League cup group G

7 minutes ago, I'm Brian said:

Must try harder? It took five minutes to get a response

Pre season friendly. FFS  still can't shake off this 'big team mentality' Falkirk seem to have

Would have thought you guys more than anyone in Scottish football right now would need the cash that progression in this tournament offers. Dropping down a division is going to leave a mighty big hole in your bank account, and the players you have aren't going to be on peanuts

Of course you could all still be in denial about being in League 1

The Moff is as beautiful as they come

Nobody is denying we're in league one and I said that myself earlier in this thread.  We've now had this format for a number of years and whether we've been in the championship or leage one very few Falkirk fans bother whether we qualify or not.  Its all about getting your players fit and sharp.  Two seasons ago we topped our group scoring 14 and letting in one.  It came to the league campaign and we were completely dreadful.  I thought we played well up till the sending off and more than matched a side a division ahead of us.  Again though that will mean feck all if we're shit against Peterhead on opening day.  Our finances will cope just fine. We have 800k ready to invest in our budget if the bod would just get their finger ouit so I think we'll cope with the 15k or something we'll maybe miss out on.

22 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
3 hours ago, JinkyBairn said:
Also, I appreciate the work the FTV guys do, but the commentary needs to stop. A consistent beamer for the club.

Agree claiming your striker scored a wonder goal when it was clearly a massive deflection of Harvie

What deflection?😆😆

Really enjoyed the game yesterday. Falkirk were undoubtably the better team in the first half and our goal came against the run of play, a beautiful pass from Moffat to send McCowan free who finished well. Another decent performance from Luke McCowan who is going to be a big player for us this season. He did tire towards the end and could work on his decision making. 

The second half was a bit more even and  the sending off was a bit of a leveller. It was a harsh sending off without a doubt but Durnan was stupid doing what he did and gave the referee a decision to make. 

Thought Stephen Kelly was our best player yesterday, wasn’t scared to have a shot on goal. Special mention also to Aaron Muirhead who has came in for some criticism from our fans but I thought he was solid yesterday.

A Stranraer win on Tuesday at home to Livingston would set us up nicely for a winner takes all at Somerset on Saturday.  A win on Saturday will hopefully take us through regardless given our goal difference. 

2 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Really enjoyed the game yesterday. Falkirk were undoubtably the better team in the first half and our goal came against the run of play, a beautiful pass from Moffat to send McCowan free who finished well. Another decent performance from Luke McCowan who is going to be a big player for us this season. He did tire towards the end and could work on his decision making. 

The second half was a bit more even and  the sending off was a bit of a leveller. It was a harsh sending off without a doubt but Durnan was stupid doing what he did and gave the referee a decision to make. 

Thought Stephen Kelly was our best player yesterday, wasn’t scared to have a shot on goal. Special mention also to Aaron Muirhead who has came in for some criticism from our fans but I thought he was solid yesterday.

A Stranraer win on Tuesday at home to Livingston would set us up nicely for a winner takes all at Somerset on Saturday.  A win on Saturday will hopefully take us through regardless given our goal difference. 

Pretty fair and balanced view of the game.

4 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Nobody is denying we're in league one and I said that myself earlier in this thread.  We've now had this format for a number of years and whether we've been in the championship or leage one very few Falkirk fans bother whether we qualify or not.  Its all about getting your players fit and sharp.  Two seasons ago we topped our group scoring 14 and letting in one.  It came to the league campaign and we were completely dreadful.  I thought we played well up till the sending off and more than matched a side a division ahead of us.  Again though that will mean feck all if we're shit against Peterhead on opening day.  Our finances will cope just fine. We have 800k ready to invest in our budget if the bod would just get their finger ouit so I think we'll cope with the 15k or something we'll maybe miss out on.

£15k?? It's worth a shit load more than that. The year we got to the semi final we made hundreds of thousands from this competition

Every year we have qualified from this format and we have ended up with games against Premiership teams and last year we got our share of a 35k crowd at Castle Greyskull. That allowed us to sign two players

Any supporter of any League one team saying this competition doesn't matter has serious delusions of grandeur. Of course the league is the priority but you need the cups for some extra income, particularly at the level you find yourselves at. 

If I were a Falkirk fan and there is that sum of money to invest, I'd be heartily worried that less than two weeks before the league kicks off you can only provide 15 players for a game. I would go further as to be very dubious as to whether it actually exists, or if it does exist is it going into the playing budget. It sounds a bit like Dave King and his Warchest

£15k?? It's worth a shit load more than that. The year we got to the semi final we made hundreds of thousands from this competition
Every year we have qualified from this format and we have ended up with games against Premiership teams and last year we got our share of a 35k crowd at Castle Greyskull. That allowed us to sign two players
Any supporter of any League one team saying this competition doesn't matter has serious delusions of grandeur. Of course the league is the priority but you need the cups for some extra income, particularly at the level you find yourselves at. 
If I were a Falkirk fan and there is that sum of money to invest, I'd be heartily worried that less than two weeks before the league kicks off you can only provide 15 players for a game. I would go further as to be very dubious as to whether it actually exists, or if it does exist is it going into the playing budget. It sounds a bit like Dave King and his Warchest

The 800k is in fan pledges ready to be put into the club if/when the board agree. So nothing like Dave King then.

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
4 minutes ago, I said:

The 800k is in fan pledges ready to be put into the club if/when the board agree. So nothing like Dave King then.

So more RFFF then. And if the Board don't agree?

11 minutes ago, I'm Brian said:

You frankly don't have a clue. How can supporters cash be anything to do with a Dave King warchest.  What a load of complete tosh.😆😆. The difference between coming third in the group stage and qualifying is about 20k or something prize money. Ok if you get a tie against celtic or rangers then great otherwise even the runners up only get 100k odd. You'd be off your nut to budget for that at the start of the season though.

Edited by Shodwall cat

8 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Club are looking at three bids at the moment including the one mentioned. Hopefully get preferred bidder sorted out by the end of next week.

So that £800k is the price one party are offering for the club.

Moving swiftly on from tickets to next Saturday. A win should hopefully take us through as winners or one of the next runners up.

It’s Stranraer so they’ll be right up for it as usual and it’ll be a battle like these games always are.

If Adams is fit I’m all in favour of putting him into the starting lineup.

Doohan

Ferguson
Muirhead
Roscoe
Harvie

Kelly
Adams
Murdoch

McCowan
Doolan
McGuffie

14 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Moving swiftly on from tickets to next Saturday. A win should hopefully take us through as winners or one of the next runners up.

Was having a look earlier. Things will be much clearer after Tuesday obviously but I think we can safely say 9 points and your goal difference will certainly get you through. I think Group A is the only one where realistically two clubs are going to get 10 or more.

I’ve no idea what Durnan thought he could accomplish by doing that but either way it’s a yellow for both players and you move on.

Moffats tackle is bad and cynical but still only a yellow card.

I’ve no idea why he’s given a penalty either. Both players put a foot up to win the ball and both come back down. It’s just nothing tbh and play could quite easily have gone on.
I'm pretty sure Moffats tackle is serious foul play, which should see red. The fact that he swiped him, rather than going through the back of him probably saved him from getting a red

I'm pretty sure Moffats tackle is serious foul play, which should see red. The fact that he swiped him, rather than going through the back of him probably saved him from getting a red

Taking the legs away from someone isn’t serious foul play surely. I think it looks worse because Moffat lunges a bit but it’s a cynical yellow at most. The annoying think was he could’ve barged him over a few seconds earlier and would probably have gotten away with a talking to.