League cup group G

18 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Not specificity you , out of a crowd of 1600 , 1090 chose to turn up without a ticket , that’s not last minute fans , that’s poor planning , everyone has known since May that we are a non pay at the gate club , all championship clubs were made aware of this and asked to put on their club website to make their fans aware of which Falkirk done this but still over 350 Falkirk fans arrived without pre purchasing a ticket 

That attitude just puts off people from attending - you need to make it as easy as possible for fans to buy tickets.

I don’t have a problem with the direction the club took with tickets this season but it’s off to an awful start. The online system sounds great but all I’ve seen is people having problems with getting their QR codes sorted. Add to that the people who won’t/can’t buy online or in advance and the club need to have their shit together on match days.

It will hopefully get better but don’t pretend today wasn’t a bit of a farce.

Just now, Robbo63 said:

What else could the club have done ? It was repeated numerous times on website and in local press especially in last 2 weeks 

That doesn't get away from the fact that a lot of fans wouldn't have known, now that more know, it will be interesting to see if it puts any off.

1 minute ago, eez-eh said:

That attitude just puts off people from attending - you need to make it as easy as possible for fans to buy tickets.

I don’t have a problem with the direction the club took with tickets this season but it’s off to an awful start. The online system sounds great but all I’ve seen is people having problems with getting their QR codes sorted. Add to that the people who won’t/can’t buy online or in advance and the club need to have their shit together on match days.

It will hopefully get better but don’t pretend today wasn’t a bit of a farce.

I certainly for one did not state it went well , I stated that everyone had learned a lesson today and that work needs to be done both by club and spectators to make next week more successful 

14th May official club website Twitter and Facebook  , information that ayr United will be a ticket only entry system for season 2019/20 , also in local press , what other way could we have informed our support ? This was repeated a number of times since then also 
What more can the club do? We are all adults who can surely buy a ticket online, pop into the club shop at some point during the week or turn up in good time to buy a ticket before the game starts, hats off to the club staff if there was only a 10 min delay to kick off if that many people turned up without a ticket, the club acknowledged yesterday that their would most likely be teething issues and lessons would be learned from the first game, in a few weeks no one will be giving a care about tickets we will all be used to it.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’d be shocked if folk turned up today not knowing the situation regarding tickets.

Why would you be shocked, everyone is not on social media, I only knew the Livi game was a ticket match due to P&B.

40 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Not specificity you , out of a crowd of 1600 , 1090 chose to turn up without a ticket , that’s not last minute fans , that’s poor planning , everyone has known since May that we are a non pay at the gate club , all championship clubs were made aware of this and asked to put on their club website to make their fans aware of which Falkirk done this but still over 350 Falkirk fans arrived without pre purchasing a ticket 

Why not just make it pay at the bloody gate with the option to pay online in advance.  Boy on the turnstyle gives you a ticket when u pay. No queues no fuckups.

I think the ticket issue is something that lessons have been learned and we need park it and concentrate on the football

A good win today in end up , Falkirk are carrying a championship squad and at times looked dangerous , we competed well and deserved the win in the end up , not sure how it would have gone if they kept 11 on the pitch though , Doohan to thank for the penalty save and commanding box in last 5 mins when they played high crosses into box 

5 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Why not just make it pay at the bloody gate with the option to pay online in advance.  Boy on the turnstyle gives you a ticket when u pay. No queues no fuckups.

Why do you care so much, it's not going to affect you through the season anyhow.

1 minute ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Why do you care so much, it's not going to affect you through the season anyhow.

I dont care now im just replying to folk who were saying i shouldve bought a ticket in advance when i didnt know if i would be able to get there to the last minute.  I rush down to ayr and then find ive got to queue for 25 mins to get into a game with 1600 folk.

Absolutely this.

Those pretending that this is somehow a sensible plan are not thinking straight. We've made it harder for people to turn up and pay to watch the football.

Literally nothing else needs to be said. (Although someone earlier compared it to going to an airport - genius - let's get folk to take their shoes and belts off as well)

They better learn the lessons - as this was the most predictable thing in the fucking world. A queue snaking into the club shop and one desk? f**k sake.

1 minute ago, pandarilla said:

Absolutely this.

Those pretending that this is somehow a sensible plan are not thinking straight. We've made it harder for people to turn up and pay to watch the football.

Literally nothing else needs to be said. (Although someone earlier compared it to going to an airport - genius - let's get folk to take their shoes and belts off as well)

They better learn the lessons - as this was the most predictable thing in the fucking world. A queue snaking into the club shop and one desk? f**k sake.

I certainly can't be fucked with it and Livi just confirmed that I'll not be breaking my neck to go to games, better things to do with my time than f**k about queuing or looking for codes on my phone or laptop..