League cup group G

10 minutes ago, A Livi Fan said:

to be fair singing 'no-one likes us we don't care' is moronic anyway. I always cringe when any Livi fan tries that song.

I think the we hate Dundee song is the most pointless - particularly when we're playing Motherwell for example. 

18 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Be nice to renew hostilities so quickly with Ayr United after we parted ways.

Nice people, the Ayr fans of P&B.

Hope you all have a nice rest of the week boys emoji106.png See you at the weekend.

No, we're fucking horrible apparently.

Wonder how Ayr fans are going to justify the use of the ‘n’ word. Mean something different in Ayrshire? 
Its the 21st century, stop using black b*****d in any context and these morons won’t be so emboldened. Black b*****d is racist. 
F68D4663-00EB-4965-9692-BA048F3A4BE6.thumb.jpeg.66588bd5922f0f202a903d61a5309cb6.jpeg

Go and read the last page or so and tell me if anyone is justifying the use of that word.

Can you not see how being in a crowd of your fellow supporters singing about ‘black b*****ds,’ while there are black players on the pitch is going to embolden racists?  If I was a racist I’d assume I was in a safe place if I heard that being sung.  

It is really irrelevant what it meant in Ayrshire in the 1980’s as:

1- its not the 1980’s and,

2 - You weren’t in Ayrshire, you were in a part of the country where there are no other connotations of that word.  Any Ayr fans singing that know what that phrase means, and sing it regardless. 

Racists are gonna be racist regardless of one song that they know perfectly well has nothing to do with race.

I don’t sing it and think the words could probably be updated so as to avoid anymore confusion.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Be nice to renew hostilities so quickly with Ayr United after we parted ways.

Nice people, the Ayr fans of P&B.

Hope you all have a nice rest of the week boys emoji106.png See you at the weekend.

Hearing we're taking the Segregation Fence down for this one. See you all soon Bayrns.

3 hours ago, Durnford said:

Getting back to the football I was a bit disappointed in both Devlin and Crawford. A week ago they were great against Alloa but last night they seemed very off the pace.

Devlin seemed to wander aimlessly around leaving a huge gap on the right wing although, in his defence, he really seemed to knuckle down for the last 15. Crawford seemed to be great one moment and totally distracted the next; in contrast he was running everything down in the Alloa game and I think he troubled every blade of (plastic) grass.

Least ways I suppose the Betred cup does at least give teams a chance to settle before the real games start.

Think some of that was to do with him covering Pepe. Lawless also had a tendency to drift inside and leave Devlin quite exposed

1 minute ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Think some of that was to do with him covering Pepe. Lawless also had a tendency to drift inside and leave Devlin quite exposed

Not sure - for the first half it was Pepe on the left and Lithgow on the right. Still next week with Savane in the side we could be a lot stronger playing three at the back and two wing-backs.

4 hours ago, LogieLivi said:

The "black b******s" quote was from myself.
I followed the rest of said quote up with something along the lines of
"It doesnt matter if this has anything to do with a Killie rivalry and means no racist connotation HOWEVER for a team with multiple black players some of whom are only learning the language like Pepe for example, they could take this as being about them."

It's a horrendous thing to sing about at a Livi game. Save it for against Killie if you MUST sing it but it has zero place at any other ground.

That song has been around far longer than your club so not interested in any fake offence on behalf of others. Maybe in future you could sign players with a full range of English so there won’t be any confusion 

That song has been around far longer than your club so not interested in any fake offence on behalf of others. Maybe in future you could sign players with a full range of English so there won’t be any confusion 
Thats not great in terms of a defence tbh

Why is it fake offence? And the fact the song has been around for ages means nothing in defence. Infact its exactly the point imo. Its ancient and needs to go. It sounds awful, particularly to opposition fans who haven't heard it before. Needs to go.

And also...that second part....Eh what?

15 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

I'm not bothered either way about that song but that is the most ridiculous sentence I've ever read in it's defence, very poor.

6 minutes ago, AuAl said:

Why is it fake offence? And the fact the song has been around for ages means nothing in defence. Infact its exactly the point imo. Its ancient and needs to go. It sounds awful, particularly to opposition fans who haven't heard it before. Needs to go.

And also...that second part....Eh what?

Getting offended that others may be offended without actually finding out if that is the case. Perhaps the song doesnt meet modern standards but where do you draw the line as there are quite a few other songs with dubious ditties

4 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

I'm not bothered either way about that song but that is the most ridiculous sentence I've ever read in it's defence, very poor.

Not a defence as such but I  found it strange someone asked for a song to be banned when they didn’t know if their players could speak English or not plus whether they were actually offended by it