League cup group G

1 minute ago, Mgc1910 said:

Don’t see why.  It is extremely easy to buy a ticket before you head to the game.  I’ll make allowances for fans who are a bit older and/or a bit thick, but I’m pretty confident most fans will get up to speed pretty quick.  We use cashless systems in so many other aspects of our life so don’t see any reason why football should be any different.  It’s safe to assume this wasn’t developed purely for Ayr United - I’m sure you’ll find plenty of other clubs have migrated to this approach.

I doubt many have moved to a system where you get a ticket with a couple of letters written on it with a biro pen by some old biddy in a porto cabin. Why couldnt the folk manning the turnstyles just do that ffs?

I doubt many have moved to a system where you get a ticket with a couple of letters written on it with a biro pen by some old biddy in a porto cabin. Why couldnt the folk manning the turnstyles just do that ffs?
Absolutely fucking raging

Most clubs are moving to modern ticket systems, but its either naive or stupid for anyone to think there are not regularly going to be people who expect that they can turn up at a lower league Scottish match with 20 quid and pay in.

Anyone saying otherwise is not being realistic.

Edited by Bairnardo

3 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Why didn’t you just buy a ticket online?  Would have saved you so much heartache.

2 minutes ago, AuAl said:
4 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Absolutely fucking raging

The size of your crowds you should be trying to encourage as many fans to attend games as possible. Having them queue for 20 mins plus to get in is hardly going to do that.

Why didn’t you just buy a ticket online?  Would have saved you so much heartache.

I didnt know if id be coming because i was working today and shot right down the road when i finished. I didnt think for a minute that it would take that long to get into a game with a 1600 crowd.

Don’t see why.  It is extremely easy to buy a ticket before you head to the game.  I’ll make allowances for fans who are a bit older and/or a bit thick, but I’m pretty confident most fans will get up to speed pretty quick.  We use cashless systems in so many other aspects of our life so don’t see any reason why football should be any different.  It’s safe to assume this wasn’t developed purely for Ayr United - I’m sure you’ll find plenty of other clubs have migrated to this approach.

I bought a ticket online and wasn’t sent a QR code on either email I received . Went to shop and they kindly gave me a ticket. As an example Partick Thistle have a seperate portakabin at their turnstiles where you have a good few queues to buy a ticket so it happens within a few minutes. Today we had queues of 30 deep into a shop with a table or two like a beetle drive. Not sure how further congestion in the shop will help with merchandise sales either as it was best avoided. Think with Thistle you might be able to scan ticket so one person can work two or three turnstiles and keep things moving. Today we had one person per turnstyle that took as long as paying with cash operating an amazon scanner. To be fair the home crowd was a bit lighter due to holidays and we still had a delay of ten minutes. Hopefully lessons can be learned and make this efficient in the future but not really seeing a massive benefit from this system 

This ticketing melt down is joke I understand some people still want cash but this change will come to most grounds sooner rather than later, Ayr have made it well known since the end of last season this was happening and have been proactive on social media and probably in the Ayrshire post advising Ayr fans opposition fans to buy in advance if they don't want to queue if you don't have the time to buy on line turn up 15 min early and get a ticket it's not rocket science.

2 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

I bought a ticket online and wasn’t sent a QR code on either email I received . Went to shop and they kindly gave me a ticket. As an example Partick Thistle have a seperate portakabin at their turnstiles where you have a good few queues to buy a ticket so it happens within a few minutes. Today we had queues of 30 deep into a shop with a table or two like a beetle drive. Not sure how further congestion in the shop will help with merchandise sales either as it was best avoided. Think with Thistle you might be able to scan ticket so one person can work two or three turnstiles and keep things moving. Today we had one person per turnstyle that took as long as paying with cash operating an amazon scanner. To be fair the home crowd was a bit lighter due to holidays and we still had a delay of ten minutes. Hopefully lessons can be learned and make this efficient in the future but not really seeing a massive benefit from this system 

Your always better to give people as many options as possible to get in. Buying on line great we do that obviously but we also have the pay at the gate option. Keeps everyone happy and prevents what happened today.

Just now, Superhursy7 said:

This ticketing melt down is joke I understand some people still want cash but this change will come to most grounds sooner rather than later, Ayr have made it well known since the end of last season this was happening and have been proactive on social media and probably in the Ayrshire post advising Ayr fans opposition fans to buy in advance if they don't want to queue if you don't have the time to buy on line turn up 15 min early and get a ticket it's not rocket science.

15 mins? You would needed to have turned up half an hour early go get in on time.

5 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

Like I say, teething problems.  The amount of drama queenery on here is unreal.

2 hours ago, placidcasual said:

Not sure why the Falkirk fans were raging at Doohan. It's not like he went down in a heap looking for a red card. Some save at the penalty.

Geordie Watson now, would've saved that penalty

2 minutes ago, Mgc1910 said:

Like I say, teething problems.  The amount of drama queenery on here is unreal.

First week so fair enough to put down to teething problems. There will need to be some radical change to the system to make this work