League cup group G

10 minutes ago, Durnford said:

I suppose so; actually I don't think they looked better than Falkirk in the first half but definitely seemed significantly better in the second. Don't know what was said in the dressing room but it might be the reason the team decided to come out five minutes early.

Hairdryer anyone?

McCall did a jobby and threatened to throw it at them if they didn't get the finger out in the 2nd half?

No comments yet on the Ayr left back double foot jumping in on a challenge against Dev.
That was a straight red if I've ever seen one.
Agreed it was a straight red however Collum seem to be taking a very relaxed approach. Couple of cynical fouls in the midfield by both teams which could have been bookings that he let go, seemed to be reffing it more like a pre season.

It wasn’t offside and it wasn’t a red card.
How on earth can you say that's not a red card?
He literally jumps off the ground and two foots it down?
I however agree there should have been tonnes of yellows in that game. I'm sure Bartley had a cynical challenge shirt pulling or similar in the second half which would have seen a yellow in any normal match.
Collum is an absolute donkey.

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

It wasn’t offside and it wasn’t a red card.

35 minutes ago, LogieLivi said:

Dykes is definitely onside for his "goal". Comfortably so.

I think charitably it's not a red card. Looks like he realises late on he's jumpping with two feet raised and drops the back foot back on the ground before he gets to the challenge. It's careless, he's out of control, it's a definite booking but I don't think I'd red card for it.

38 minutes ago, LogieLivi said:

I however agree there should have been tonnes of yellows in that game. I'm sure Bartley had a cynical challenge shirt pulling or similar in the second half which would have seen a yellow in any normal match.

Actually he's correct in saying that's not a red card - whether it should have been a red card is another question. 

If Devlin had rolled around on the ground screaming, AKA Andy Ryan, then it might have been a different story.

Dykes is definitely onside for his "goal". Comfortably so.
I think charitably it's not a red card. Looks like he realises late on he's jumpping with two feet raised and drops the back foot back on the ground before he gets to the challenge. It's careless, he's out of control, it's a definite booking but I don't think I'd red card for it.

Aye this is what I thought.

He’s out of control but he does try and pull out it before he does any damage.

Collum did lose control of it though and this was one of several challenges that he should’ve gave a booking for.

Hell of a tight anyway, we aren't having much luck with these decisions, Sammon was offside for the Falkirk equaliser too, but got the goal allowed. Hadn't realised we had as many chances in the 2nd half too, Ayr dominated it 2nd half but I counted us having 4 good clear chances (inc Lamies goal) in the 2nd half.
There was a foul in the lead up to the Livingston goal on Saturday so nil nil then.

51 minutes ago, Sanity check needed. said:

You give hearts, hibs, rangers, Celtic and aberdeen 3/4 of the stadium so your average attendance is mainly made up of away fans

Actually he's a St. Johnstone fan but more importantly only Heart; Sevco and Celtic seem to travel in numbers now. Hibs and Aberdeen don't travel in anywhere the numbers they used to 15 years ago. Last season it seemed St Mirren travelled in greater number than Hibs.

1 hour ago, Sanity check needed. said:
On ‎17‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 20:28, LIVIFOREVER said:
Hell of a tight anyway, we aren't having much luck with these decisions, Sammon was offside for the Falkirk equaliser too, but got the goal allowed. Hadn't realised we had as many chances in the 2nd half too, Ayr dominated it 2nd half but I counted us having 4 good clear chances (inc Lamies goal) in the 2nd half.

There was a foul in the lead up to the Livingston goal on Saturday so nil nil then.

That piss poor attempt at jumping for the ball was never a foul, yer man was just too flimsy in the challenge.

8 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

That piss poor attempt at jumping for the ball was never a foul, yer man was just too flimsy in the challenge.

Please stop ribbing the opposition and concentrate on our game at the weekend.... oh wait.....

Actually the Ayr v. Falkirk game could be an absolute cracker or a complete damp squib.

In paper Falkirk could conceivably be happy with a draw however, after their performance in the penalty shootout, I very much doubt it. Also a Draw would be unlikely to be enough to get into the highest runners up section.

Ayr will go for it; I don't think theirs any question about it. They will feel unlucky to have lost out on Tuesday night in the last few minutes, at home in front of their home crowd... 

