League cup group G

8 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

Wha? In what context? I can’t imagine any context where this is even slightly acceptable

When someone is called Black  in Ayrshire it means they are dirty and nothing to do with the colour of their skin.

33 minutes ago, Buckfast said:

When someone is called Black  in Ayrshire it means they are dirty and nothing to do with the colour of their skin.

Sounds like a load of shite :D Horrific choice of words, get with the times ffs

1 hour ago, Buckfast said:

Likewise in West Fife. 

To insinuate someone is  a scaff/tink/unwashed. Probably a byproduct of miners? 

6 hours ago, thruthenight said:

Wha? In what context? I can’t imagine any context where this is even slightly acceptable

That context has been around in Ayrshire long before mass immigration and the pc brigade happened. Not sure the faux outraged can take the morale high ground over it  

Ah the "black b***rds" thing. There is no racist intention but we really have to get rid of that. Does sound very bad, hence why it's brought up by opposition fans at least once or twice a year.

Just seen the tweet, hope they can find who is responsible for saying that.

That context has been around in Ayrshire long before mass immigration and the pc brigade happened. Not sure the faux outraged can take the morale high ground over it  
The problem is that "black b*****d" has a pretty well-established and highly offensive meaning that is shared by the vast majority of the English speaking world. I don't doubt that the original context was what you say it is but with racism being such a big problem in football, you can't blame others for reacting when they hear those words at a football game these days.

Ah the "black b***rds" thing. There is no racist intention but we really have to get rid of that. Does sound very bad, hence why it's brought up by opposition fans at least once or twice a year.

Just seen the tweet, hope they can find who is responsible for saying that.

I can’t find the tweet can you screenshot it?

9 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

I agree with Livingston set up being poor , as a club we told them we would have between 300/400 not far away as we had 450 out of a crowd of 1000, shit support from the hosts who only had 100 more than us 

Nothing more than a glorified friendly,wind yer neck in.

9 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

Utter shite mate , I was sitting right in the middle of the Ayr fans and not once was any racist comments made to your absolute donkey of a player No15, he got lots of abuse because he was shit absolutely nothing was said other than that 

It happened directly behind me.  It wasn't a shout or direct abuse, purely conversational racism.  Disgusting. 

8 hours ago, thruthenight said:

It's never an acceptable song, the context is to do with coming out of a mining pit with your face all blackened from the soot.  It's pathetic, a song I wish we either changed or didn't sing. 

Ayr were absolutely h o a c h I n first half, haven't watched McCall's interview but I take it Roscoe was injured because he appeared to have cement in his boots. Moffat can't do everything up front and Doolan was rightly hooked for offering nothing at all to get better support to Moffat, no surprise bit worked and the game changed totally.  A more realistic look at where we will be this season tonight, definitely need a packet striker. 

10 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

I agree with Livingston set up being poor , as a club we told them we would have between 300/400 not far away as we had 450 out of a crowd of 1000, shit support from the hosts who only had 100 more than us 

Ignoring the crowd w@nk for a moment; as a matter of interest where did all the Ayr supporters end up? I was informed that they'd been assigned section A1 which only holds 122. Were they moved into section A2 which holds 332? The problem being quite a few people had already bought tickets there ( wanting the same seat as their season ticket) and I know some people can get quite precious about it.

Personally I believe all away supporters should be afforded space in the East stand so that some rivalry can be created - with everyone in the West Stand the atmosphere is frankly quite sh1te.

Was interesting to see the two teams emerge at the start of the second half; Ayr were out early and keen to get on with it.

Livingston by contrast came out like they'd had one almighty b0ll0cking in the dressing room and just wanted to get it over with. Unfortunately it looked the same on Saturday against Falkirk.

Anyway lots of positives to take from the game; Ayr will certainly be in the playoffs (as a minimum) if they can maintain that form throughout the season.

4 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Ignoring the crowd w@nk for a moment; as a matter of interest where did all the Ayr supporters end up? I was informed that they'd been assigned section A1 which only holds 122. Were they moved into section A2 which holds 332? The problem being quite a few people had already bought tickets there ( wanting the same seat as their season ticket) and I know some people can get quite precious about it.

Personally I believe all away supporters should be afforded space in the East stand so that some rivalry can be created - with everyone in the West Stand the atmosphere is frankly quite sh1te.

I had a Livi fan next to me in A1. He appeared about five minutes into the game.  Essentially there was no segregation. 

2 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

It's happened before with us away and it will happen again, they obviously ask someone for an estimate, they advise 300 and presume it's a typo.  

Section A1 is way too small for 300 people - but, as I say, away supporters should be put in the East stand; anything else is a bit disrespectful. We did it with Brechin a couple of seasons back but they only brought 20 and a dug (and that was when they went the entire season without a win) but even so. 

Alexa, show me the most tedious debate in Scottish football.

This and big club chat.

The song has no racial denotations however could probably be updated.

However the real issue is the racist chat by one (or however many) of our supporters last night. Hopefully someone saw who it was and pointed them out to a steward.