League cup group G

Wonder how Ayr fans are going to justify the use of the ‘n’ word. Mean something different in Ayrshire? 
Its the 21st century, stop using black b*****d in any context and these morons won’t be so emboldened. Black b*****d is racist. 
F68D4663-00EB-4965-9692-BA048F3A4BE6.thumb.jpeg.66588bd5922f0f202a903d61a5309cb6.jpeg
No true fan would justify it, the song is not meant to be racial but in the context it's far out of date now and needs either the words changed or stoped

3 hours ago, AyrExile said:

That song has been around far longer than your club so not interested in any fake offence on behalf of others. Maybe in future you could sign players with a full range of English so there won’t be any confusion 

See the source imageSee the source imageThat's us telt.

And we dealt with it - some of the offender were identified and received a lifetime ban; I believe another receive a caution by the police. Every club has a few idiots; some clubs however do nothing about them claiming its all to do with rivalry.
Don't confuse the two separate issues.

Whoever came out with the racist abuse last night should be called out for it, and subsequently banned. I'm pretty sure every Ayr fan on this thread has said the same.

The song has no racist context whatsoever. Whether or not we should stop singing it is about the grief it causes with discussions like this rather than political correctness. I'd personally prefer it to change but it's certainly not racist.

I'm pretty sure a guy was charged with racial chanting (for singing the song) a few years back (in Dundee) but it was chucked out of court pretty swiftly. Context is everything.

8 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Back to the football....watching the highlights, Dykes was onside for his "goal"...that goes in it's a more comfortable second half I reckon.

Hell of a tight anyway, we aren't having much luck with these decisions, Sammon was offside for the Falkirk equaliser too, but got the goal allowed. Hadn't realised we had as many chances in the 2nd half too, Ayr dominated it 2nd half but I counted us having 4 good clear chances (inc Lamies goal) in the 2nd half.

20 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Back to the football....watching the highlights, Dykes was onside for his "goal"...that goes in it's a more comfortable second half I reckon.

8 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Hell of a tight anyway, we aren't having much luck with these decisions...

Rushed the highlights out a bit and didn't pay much attention to the disallowed goal (probably as there weren't many protests from the Livi players) but it was very close. Not a great angle to judge from though. 

offside.png

They did
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/livingston-fc-slams-fans-over-darren-cole-racial-abuse-1-4017375
And Falkirk with Dennon Lewis, 
Looks like Berwick and Stranraer have to up their game if they want to hang in this group. 
Probably looking for a bite, so i know I shouldn't, but since fishing for bites over racism is poor form IMO, I'll go ahead and remind you that a Police investigation was carried out following our incompetent boards rantings about racism which found no case to answer. This on top of various people who know anecdotally what went on that day and it had nothing to do with Dennon Lewis' race.

Carry on.

No comments yet on the Ayr left back double foot jumping in on a challenge against Dev.
That was a straight red if I've ever seen one.
I thought that was weird too. I winced, and expected a red (although I always expect the worst with these things). Collum just had a wee chat with him.

5 minutes ago, pandarilla said:
8 minutes ago, LogieLivi said:
No comments yet on the Ayr left back double foot jumping in on a challenge against Dev.

I thought that was weird too. I winced, and expected a red (although I always expect the worst with these things). Collum just had a wee chat with him.

The cynical foul on the halfway line to stop us breaking on you also only got a wee word from Collum, must be keeping his card count down for the league games.

14 minutes ago, LogieLivi said:

Probably no comments as it wasn't in the highlights, I certainly said it was a red at the time, I thought Collum lost it for a wee spell around that time.

14 minutes ago, LogieLivi said:

Yeah I mentioned it on the Livi forum.

Said to a mate at the time it was 2 footed, I think the fact Devlin saw in coming and managed to  protected himself, and the Ayr player came out of it the worst prob saved him, but still should've been a red card.

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Yeah I mentioned it on the Livi forum.

Said to a mate at the time it was 2 footed, I think the fact Devlin saw in coming and managed to  protected himself, and the Ayr player came out of it the worst prob saved him, but still should've been a red card.

Thing is a red card can also punish both sides in such a small "league" for want of a better description. If the offender was one of the key Ayr players and they had him missing for the following game, i.e. the Falkirk one, that would actually benefit Falkirk more than Livingston. Currently Falkirk are second in the "league" with 4 points; wins against Ayr and Berwick will put them on 10. 

Ideally from a Livi perspective we'd prefer a draw with Ayr winning on penalties. Historically our games at Stranraer havent always been comfortable affairs.

Probably no comments as it wasn't in the highlights, I certainly said it was a red at the time, I thought Collum lost it for a wee spell around that time.
It was in the livi highlights...along with a better view of the offside decision

11 hours ago, Durnford said:

Thing is a red card can also punish both sides in such a small "league" for want of a better description. If the offender was one of the key Ayr players and they had him missing for the following game, i.e. the Falkirk one, that would actually benefit Falkirk more than Livingston. Currently Falkirk are second in the "league" with 4 points; wins against Ayr and Berwick will put them on 10. 

Ideally from a Livi perspective we'd prefer a draw with Ayr winning on penalties. Historically our games at Stranraer havent always been comfortable affairs.

Yeah but Ayr look a lot better than Falkirk so maybe the red card and the player suspended against Falkirk would've helped get a draw in that game.;)

9 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Yeah but Ayr look a lot better than Falkirk so maybe the red card and the player suspended against Falkirk would've helped get a draw in that game.;)

I suppose so; actually I don't think they looked better than Falkirk in the first half but definitely seemed significantly better in the second. Don't know what was said in the dressing room but it might be the reason the team decided to come out five minutes early.

Hairdryer anyone?