As for the other match I believe the local accident and emergency services have been put on high alert. There probably wont be much quarter given.

1 hour ago, Durnford said:

Please stop ribbing the opposition and concentrate on our game at the weekend.... oh wait.....

Actually the Ayr v. Falkirk game could be an absolute cracker or a complete damp squib.

In paper Falkirk could conceivably be happy with a draw however, after their performance in the penalty shootout, I very much doubt it. Also a Draw would be unlikely to be enough to get into the highest runners up section.

Ayr will go for it; I don't think theirs any question about it. They will feel unlucky to have lost out on Tuesday night in the last few minutes, at home in front of their home crowd... 

As for the other match I believe the local accident and emergency services have been put on high alert. There probably wont be much quarter given.

Aye it'll be good sitting back this weekend watching the results pan out, hopefully a draw between Ayr & Falkirk with Ayr winning on pens, which would give us the luxury of only needing 4 points from our last 2 games.

I know we should be beating both Stranraer and Berwick anyway, but I can't help thinking of that horror show against them in the relegation play offs, and also by the time we play Berwick they'll have had a few drubbings so will prob sit in deep against us and make it a very frustrating game. Or we'll just simply feck it up and draw with one of them. So mon the draw Ayr v Falkirk.

53 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Aye it'll be good sitting back this weekend watching the results pan out, hopefully a draw between Ayr & Falkirk with Ayr winning on pens, which would give us the luxury of only needing 4 points from our last 2 games.

I know we should be beating both Stranraer and Berwick anyway, but I can't help thinking of that horror show against them in the relegation play offs, and also by the time we play Berwick they'll have had a few drubbings so will prob sit in deep against us and make it a very frustrating game. Or we'll just simply feck it up and draw with one of them. So mon the draw Ayr v Falkirk.

Just looked at Berwick's official site and it looks like they only have 6 senior player; the rest are presumably made up by the development squad. Not sure what your strategy should be in that circumstance - is it better to try and keep the numbers down by sitting in or should you simply go for it; give the boys a decent run out and expect nothing but hope to give a good account of yourselves?

What’s the team for tomorrow then? Hopefully we change up the midfield that started on Tuesday as it didn’t work in the first half. However I’d be tempted to have Moffat or Doolan up front with Forrest and McCowan wide of them.

Doohan

Geggan
Muirhead
Roscoe
Harvie

Murdoch
Docherty
Kelly

McCowan
Doolan/Moffat
Forrest

On 17/07/2019 at 12:09, Superhursy7 said:

It's time to change the song it's been used as a stick to beat us for at least the last 3 seasons all wee need to do is change the word black to Killie and its sorted, TBH I hadn't really thought about in the context of a player from abroad or even down south hearing that they have no idea of Ayrshire slang and would rightly be offended.

Everyone is actively looking to be "offended" these days, that's the real problem.

While I don't condone racism in any way or form, it's pretty pathetic that football fans should be worrying about how their use of language is being interpreted or used within a certain context or not.

Black, in our context, means dirty and always has done, who gives a toss what some shrinking violets think it "might" / "could" mean. Also, we've has loads of black players playing for us and against us over the years and I've NEVER heard of any complaints or even discussions such as this up until last season when some supporters of our opponents actually mentioned it on here.

Honestly, all this PC crap would rip yer knitting, no offence to seamstresses intended.................

22 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Everyone is actively looking to be "offended" these days, that's the real problem.

While I don't condone racism in any way or form, it's pretty pathetic that football fans should be worrying about how their use of language is being interpreted or used within a certain context or not.

Black, in our context, means dirty and always has done, who gives a toss what some shrinking violets think it "might" / "could" mean. Also, we've has loads of black players playing for us and against us over the years and I've NEVER heard of any complaints or even discussions such as this up until last season when some supporters of our opponents actually mentioned it on here.

Honestly, all this PC crap would rip yer knitting, no offence to seamstresses intended.................

I’ll try to be reasonable here:

Sometimes you have to accept that a certain term is outdated and needs phased out. No one outside of Ayrshire or Fife will “get” the context, is it really worth others interpreting it as racist, when it could easily be changed to another word? It wouldn’t be that difficult to just change it to “dirty b*****ds” or something similar.