about 40 minutes.

Regular bus service to Dumfries from Lockerbie or not too expensive  in a taxi if a few of you going.

Pint due for this info.

When did Motherwell last visit us in a competitive capacity out of interest? I can't recall ever seeing them appear at Palmerston.
Cup tie in early eighties I think. We were on our way when my dad's car windscreen got smashed on the journey. Can't make it tomorrow so it remains one of the grounds I've not visited unfortunately.

28 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

When did Motherwell last visit us in a competitive capacity out of interest? I can't recall ever seeing them appear at Palmerston.

Early 80s. We won a Scottish Cup match at Palmerston in 1980.

Not aware of a meeting at Palmerston since then but will check

Edit to add Motherwell won twice at Palmerston in league games (2nd tier) in 1981-82 season.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

I'm not confident at all today, this is the worst tie we could have hoped for from this group to start with and I fully expect a defeat leaving us with an uphill task to qualify.

Either 3-1 to QoS in 90 or else they will win on penalties as we are generally hopeless at them.

I'm not confident at all today, this is the worst tie we could have hoped for from this group to start with and I fully expect a defeat leaving us with an uphill task to qualify.
Either 3-1 to QoS in 90 or else they will win on penalties as we are generally hopeless at them.

Wouldn’t be too pessimistic Queens have a new team. So no idea what to expect today.

Casper Sloth injured?

Also no Danny Johnson or Adam Livingstone in the squad.  Tea's oot for both I would suggest.

I can't make it today but I hope Semple does well. 

2-1 Motherwell. 

4 hours ago, MJC said:

Which of our players are poor at penalties? 

37 minutes ago, Desp said:

Casper Sloth injured?

Also no Danny Johnson or Adam Livingstone in the squad.  Tea's oot for both I would suggest.

I can't make it today but I hope Semple does well. 

2-1 Motherwell. 

Sloth’s here along with Johnson, Livingstone and (I think) Devine- all stripped and taking part in the warm up.

Rest of the team has gone in and they four are still out doing shuttle runs.