League cup group G

36 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

This ticketing melt down is joke I understand some people still want cash but this change will come to most grounds sooner rather than later, Ayr have made it well known since the end of last season this was happening and have been proactive on social media and probably in the Ayrshire post advising Ayr fans opposition fans to buy in advance if they don't want to queue if you don't have the time to buy on line turn up 15 min early and get a ticket it's not rocket science.

A joke? Please explain why the club were proactively ushering people to the front of the queue that had bought online. These were people that had taken note and tried to follow the clubs guidance 

37 minutes ago, paulbrucerick said:

Folk moaning they had to stand in the sunshine to get into a game which was delayed for 8 (eight) minutes! 

What a time to be alive!

Delays don’t happen that often but can’t say that ticketing issues are the usual cause of the ones I have heard of 

Incident with Doohan and Durnan was a bit strange. From my vantage point, Doohan collected a ball, had two hands comfortably on it and was shoulder barged by Durnan. Doohan then reacted and there was a bit of handbags.

I would have thought a yellow for Durnan would have sufficed as he had no right to challenge Doohan for the ball.

Falkirk fans blaming the refereeing are in danger of slipping into a small club mentality - "with the big Championship team getting all the decisions."

6 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Thats fine if you know in advance that you are able to go. The ayr queue is even worse than the falkirk one.  Complete shambles .

Shambles for the people who chose to turn up without buying tickets that have been on sale in club shop and on line for 4 weeks , do these people wait to they go to airport before booking their flight ???? Thought not 

1 hour ago, AyrExile said:

First week so fair enough to put down to teething problems. There will need to be some radical change to the system to make this work 

I can guarantee you that lessons have been learnt by all involved today , more people will buy on line in future games , club will be better prepared with tickets readily available ( pre printed) rather than printing individually, system will be updated , a number of issues today were down to clients email setting incorrect to receive attachments ( club rectifying this ) due to everyone needing tickets today the process was slow , when league starts approx 60% of home fans will have season tickets so no need to queue for tickets and operators will be slicker as today was the first time they scanned a live system 

26 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Shambles for the people who chose to turn up without buying tickets that have been on sale in club shop and on line for 4 weeks , do these people wait to they go to airport before booking their flight ???? Thought not 

As i said twice already i did not buy a ticket online as i didnt know till the last minute as i was working. I then left my work and came straight down.  Why there should be queues and a ko held up for a 1600 crowd in a 10k stadium is beyond me. Why not just give people the choice to buy online or pay to get in. We do that every sat and manage to get 4000 plus in without holding up the bloomin ko.

As i said twice already i did not buy a ticket online as i didnt know till the last minute as i was working. I then left my work and came straight down.  Why there should be queues and a ko held up for a 1600 crowd in a 10k stadium is beyond me. Why not just give people the choice to buy online or pay to get in. We do that every sat and manage to get 4000 plus in without holding up the bloomin ko.

That’s absolutely fine.

However the problem is that the majority of fans of both Ayr and Falkirk thought it’d be fine to just wait and buy at the ground when it would be easier to book in advance. There’s always going to be a number of folk that will decide at the last minute to turn up and pay at the ground but if you can avoid it then please do.

I think today will both make fans book in advance and also make the club see it’s going to take a wee while for people to get used to it.

Crowdwanking, it's the failkirk way.

10 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Not specificity you , out of a crowd of 1600 , 1090 chose to turn up without a ticket , that’s not last minute fans , that’s poor planning , everyone has known since May that we are a non pay at the gate club , all championship clubs were made aware of this and asked to put on their club website to make their fans aware of which Falkirk done this but still over 350 Falkirk fans arrived without pre purchasing a ticket 

8 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Not specificity you , out of a crowd of 1600 , 1090 chose to turn up without a ticket , that’s not last minute fans , that’s poor planning , everyone has known since May that we are a non pay at the gate club , all championship clubs were made aware of this and asked to put on their club website to make their fans aware of which Falkirk done this but still over 350 Falkirk fans arrived without pre purchasing a ticket 

Very presumptive and almost certainly wrong.

2 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

There’s important questions needing answered. Who was offended by what today?

I’ve never been offended by anything at the football, it doesn’t change that I think certain things are backwards and need left in the past.

Stop being an obtuse tit.

17 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

Very presumptive and almost certainly wrong.

14th May official club website Twitter and Facebook  , information that ayr United will be a ticket only entry system for season 2019/20 , also in local press , what other way could we have informed our support ? This was repeated a number of times since then also 

Edited by Robbo63

2 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

14th May official club website Twitter and Facebook  , information that ayr United will be a ticket only entry system for season 2019/20 FACT 

And did everyone who turned up today know?